It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes that Change your Being - Share your Best

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What 'performance' is being sought? Anything in particular? Not really sure what the statement - practice leads to performance means - that is why I ask these questions. Are you hoping to get yourself to perform in a certain way?

If you have never meditated, you might miss why it's called practice. In some ways, it's like calling a Doctor by his practice, or by what he does to heal people. The essence of practice is to work out your emotions and thoughts from within, practicing the control of thought and emotion, untangling the entangled vine that is the self. From this practice in meditation, you find a bliss (Zazen / Samadhi), which is a state of peace that you then take with you during the day. Years of this 'practice' allows for the state of bliss and joy to be held. Performance of this is then seen by the Buddhist tradition of the Bodhisattva, or ending the suffering of other beings with teaching of the same practice. Ultimately, a person learns that the mind and inner world is all that truly exists in truth, which then enlightens the mind to higher consciousness.

This is the development of higher virtue and compassion. Christ was a type of Bodhisattva. This is fulfillment of the requirements of Yama (ruler of the underworld), or Yahweh in the Bible. All of this is personification of the powers within us all (sub-conscience, super-conscience, conscience and virtue / Dharmas).

edit on 10-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

I would say that the mechanism of thought must be investigated if relief is required from thought. There is a problem with thought because there is a presupposing of a non existent thing and that assumption of a thing leads to the assumption of all other things - when there is more than one there will be conflict.
It is only when no thing has been realised that peace will be unveiled.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scobro
"If it stings,it's good for you"

My Mam

"There's no love lost between Brechin and Montrose" - My Dad (this is true)

don't think words have the ability to change your being though...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I would say that the mechanism of thought must be investigated if relief is required from thought. There is a problem with thought because there is a presupposing of a non existent thing and that assumption of a thing leads to the assumption of all other things - when there is more than one there will be conflict. It is only when no thing has been realised that peace will be unveiled.

While it's true that consciousness alone exists, it's a self-referring process expressing as various aspects in categories. The field of pure consciousness produces the impulse that arises producing the Godhead, or Trimurti in Buddhist thought (Christian Trinity). Absolute brings about the ability to produce an image of itself. This first desire requires refinement of the thing produced. It's not possible to separate the Absolute from the first three emanations. They are one. It's also not practical for the first three to be anything other than individual and perfect mirrors of the absolute.

To allow room for individuation, the three are then lowered into Time (passion) and Space (ingorance). These qualities are called Guanas:

1) Sattva - Illumination (light perfected) - purity, wholesomeness, and virtue. This is the state of our first face before creation, which is held and locked in the Trinity (Trimurti).

2) Rajas - Translation / Translation of both Tamassic and Satvaic processes, or the tipping point of Time.

3) Tamas, which engages the general inertia of creation (inability to know good and evil / right and wrong) - Darkness / Ignorance.

From a physics standard, this is invariance (Sattva) being translated (Translational Symmetry), leaving the invariance alone. While you see a breaking of symmetry here, this is only the process of Godhead to individuate the named thing (Tao) back to the Higher Nature, which has been broken into parts for the production of new life (Bread Broken in the Bible). That basket of bread never goes empty. Slice it all you want, it keeps rising and expanding to no end. Why? The Godhead never changes. Translation of the individual is a new infinity within infinity.

This is the expression of Godhead (Word OM) flowing and expressing as modifications of itself (simulation); Space and time, the primary cosmic forces (Translation of Word). The mind never changes, but it does create and produce based on the perfected Dharmas (natures) and by its own Spirit. We have an inheritance.

MU means 'does / does not.' Does a Dog have Buddha nature? No. Does a Dog have Buddha nature? Yes. In other words, when a Dog (human in a Buddha body) realizes his Sattva, he is in process to reach back through his Tomassic nature to find his higher nature. This is Buddha Nature. If a person has no realization or enlightenment, then no Buddha nature. The Dog is the person in the beast meat suit. Overcoming the division is the point, or finding your Sattva.

Rising back to Godhead does not imply leaving your reality. It implies improving it to mirror Heaven above, allowing the fruit here to become a Tree. Produce more! It's the point for now until all things are changed and Ignorance is no more.

See this: YOU are these three things all the time until you deny Ignorance

Deny Ignorance by bringing Heaven (sattva) down to Earth (Soil). Plant it here, but always know your higher self in the Three above. No more, no less than three above. We are all in the Son (Cosmos). God is not single. God is All (Absolute) / ONE (Echad), but never Yachid.

Non-being is not possible, yet IS and IS not. Non-Being is only there so Being can exist relative to it. The point is becoming (Baptism) so that we can rise back to know true LIFE above. Spirit is the mind. Matter is the thing light reveals for vision of the other side. Shine the light.

edit on 11-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: Shin the Light. Open blind Eyes. Feed the Sheep!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
Absolute brings about the ability to produce an image of itself.

The absolute is always manifesting itself.
What is IS.
There is only this that is but this that is appears as thoughts about someone separate and these thoughts are often believed until thoughts are seen for what they are - just the absolute appearing as thoughts.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yet here you are, a thought of the absolute written into WORD (DNA). You and I are each separately written volumes from ONE nature (Tao), which is the speaker, watcher and knower. Yes. Guest and Host. What defines you at the Ressurrection from ignorance?

1 Corinthians 15

28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Subject and Object. What have you lost?

RUMI

“Within us are many things. There is mouse in us, and there is bird. The bird carries the cage upwards, while the mouse drags it down. A hundred thousand different wild beasts are together within us, but they are all converging on that moment when the mouse will renounce its mousehood and the bird its birdhood, and all become one. For the goal is neither going up or down. When the goal shows itself clearly, it will be neither above nor below.”

A woman lost something. She looks left and right, in front and behind. Once she has found that thing she no longer searches above and below, left and right, in front or behind. All at once she becomes calm and collected. Similarly, on the resurrection day all people will be of one eye, tongue, ear and understanding.

When ten friends share a garden or a shop in common, they speak as one, they plan as one, and their work is with one thing since their objective is the same. So, on the resurrection day, since the affair of all will be with God, they will all be one. In this world everyone is preoccupied with a separate affair. One is in love with women, one is in love with wealth, another is engaged in acquiring possessions, another in acquiring knowledge.

Everyone believes that their cure, their joy, their pleasure and comfort can be found in that one thing. And that is a Divine mercy, because when they search they cannot find, and so they return. After they have waited a while, they say again, “That joy and pleasure must be looked for. Perhaps I didn’t try hard enough. I will search again.” Then they look again, but still they cannot find their desire.

So they continue, until that time when Truth removes Its veil. Then they know. But God has certain servants who know even before the resurrection.

Resurrection of what? What is there that exists, always recorded above? YOU! The 'I' today is a child. YOU are much older, comprising all the lives (to be resurrected) that have lived. All lives given to All, or All in ALL. In other words, the life of all humanity collectively, given to each individuation. Never not you. Always with awareness of the whole. Fellowship. Echad and not Yachid.

Look those terms up.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Look those terms up.

Why? What do you think you or those words can do for me?
What are you looking for? Or what do you think I should be seeking?

Here's a great quote:
The only thing worth seeking is the cessation/end of seeking!

All those concepts (words) will never lead to the non conceptual - all words arise within the non conceptual.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You are not the walrus, you are Paul

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Look those terms up.

Here's a great quote:

All those concepts (words) will never lead to the non conceptual - all words arise within the non conceptual.

If emptiness is what you seek, I'm sure you will find it. Echad and not Yachid. Find the Hidden Zen from this clue.

The Zen you think you know is perhaps only one relative side. Seek the side that allows Bodhidharma to travel West. In all cases, the Way (East) and the TRUTH (West) must be made one to find LIFE. To get to the Father (Aleph Bet), one must travel through the WORD / TAO (Son of God). Don't be so sure what you have seen is all there is to see.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Seeing is only half. Enlightenment of the Field is only one tiny aspect of the whole territory. Just a hint at what comes beyond. Invariance and Translation of it are like light and matter. The Mystery was a worthless mystery to the watchers who had not arrived to the end from the Beginning.

3 "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth."

4 Say to them therefore: " You have no peace."'
ENOCH

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When I was a kid, a mate's dad had this on his wall. Its from the Road to Samarkand, By James Elroy Flecker.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further: it may be
Beyond the last blue mountain barred with snow,
Across that angry or that glimmering sea,
White on a throne or guarded in a cave
There lives a prophet who can understand
Why men were born: but surely we are brave,
Who take the Golden Road to Samarkand.

I have never been able to shake it off.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Look those terms up.

Here's a great quote:

If emptiness is what you seek, I'm sure you will find it. Echad and not Yachid. Find the Hidden Zen from this clue.

The Zen you think you know is perhaps only one relative side. Seek the side that allows Bodhidharma to travel West. In all cases, the Way (East) and the TRUTH (West) must be made one to find LIFE. To get to the Father (Aleph Bet), one must travel through the WORD / TAO (Son of God). Don't be so sure what you have seen is all there is to see.

No one is seeking anything - there isn't anyone! There is only ever what is happening. There is nothing other than what there is.
If there is seeking there then it must be realised that there is simply seeking - there is no one doing seeking. The absolute is appearing as seeking.
The father is what is seeing and knowing. The son is what is appearing. The father and son are not two. When words like 'father' and 'son' are used it may seem as if there are two separate things - but when the words 'seeing' and 'appearing' are realised to be inseparable it may make more sense.

edit on 11-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The last couple of pages of this thread made me fashion another one-liner.

Opinions aren't like posterior orifices; but they are the very essence of that which they produce.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Your 'thoughts' are not your friends!"

ur gonna give that poor kid paranoid schitsofrenia XD

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past
And look to the future, `cause life goes too fast, you know

Black Sabbath song lyric "hard road"

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"A hair, perhaps, divides the false from true,
yes, and a single alif were the clue
(could you but find it)
to the Treasure House, and peradventure,
to the Master, too"

Omar Khayyam

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Fall down seven times, get up eight 七転び八起き

Some Japanese dude .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"Before enlightenment
chop wood, draw water.
After enlightenment,
chop wood, draw water"

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: daniel2sxc
a reply to: namelesss

Your 'thoughts' are not your friends!"

ur gonna give that poor kid paranoid schitsofrenia XD

There was a debate, once, whether or not I should come with a warning label, and a disclaimer.
Hmmm, perhaps a tattoo? *__-

The problem is that the common state of (almost) all humans is schizophrenia!
(Schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One!)
We will be known (for a short while) as 'schizo-sapiens' for the last 135,000 years!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join