It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes that Change your Being - Share your Best

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Do something each day you would much rather not do so in the hour of dire need you will stand the test.

That one is true.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"Almost all is more than most." - me

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This too shall pass.

The best revenge is a life well lived.

I love you, I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

And the phrase from Lord of the Ring that is on my avatar.

Many others, far deeper and beautiful, from Gandhi, from I Ching, The Gita, Rumi, Blake, Emerson, Thoreau, Whitman, Yogananda, Ramakrishna, Ramana, Nisargadatta. There are a lot of lines from Finding Nemo that I find wonderful.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
"To be blessed, with the curse of self awareness and to live in the joy of paradox and mystery."

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
Quotes that Change your Being - Share your Best

Not anything can 'change my Being' (much less some egoic 'bumpersticker'), but something that I might whisper into my grandson's ear is;

"Never believe anything that you see!
Never believe anything that you hear!
Never believe anything that you touch/smell/taste!
And most importantly, never believe anything that you think!
Your 'thoughts' are not your friends!"

*__-

PS, just popped into my head;

"If you can 'fake it' well enough, you've already 'made it'! *__-

edit on 7-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
“Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.”

― Brendan Gill

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"Boy, puttin' that much milk and sugar into coffee, why don't you just go get a gotdam candy bar" - Sgt Philips

"You keep making that face, you're going to end up stuck like that" - Mom

"Everything you eat died to keep you alive, plant or animal. The best you can do is to try to be worthy of the sacrifice" - Sgt Mikami

"If we could send leg troops to do these missions, we wouldn't be sending YOU. We send YOU when no one else can do the job. So you can expect if you # up any of these jobs, something really bad is going to happen to someone else. For lack of intel you were supposed to collect, someone, perhaps many, will die. If you are tasked to train someone and they don't learn, not only will THEY die, but they will fail a task that will cause the deaths of others. If you get caught and expose your presence and you're not supposed to be there, other teams may be caught in the ensuing search, and the political fallout can damage your country in ways you can't imagine. If you miss an assigned target, they will go on to cause untold damage. The ramifications of job failure at this level are never trivial. You have enormous leverage. A total failure may cause a war, a total success may prevent one. And the failure or success of any mission may come down to YOU, personally. No pressure." - nameless LTC

"You're an engineer. I've got something to tell you that will totally change the way you look at physics and the development of technology since the late 30's. Come to dinner tonight. We'd like to have you in our group. Things aren't the way you think they are, that's all I'll say for now" - NSA recruiter

"Sign right here. You'll never regret it" - Army recruiter

"#, son, didn't you know? If you look under the pretty corporate cover, you can't tell where DIA ends and SAIC starts, they're the same group. Frankly, I don't know if DIA is the governmental wing of SAIC or SAIC is a civilian front for DIA" - project manager at the company formerly known as SAIC

"Mr Bedlam, you were told this was a contract job for [university science foundation]. On paper, that's true. But our foundation is actually a front for SOCOM, so that jobs can be done with no obvious military or governmental connection. This allows us to work freely in the Caribbean and Central American regions without resistance by the local governments" - Dr L.

"Catch!" - J. Beauchamp

"The first time's always the hardest. You do it a few more times, it won't bother you anymore. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse." - Dad

"The nature of human beings is that, when faced by something totally shocking and unexpected, they freeze for several seconds while processing the input several times. It is a totally dependable reaction that has been studied for decades. Therefore, if you need to gain an edge in a situation where you're outnumbered, do something totally unexpected, and you will have a handful of seconds to reduce the disadvantage. In this training series, you will learn how to capitalize on this reaction" - intro to the 'Batman' film series

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Life is truly a delicate balance, and If you're truly aware, you will see what resides in shadow and what hides from view just beneath the surface.

You don't have to speak loudly for your words to be effective.
The thunder doesn't grow the flowers. The rain does.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
'What we are looking for is what is looking.' Saint Francis of Assisi.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"Some of my best qualities come from the worst things that happened to me."

This was the first thing I could hear that I overheard from a conversation on a bus when the infection in my right ear finally started to clear up.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"Your past will affect your future if you dont deal with it in the present"
SecretKnowledge.

Make any sense?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here are a few of my fav spirtual quotes…

Adi Shankara

“An illness is not cured just by pronouncing the name of the medicine without drinking it, and you will not be liberated by just pronouncing the word God without direct experience.”

Allan Watts

“Waking up to who you are requires letting go of who you imagine yourself to be”

“We do not "come into" this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree. As the ocean "waves," the universe "peoples." Every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, a unique action of the total universe.”

Gangaji

“Revelation is beyond doctrines and belief systems. It is beyond everything imaginable. It is beyond because it is so close. Revelation is more direct than every word, for it arises out of the truth of who you are. This truth is all you have ever longed for, all you have ever needed.”

Jiddu Krishnamurti

“In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.”

Lao Tzu

“The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.”

“Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment”

Marcus Aurelius

“Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble up, if thou wilt ever dig.”

Meher Baba

“The real untouchables are those who will not enter the heart's temple and see the Lord within.”

Mooji

“All is perfection only. Perfection is everywhere to behold; But first you must have the eyes to see it. Only the one with perfect eyes can see Perfection. Think of yourself, And a subtle image is formed Inside the mind. You are not this nor any image or thought. You are the Silent and formless Awareness within which innumerable impressions appear and disappear without trace.”

Poonjaji

“Self is what gives breath to Life. You need not search for It, It is Here. You are That through which you would search. You are what you are looking for! And That is All it is.”

Ramana Maharshi

“The world does not exist without the body, the body never exists without the mind, the mind never exists without consciousness, and consciousness never exists without the Reality. For the wise one who has known Self by diving within himself, there is nothing other than Self to be known.”

Siddhartha Gautama “The Buddha”

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.”

”Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.”

“There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.”

Jesus

“The Kingdom of Heaven is within you”

“Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”

“Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them”

“On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you.”

- JC

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyPilkington
“Each of us is leading a difficult life, and when we meet people we are seeing only a tiny part of the thinnest veneer of their complex, troubled existences. To practice anything other than kindness towards them, to treat them in any way save generously, is to quietly deny their humanity.”

Love that quote, and will use it. Thank-you.

Just like that one: this one asks for our compassion and empathy.
It may seem rather dark, perhaps because it came to me in the depths of depression:

Within the heart of every person, is enough sadness, to make all of humanity, cry for eternity.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Posting first will read with delight after. Hope this doesn't come off as egotistical but all my quotes are exactly that, quoting me.

"When one has consciousness, corruption is no excuse for failure. The very fact that you are able to perceive a deficiency means you have the capability of changing it, and there for the obligation."

"If you feel guilty about what you've done or where you've been, does this not imply a seperation between the old you, and the new? There for a'll that is needed is the resolution to never go back there again, and the effort to enforce it."

"There is a fine line between genius and inanity, and in fact both come from the same exact place. This is why crazy people sometimes have genius ideas, and why genius can often appear crazy. The trick is recognizing inanity, not letting it control you but also not rejecting it either; and welcoming genius and pursuing it, while accepting it may never come"

Will post more as I think of them.

link   
Le sigh
edit on 7-3-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

link   
This is embarassing

link   
Holy crap quad post

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Lucid, you've inspired me to repeat a few of my own.

You're stupid only because you want to be.

Clocking in for someone else is not hard. Clocking in for yourself requires work.

Don't take your family for granted, spoiled #. Try not having one.

Love your neighbors as you love yourself. But if you masturbate, nevermind.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The double-post is a black cat retracing its stealthy steps.

edit on 3/7/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join