It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not the sharpest knife in the cupboard...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought it kicked into high gear with the "magic bullet"?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Seems to me like the paranoia is a significant historical ingredient of politics everywhere although I also believe it's at a high water mark in the 21st Century.

The OP has a point imo that folk don't really care enough and actively wallow in the partisan BS.

Anyone who is still frustrated with politicians manipulating the truth has yet to realize that that's the job description.

Statecraft and politics is conspiracy. At every level from the boardroom, to two politicians meeting to talk at a pub, the goal is always to manipulate events in one way or another to gain some advantage. The public is starting to realize this and it's why society is starting to fracture.

Once people begin to see how things really work, people are going to tear their country's apart in anger. The alt-right in the United States and the Britain First movement aren't about ideology. They are about disgust and scorched earth against everything that's seen as contemptuous in world geopolitics.

The anger and frustration I suspect is only going to increase once the average joe learns the tactics of professional diplomats. Yes Minister had a nice skit about why Britain joined the European Union. The bit starts at 1 minute 20 seconds into the Youtube segment.

www.youtube.com...

The idea of getting people to collaborate, not for consensus, but to sow confusion and back-biting really does seem to have some truth to it. The United States "national debate" - a hilarious phrase - about black lives and national spying aren't so much debates as they are yelling matches that accomplish nothing. It is a good control mechanism. Let people burn themselves out fighting with each other in a manner that has no way to affect any actual change.

Once people realize they are being used and manipulated for other people's agendas, the anger and hostility will increase tenfold.

edit on 6-3-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Reduced even further, I wonder about the ancient changeover from the 'Big man' community leader? Most basic communities have, or had, a strong man in charge and they were exchanged for the politically-minded guy who had to be more manipulative to gain power. Maybe we've been in-fighting since the first City States came to dominate their regions?

Oh man, Yes, Minister makes me flinch sometimes with how coldly accurate it was. Westminster satirists make our politicians funny despite being the way it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

...Most basic communities have, or had, a strong man in charge and they were exchanged for the politically-minded guy who had to be more manipulative to gain power.

Only after the priest class was established with attendant hierarchies, according to my sources.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Here's the problem. Rightists and Leftists want everything 100% their way. Not only will 100% their way not work, 100% their way can't even rationally be done. However, you can't explain that to a partisan of either side.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
It is funny that you mention this because I was talking to my nephew about his selfish behavior. He like most 11 year olds thinks that the world is all about him and making him happy.

It didn't take long with me treating him as a Lord, agreeing and doting on everything he said, and asking his permission for everything, that he became uncomfortable and unhappy. When he was put in charge of having to make important decisions he quickly fell back on, "Don't ask me, I am just a kid!".

There is nothing more maddening than to have everything 100% your way. That means that you are 100 responsible for everything, and few people really want to take on that burden.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

...Most basic communities have, or had, a strong man in charge and they were exchanged for the politically-minded guy who had to be more manipulative to gain power.

Only after the priest class was established with attendant hierarchies, according to my sources.

Is there a difference? Same old BS in fancier costumes.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hence the cries for "bipartisanship."

Haven't you noticed that? When one party has power they want to make everything bipartisan. What that really means is that they want the other party to make some token votes on it so that they can plausibly blame them when it goes wrong.

This is why Obamacare is such a snafu. Democrats still blame Republicans for it even though none were allowed anywhere near the process in the usual bipartisan fashion and that's where the whole song and dance started to really break down this time.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

RE: "Only after the priest class was established with attendant hierarchies, according to my sources."

Is there a difference? Same old BS in fancier costumes.

Exactly. But there are other societal structures you know. ...You don't? Guess they skipped those bits in your educational system too.

Oh well. Back to the lord of the flies scenario.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join