It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not the sharpest knife in the cupboard...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was not sure where to put it, but since I will sorta be throwing stones at both sides I figured this is where it would end up.

But I am sitting here reading (and at times being part of the bickering) over which sides official narrative is correct...

Are we not supposed to be the awake people, the more aware of the seedy under belly of world politics...

yet just like the rest of the populace we have chosen are side and we are digging in to defend it.

As a conspiracy theorist I feel part of what sets us a part from those that never question is a willingness to read between the lines to dig a little deeper and try to ascertain the truth of the matter.

But I see both left and right accepting the official narrative from their side.... why???

Why have we stopped questioning?

Why have we stopped digging?

how did the awake crowd get bamboozled into falling for the official stance?

I do not know what is right or wrong with American politics, but what I feel is that there is something coming... I am not certain what... just the entire theater seems entirely to blatant, to in your face for people to not pause and go... that just does not seem right to me.

Maybe my paranoia has gotten worse, or maybe agenda 21 is in the final stages I do not know, but I do think ATS needs to return to digging for the truth, and trying to piece things together (no matter the mystery) or we will die on the vine.

I think that is enough of a ramble, time for some Jamesons Black barrel whiskey and to try and accomplish my homework, I hope my poor articulation made some sort of sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It happened when conspiracy theories were politicized. The right wing media did this. So blame them.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It happened when conspiracy theories were politicized. The right wing media did this. So blame them.

That's a bold statement to make considering one of the first media spread politicized conspiracy theories was Hillary Clinton's "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" BS, followed not long after by media driven conspiracy theories against the Bush election, 911, the war in Iraq, Scooter Libby and Valerie Plame... CT was politicized long before there even was such a thing as "Right Wing Media."

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Except the right wing media politicized conspiracy theories starting in the 90's with their smear tactics against the Clintons. Not that the left hasn't been known to partake in it (like during the Bush years), but Rush Limbaugh and conservative talk radio saw the dawn of the modern political era where conspiracy theories are mainstream political discussions.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I thought that happened when Reagan was suggested to have struck a deal with the Iranians to hold the hostages until after the elections?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Agreed,

The real war in this Country is against the MSM.

The have us divided and they throw red meat to their sides.

24 Hour news is slow walking us to our next Civil War.

Hate = Dollars

Media should have standards. They do not.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I thought that happened when Reagan was suggested to have struck a deal with the Iranians to hold the hostages until after the elections?

The Iran-Contra affair actually happened though. It wasn't some wild CT that was speculated on across many elections with no definitive answers or evidence proving it true.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Agreed,

The real war in this Country is against the MSM.

The have us divided and they throw red meat to their sides.

24 Hour news is slow walking us to our next Civil War.

Hate = Dollars

Media should have standards. They do not.

Plus, all that shiny new military hardware that Trump wants, you know the old stuff is going to law enforcement.....

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

...but I do think ATS needs to return to digging for the truth, and trying to piece things together (no matter the mystery)...

digging for the Truth....

what source or pile of data is not already compromised/politicized/editorialized or else reduced to a sound-byte that is ketchy....

nothing is unspoiled, Its' all manipulated or else leveraged.... I guess that is the source of 'truth' the act & art of dissecting the 'news' itself...

--> all this hoopla with the derelect Progressives of the former Administration trying to extend their power and lifetime of relevancy at the cost of destroying the newest-Election-Cycle Presidential Administration... I don't think the Obama/MB/zealots are worth keeping around

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

For my own part I realized the significance of this:

"Democracy is the worst form of government apart from all the others that have been tried".

Sir Winston Churchill said that and I know this is the best we are gonna do for the time being. No man or woman can be our Saviour and our imperfection is in line with evolution that even after millions of years is still fervently looking for answers to do what it does better without any mistakes; it and we are a long way short of that impossibility.

I realized that people were out to play me big time. Anti Semites would try and bamboozle me with fake facts that the Holocaust never happened and that the Rothschilds are evil, that the elites are lizards, Nibiru was coming to bash into us, etc. Everyone was selling their miracle potions like snake oil salesmen.

I never believed any of them. Yes, we have to maintain our skepticism as a survival skill. We have to question what is happening around us. People make lots of money deceiving us, manipulating us, convincing us. They can gain access to our being and control us like robots for their cause even.

I will always defend and advocate the healthiness of questioning and looking at what is before us from as many points of view as possible. We will surely make a better quality reality for ourselves and a better world where deceit is alienated to the point of extinction if we are all detectives with BS detectors and we can share our discoveries of all the mind malware that effects the human race. We might be able to end corruption where highly civilized fairness reigns supreme if we develop savvy enough to distinguish who, what and why. So, don't worry, the precious conspiracy theorizing has a healthy and long term place in the scheme of modern civilization and democracy where we value freedom.

Democracy is all we have to distribute power. Power is real and it must be answered by healthy and civilized structures of representation. It must be protected at all costs. People will attack it at every turn who can't play the game of it's not all about me and what I want and how I think things should be because I am right and they are wrong.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Have you read Hofstadter's The Paranoid Style in American Politics? It was published in 1964 and is evidence enough that nothing is new here.

In the history of the United States one finds it, for example, in the anti-Masonic movement, the nativist and anti-Catholic movement, in certain spokesmen of abolitionism who regarded the United States as being in the grip of a slaveholders’ conspiracy, in many alarmists about the Mormons, in some Greenback and Populist writers who constructed a great conspiracy of international bankers, in the exposure of a munitions makers’ conspiracy of World War I, in the popular left-wing press, in the contemporary American right wing, and on both sides of the race controversy today, among White Citizens’ Councils and Black Muslims.

Hofstadter recognised the utility of the 'paranoid style' in popular politics and didn't place all the responsibility on either side. Sections could have been printed today and nobody would think it was 60 years ago.

Seems to me like the paranoia is a significant historical ingredient of politics everywhere although I also believe it's at a high water mark in the 21st Century.

The OP has a point imo that folk don't really care enough and actively wallow in the partisan BS.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't see a Right Vs. Left paradigm as much as a Libertarian Vs. Authoritarian paradigm. To me both sides are capable of being on either side of that paradigm on any particular issue. In the end all that matters to me is personal liberty.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What annoys me is that many who make this observation tend to lump even the people who are arguing with the partisans as equally partisan.

The thing is that while yes paranoia has reared its head as a political viewpoint in the past, the conspiracy theory angle is really new. It's something that traditional media would have been able to clamp down on in the past, but the talk radio circuit really exploded at the dawn of the internet. THAT is what really exacerbated the situation. It still wasn't obvious back in the 90's, but it was growing.

The Bush years were kind of a test run with the 9/11 stuff, but CT's were still mostly fringe stuff. It wasn't until Obama took office that conspiracy theories really pushed to the mainstream of political discourse from a certain side. That's why we heard about the birther issue for 8 years straight, for instance.

One more thing. Keep in mind that it was a Fox affiliate that sued to be able to distribute fake news. I remember a time on ATS where Fox News was considered a taboo source because of that fact. Now it's rarely mentioned in favor of just blanket labeling CNN fake news with no evidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This isn't a right vs left issue, though that's what we're being taught to believe. This is an establishment vs the people issue. But we've (left, right and center) been programmed to think it's "us vs them." It's more of a distraction than anything else, and if we think critically, and if we question, and if we work together and forget the tribalism BS, we may find the truth however well hidden they think it might be.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

This isn't a right vs left issue, though that's what we're being taught to believe. This is an establishment vs the people issue. But we've (left, right and center) been programmed to think it's "us vs them." It's more of a distraction than anything else, and if we think critically, and if we question, and if we work together and forget the tribalism BS, we may find the truth however well hidden they think it might be.

BS. The right is currently the mainstream and is STILL shoveling out conspiracy theories left and right like they are still alternative media. It's like they haven't realized how weird it sounds to pitch conspiracy theories that are backed by the government.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The problem is the way the "official" stance changes in the press with the times. The so-called sources of record have waffled back and forth in as little as a year on this whole FISA song and dance. Did they or didn't they? It depends on whether or not you are reading articles from January through October or these past several days.

And I really hate the press. They're unreliable in how they report and what they report and what they tell us it means.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I was making a broad point and not pointing fingers

Not all Liberals are whiny-ass 'SJWs' and not all Republicans are racists. Neither side are 'Nazis' despite uber-partisans repeating the slurs.

The conspiracy angle isn't new. It's old as dirt. Check out a guy called Titus Oates who caused madness with a hoax plot by the Catholics in 17th Century Britain and Europe. Back then the media was controlled by suppression, jail terms and heavy taxes.

The paranoia thing taps into large populations and is like a play book for popularity and, later on, votes.

Even when we're arguing about media bias, most people don't appreciate the market forces at work. The old media barons were in personal competition with each other and they loved to make money and gain influence. They support whoever stands to help their businesses succeed and that's a conspiracy in itself.

Sadly, it's the shortest point from A to B to wind up people with false enemies and fake unity - you with us or against us? It's old because it works and we fall for it all the time.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No doubt, the press changes direction faster than the wind...

But we have to acknowledge that we have been influenced by the engineering taking place, otherwise why has this place gone from a respectful exchange of ideas, to vitriol flung 24-7.

I do not know how to fix it, but I feel the first step is admitting we got duped, we fell for it hook line and sinker... maybe if the members preform a little introspection they can admit that and start back to what brought us all here in the first place.

heck I came here because of something I saw in the sky that my 18+years of USAF service could not explain and I spent the entire time on the flight line or flying... and I saw something that to this day I have no other description other explanation other than a glitch in the matrix.

I do not know if a coup got trump into office or if the deep state is working on a coup to oust trump, or if we are in the opening stages of Idiocracy...but I do believe that if we stop with the useless vitriolic attacks and folks on the hinkey things we are all seeing maybe we can become aware of what is in the works.

Or maybe I am just a goofy naive guy that should focus more on his career...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I was making a broad point and not pointing fingers

Don't worry I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything.

Not all Liberals are whiny-ass 'SJWs' and not all Republicans are racists. Neither side are 'Nazis' despite uber-partisans repeating the slurs.

The conspiracy angle isn't new. It's old as dirt. Check out a guy called Titus Oates who caused madness with a hoax plot by the Catholics in 17th Century Britain and Europe. Back then the media was controlled by suppression, jail terms and heavy taxes.

I know that hte idea of CT's dates back forever, but the big difference I'm getting at with today is that today they've been weaponized as political tools to beat the opposition with and discredit them. It is easier to trip a politician up and put them on defensive by accusing them of a wild CT instead of attacking their policies. Trump proved that more than anything else.

The paranoia thing taps into large populations and is like a play book for popularity and, later on, votes.

Even when we're arguing about media bias, most people don't appreciate the market forces at work. The old media barons were in personal competition with each other and they loved to make money and gain influence. They support whoever stands to help their businesses succeed and that's a conspiracy in itself.

Sadly, it's the shortest point from A to B to wind up people with false enemies and fake unity - you with us or against us? It's old because it works and we fall for it all the time.

I do agree. There are tactics at play that are being dusted off and repurposed today. That is definitely undeniable.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

We were warned.

At least us old folk were told it was coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join