It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TalkTalk 'Indian scam call centre' as reported by BBC News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Inside the TalkTalk 'Indian scam call centre'

TalkTalk customers are being targeted by an industrial-scale fraud network in India, according to whistleblowers who say they were among hundreds of staff hired to scam customers of the British telecoms giant. The scale of the criminal operation has been detailed by the three sources, who say they were employed by two front-companies set up by a gang of professional fraudsters.

Whole scam centres are operating employing people on cheap labour who are only half aware of the scam they are taking part in. It is exploitation of those people and us in the West. The perps are like something out of a Charles Dickens novel - got to pick a pocket or two boys - lol.

I am one of the people who have been hassled by these Indian yobs since 2014. Luckily I changed my surname around the time the breech of data happened so none of the details they have on me match and I am street wise about scams.

Thousands of people, however, are not and have been conned. I must have had hundreds of phone calls, at weekends even at 8am in the morning, trying to catch me when I am not even properly awake. The swearing fits and verbal abuse I gave them down the phone never seemed to deter.

Indian authorities need to take out these scam centres. They are a crime against the West. The perpetrators need to be behind bars for this and Talk Talk need a good TALK TALKING to about looking after customer confidentiality; shoddy outfit.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
But But....These people with Indian Accents want to lend me money for my business and they also want to give me Windows Technical support. They also want to sell me supplementary health insurance to go along with my medicare.

What will I do without them? I guess I won't have to screen my calls if they stop calling. Telling them I do not need their services doesn't work, telling them to take me off their list doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I rarely get nuisance calls but whenever I do I always take advantage and engage them in conversation like an old friend without letting them steer the conversation their way.
They have to stay polite and I'm sure they aren't allowed to hang up but I swear I heard one bloke gagging one time I was talking about some twisted demonic stuff.

I hope they have nightmares.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The importance of punctuation, "got to pick a pocket or two boys." I'll take the pocket, instead of two boys.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Revolution9

The importance of punctuation, "got to pick a pocket or two boys." I'll take the pocket, instead of two boys.

Okay, you got me on that. I ain't editing. Your laugh is not denied.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Indian Windows Scammer Prank

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If scum like this call u just wast a lot of there time let someone under the influence talk to them let ur kids get out some of there prank calls
Make them listen to u taking a poop ... just make shure u keep them on the phone wasting as much resorces as u can they will stop calling in short order

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Classic. Thanks for the laugh. Their asses got owned that time for sure!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

the best way to answer when they ask for the first line of your address is say that you do not give personal information out over the telephone , and since they rang you they should already have it . They can not carry on with their sales pitch unless you cooperate .

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I get so many calls that I've learned Hindi curse phrases. You can hear their jaws dropping when use them.

Or I simply say "Tu Scammer Hey", which basically means that I know it's a scam.

I've also learned how to keep them on the phone in order to waste their time. They hate that.

Here's a good youtube scam baiter named The Hoax Hotel. He's a genius.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

I'd get so many calls (Indian scammers and 'normal' telemarketers) I finally remembered that old "You Stole My Newspaper" soundboard. SO one night I started calling back the "Windows Technical Dept." raising hell with it and some other ones.

I had created such an ordeal that night a manager started calling me back from a local area code number (spoofed number) talk snip and threatening me!

Then I somehow managed to catch on to the "victim soundboards" (soundboards made from recordings of people who had been prank called by other soundboards)[they're hosted in the regular soundboard sites, but you wont see them listed you have to know the name and google your way in to find them) and it became my daily sport harassing them when they'd call. I had installed Opera browser, and had a whole list of them always opened up at the ready. Opera was dedicated to this function.

Eventually the Indian scammers, and all the other telemarketers took me off all the lists and rarely ever called anymore and it made me sad. LOL! I even contemplated getting in touch with the old student loan bastards so I'd get my daily laugh back.

Here goes some "victim board" names:
Chinaman
Rick the Mulletman
Irate Black Man
Tiesha
Angry Jamaican
Drunk Al

There's a whole scene. Play any of those in Youtube and you'll see other 'victims' names in the sidebar.

edit on 6-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I swear we'd be friends in real life.

I listen the soundboards on youtube and downloaded them. They really are a great scam baiting tool.

I'm working my way up to a Virtual Machine, skype combo to use against the tech scammers. I'm just not all that sure how to do it.

My favorite soundboard is Springfield Pervert. I go around the house saying those phrases to my dog. I am a sick man, I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Can't go into too much detail about where, but I work for a large American big box retailer and tonight my store was hit by one of these scam centers. The guy convinced my team member to essentially hand over $24,000 worth of visa gift cards over the phone.

Now I'm officially pissed.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But But....These people with Indian Accents want to lend me money for my business and they also want to give me Windows Technical support. They also want to sell me supplementary health insurance to go along with my medicare.

What will I do without them? I guess I won't have to screen my calls if they stop calling. Telling them I do not need their services doesn't work, telling them to take me off their list doesn't work.

Next time try telling them that; "I am required to inform you that this call is being monitored by federal police agencies (and they haven't been fed in weeks)!"
Watch how fast they run! *__-

top topics

join