It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Human" Spectrum: Animal v Person

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
Hello nameless:
I happen to see the ideas and concepts you are representing here as a gross oversimplification of a very complicated situation. Specifically:

Perhaps you 'value' your own species as more valuable than another, or less valuable than another? There are many here who wouldn't think twice about committing a genocide to save a child..., or themselves! All 'value' exists in the eye (thoughts/ego) of the beholder!

You see, most female animals who give birth to live progeny would do almost anything, if not anything, to save them. This is part of why life exists in such various forms and species throughout the animal kingdom, or even part of why life exists at all. Has almost nothing to do with ego, but quite a lot to do with biology and innate instincts which are inborn and carried over in healthy species breeding. It is not a value judgement on the part of a mother to care for her young, in any of the ways she must do this to ensure they survive. Nor is it egotistical of her. This is as natural as nature can be.

I am wondering whom you have seen do this and create a genocide, and certainly purposefully....

The second point I would disagree with you about is that ego and thought are the same, and both bad things. I may be left scratching my head over this particular philosophy for quite some time. Ego is essential in order to discern where you and someone else are separate people. Such simple boundaries are quite important to mental health and healthy relationships with others.....

And certainly, I hope thinking never dies. We have many innate instincts that are provoked in circumstances where acting on them would hurt others and not be appropriate. The reason it doesn't happen with everyone, all the time, is because of thinking, reasoning.

Regards,
tetra

edit on 7-3-2017 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

You see, most female animals who give birth to live progeny would do almost anything, if not anything, to save them.

Precisely, and without a doubt (provided they have typical mentality, which some do not).

It is not a value judgement on the part of a mother to care for her young, in any of the ways she must do this to ensure they survive. Nor is it egotistical of her. This is as natural as nature can be.

Yes. Her own offspring, she will defend to the death.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Those with an infinity for animals do not need to justify a thing.

Animals sense it ... it is a privelage.

Those that kill for sport need to spend more time learning about humility and contemplating their real place in todays world.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Timely because: Spelling atrocity ...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join