It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POW. Robotics and Automation Get the Project Built

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ordinary consumers see little of what’s technologically possible. Maybe the tip of the tip of the iceberg. Sometimes what’s happening is top secret. Often the holdups are about playing out the market on a trend before the next one is introduced - controlling obsolescense to protect investments. Other times there’s no money to go ahead.

One project I’m happy to see coming back is David Fisher’s dynamic skyscraper. First announced in 2007, the project stalled after the 2008 crash. But Fisher’s company, the Dynamic Architecture Group, now says it’s being built in Dubai as the Dynamic Tower Hotel, slated to open in 2020.

Using robotics and 3-D to cut costs and build time, construction will use only 90 humans on site, compared to the usual 2,000.

The building is constructed around a central core; each floor is composed of individual pie-like sections that are pre-built and hoisted up the central core. The builder claims that rotating skyscrapers can be constructed by just ninety people on the construction site; compare this to the typical skyscraper construction site, which may have up to 2,000 workers at a time.

Dynamic’s concepts are all about creating buildings that move. In this one, each floor of the building rotates 360 degrees, independently. And there’s more! But without further ado, here it is. [And don’t miss the pics at “Towers of Tomorrow” (last link).]

Dubai Rotating Skyscraper to Send Heads Spinning

…The Emirati city is to become home to an incredible rotating skyscraper called the Dynamic Tower Hotel, according to a recent announcement by an organisation called Dynamic Architecture Group.

According to the company, the 80-storey building is due to open in 2020 and will be sectioned of into individual levels, all able to complete a 360 degree rotation.

Floor to ceiling glass windows will ensure guests can take advantage of the view, and even opens up the possibility of watching both the sunset and sunrise in the same room on the same day.

In a bid to be energy efficient, the building will also boast wind turbines between each floor and solar panels on the roof.

Also interesting:

Twisting Shanghai Tower declared world's best new skyscraper

And this - conceptualized in 1949, it never did get built.

More…

Towers of Tomorrow

edit on 6/3/17 by soficrow because: add para and link

edit on 6/3/17 by soficrow because: title

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

And this - conceptualized in 1949, it never did get built.

Thankfully it never got built.

If I were the users of those building under the roof, I'd be a little pissed-off that the roof was blocking my daylight/sunlight during much of the day.

edit on 2017-3-6 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

No kidding, huh?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Also see:

POW. Robotics and 3-D Taking Over the Building Industry?

NOTE: No, I do not advocate Ludditism. I accept reality and have no intention of banging my head against the proverbial but updated titanium wall. In fact, I'm looking forward to the benefits of automation in my life. However, I do favor the UBI solution, aka Social Security for All, as a realistic way to deal with the massive unemployment on the horizon due to the rise of automation.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Using robotics and 3-D to cut costs and build time, construction will use only 90 humans on site, compared to the usual 2,000.

While I do not believe it will only take 90 guys onsite, you still have the same 2000 working on the project, just offsite.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

While I do not believe it will only take 90 guys onsite, you still have the same 2000 working on the project, just offsite.

You wish.

Things ARE changing. And as a society, we are facing massive unemployment in every sector. Time to pull up your big boy pants and face reality.

new topics

top topics

join