It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This case has been discussed on ATS years ago. Before I joined. I had read about it prior to joining and wanted to share it. I saw it was already discussed so I did not.

Now years later I thought of revisiting it again, googled the case and found what I thought was "new info"....upon further search of ATS I find my new info is only new to me.

Be that as it may I would like to revisit this mysterious case.

Emanuela Orlandi was a 15 year old daughter of a Vatican bank employee living in Vatican City. On June 22, 1983 she had attended her flute lesson and spoke of a meeting for a job interview selling Avon. She was seen getting into a green BMW after the lesson and never seen again.

So while Tragic and mysterious it would almost seem as just another kidnapping and probable death of a teenage girl. (sorry to put it that way)
But now is where it gets weird.

On Saturday, 25 June, a phone call was received from a youth who claimed to be a 16-year-old boy named "Pierluigi". He reported that together with his fiancée, he had met the missing girl in Piazza Navona that afternoon. The young man mentioned Emanuela’s flute, her hair, and the glasses that the girl did not like to wear, along with other details that fit the missing girl. According to "Pierluigi", Emanuela had just had a haircut and had introduced herself as "Barbarella". He claimed she stated that she had just run away from home and was selling Avon products.

On 28 June, a man calling himself "Mario" called the family and claimed to own a bar near Ponte Vittorio, between the Vatican and the Music School. The man said that a girl called "Barbara", a new customer, had confided to him about being a fugitive from home but said that she would return home for her sister's wedding. On 30 June, Rome was plastered with 3,000 posters containing Emanuela Orlandi's photograph.

If the posters were not put up until the 30th, How would these two people know of her disappearance and know who to call 2-5 days earlier? It is possible news reports were out but knowing to contact the family directly?

More oddness followed...

On Sunday, 3 July, Pope John Paul II, during the Angelus, appealed to those responsible for Emanuela Orlandi’s disappearance, making the hypothesis of kidnapping official for the first time.... In itself not too odd as they lived in Vatican City and her father was an employee of the Vatican Two days later, the Orlandi family received the first of a number of anonymous phone calls. Emanuela was supposedly the prisoner of a terrorist group demanding the release of Mehmet Ali Ağca, the Turkish man who shot the Pope in Saint Peter's Square on 13 May 1981.

Now maybe it is just me but If I wanted the release of somebody who tried to kill the Pope, I might consider nabbing somebody a little more of importance politically than a random 15 year old girl.

In the following days, other calls were received, including one from a man identified as "The American", due to his apparent accent, who played a recording of Emanuela's voice over the phone. A few hours later, in another phone call to the Vatican, the same man suggested an exchange, of Orlandi for Alì Ağca.The anonymous interlocutor mentioned the "Mario" and "Pierluigi" of the earlier telephone calls, defining them as "members of the organization".

most of this from
en.wikipedia.org...

That is not where the oddness ends, There are many other theories on many internet pages such as :

Emanuela Orlandi 'was kidnapped for sex parties for Vatican police'
www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />

In 2011, the former Banda della Magliana member Antonio Mancini implied that Orlandi's kidnapping was one of a number of strikes that the gang was making against the Vatican in order to force the restitution of large amounts of money they had lent to the Vatican Bank through Roberto Calvi's Banco Ambrosiano.
en.wikipedia.org...

Calvi was later found hanged under a bridge

It was claimed that The alleged mastermind behind the kidnapping of Miss Orlandi was Enrico "Renatino" De Pedis, the leader of the Magliana gang, Rome's most ruthless criminal group. He was shot dead by rival gangsters in a street in central Rome in February, 1990, and his body interred in the crypt in Basilica of Sant'Apollinare, a Vatican-owned church near Piazza Navona.

Now there are several questions and theories as to why a ruthless crime boss would be interred in a Vatican cemetery and then In 2005, an anonymous caller to the Italian equivalent of the BBC's Crimewatch program suggested that investigators hoping to solve the mystery of the teenager's disappearance should open the crypt.

Italian Police Open a Mobster’s Vatican-Owned Tomb in Search of a Missing Girl
www.thedailybeast.com...

Rumors that the young girl was buried alongside the mobster have haunted the Vatican for the last decade. The church is adjacent to a pontifical academy run by Opus Dei,

When the police opened the tomb, they got much more than they bargained for. In the far corners of the crypt were dozens of boxes of human remains.

So that was 5 years ago, My recent search (google search lol) into this showed no answers to whose bones were found. So the mystery continues. Yes it has been posted before but maybe not everybody has heard of this story and we all like a good mystery. So sad about Emanuela though. But if you read it seems she may also be living in a Muslim community today...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
z10.invisionfree.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My first thought is that Emanuela orchestrated this herself in the beginning. Then when news got out about her disappearance, when she was sighted, she was kidnapped. It is easy to kidnap a bold runaway. She was originally used as a sex slave, but then after her time ran out, she simply became a slave and stayed with her new family. If she is still alive, we will hear from her again. If not, then look into Turkish sex slave circles. She will be found in the midst.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Its a grimly fascinating episode in the very deep and dark Calvi/P2 affair, that you alluded to, in my opinion. I think we stand very little chance of ever getting the full story.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

There does seem to be some speculation that she is still alive. And with all the breaking news of high ranking officials tied to sex parties that line is very plausible too.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Yes it is oddly fascinating. The Mobster De Pedis, the banker Calvi and also ties to Archbishop Paul Marcinkus

Archbishop Marcinkus's reputation suffered markedly in 1982 when he was indicted as an accessory in the multibillion-dollar financial collapse of Banco Ambrosiano, once the largest private bank in Italy and an institution with close ties to the Vatican.

He was an American and I cannot find the link other than the one above, but was tied to requestting counterfit funds or something of the sort and resigned

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

There does seem to be some speculation that she is still alive. And with all the breaking news of high ranking officials tied to sex parties that line is very plausible too.

Funding was channelled from the Vatican Bank into all sorts of surprising ventures including the Polish Solidarity Union Movement (a cause very close to the heart of Polish Pope John Paul 2) ,Arms to Argentina that were used in the Falklands War. It has even been suggested that the Death of John Paul 1 was deliberately carried out to deflect investigations.

A senior investigator of the whole affair said that if the entire truth came out it would have started a third world war, and it damn nearly did. Maybe it still would hence the continuing obfuscation and coverups.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

There is so much conspiracy and corruption around the Vatican, we will probably never know what happen. Great story, need more of these.. Thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What the elites, and the Vatican workers would never have an all night pedophile, drug, torture party. They love us plebs.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Great story, need more of these.. Thanks for posting

No thank you for your recent posts, and at one point in one I mentioned wanting to post this and you encouraged me to do so.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingdutchman2112

What the elites, and the Vatican workers would never have an all night pedophile, drug, torture party. They love us plebs.

Nobody mentioned torture did they? get your mind out of the gutter lol....

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

My first thought is that Emanuela orchestrated this herself in the beginning.

Did you think this just upon reading this or have you had that thought for years? it is an case. Because lets say she does want to run away... she lives in a very small country. She runs away into the hands of a procurer of cute young girls???

Perhaps used at the sex party by the mafia boss who buys her and takes her home to blackmail the vatican bank???

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

My first thought is that Emanuela orchestrated this herself in the beginning.

Did you think this just upon reading this or have you had that thought for years? it is an case. Because lets say she does want to run away... she lives in a very small country. She runs away into the hands of a procurer of cute young girls???

Perhaps used at the sex party by the mafia boss who buys her and takes her home to blackmail the vatican bank???

It simply seemed immediately obvious. I've never heard about this until last night/this morning.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading somewhere, that the Vatican Bank used to be used for money laundering, political exchanges, and all sorts of underhanded dealings.

If her father was tied up in any of this, it would make sense that his daughter would become a target,

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It simply seemed immediately obvious. I've never heard about this until last night/this morning.

Ok, but then why would the Mafiosa boss be buried in the Vatican cemetery? with other bones?

Now if you think that is totally unrelated I understand.

She would not have have been the first teenage girl to run away. And to pick up a runaway may be easy.

But how do you reckon the boy at the pizza joint knew her families number? Well she must have given it to him... More credence to you... The posters had not been posted

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I seem to remember reading somewhere, that the Vatican Bank used to be used for money laundering, political exchanges, and all sorts of underhanded dealings.

You are right. I could not find the link today, but the American Archbishop I mentioned earlier was involved. I found a link that mentioned him but I remember seeing a story of asking for 750 million in counterfit bonds....

So yeah, the banker the mafiosa and the some in the Vatican bank were all in cahoots

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Orlandi was first used as a pawn by the Vatican and the Knights of Malta for their crusading activities against Israel. When the girl discuvered these criminal connections of the Knights of Malta with the Muslim Brotherhood and MI6, they all ganged up to assassinate her before she could speak...

new topics

top topics

join