It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires four missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why should we get involved if Japan doesn't try to protect itself against incoming missiles. They have enough warning to do so.

Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan

Link

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

OK, thanks. Then I suppose we and Japan let the first Korean missile hit the Japan mainland, and then we retaliate. Little comfort to the hundreds, or thousands who lose relatives in that initial strike, but if that's our position, we just have to accept it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just spit balling here but I have heard time and time again that NK does not have the capacity to launch a nuke or that it would get intercepted before hitting it's target.

Now 200 miles off the coast of Japan and into what I guess is sovereign waters should be classed as a close call?, esp as I do not hear of any intercept?..

As stated above what is 200 miles to what is more than likely a ICBM, a matter of seconds??..

Also I am starting to think that sanctions really are not doing much, I found a video on YT that briefly explained about Room 39 and the KKG group and how they where able to bypass sanctions to get goods into the country.

I would also like to see a missile track that can confirm where these where fired from..

Thanks Zaphod for the info

RA

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

On the subject of N. Korea, I recently became aware that there were several American defectors to the hermit kingdom and the BBC did a documentary about them. I found it fascinating. The Americans became movie stars over there hahaa. Here's an article from the WaPost, and then there's the link to the documentary.
www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 6-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I just watched some segments in the video. You're right. It's fascinating how these two Americans became revered over there. I remember Kim Jung treating U.S. basketball star Dennis Rodman like a king when visiting N. Korea. Kim even shared one of his specially raised dogs with Rodman for dinner. I think they barbequed it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'd imagine just not quite dropping a missile into sovereign waters will be a test over a long distance to see the accuracy of the missile and they can see how much variance the guidance system has and thus tighten up the tech to allow for more accuracy.

Obviously the timing is very political just to remind the world that the NK's still exist.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Why do you think USA is putting anti ballistic missile systems as close to Russia as possible?? Not super long ranged.. I don't know what the public data is on ranges but let's call it 75 miles or so.. for Patriot missiles.. those are not the best anti ballistic missile of course.. I'm not knowledgeable on THAAD or Aegis but I am pretty damn sure those are there.. in the area.. at least South Korea.

Those who joke about North Korea are grossly misinformed. And I hope zaphod answers my previous question as it is quite important..
just because a us missile can reach Russia does not mean we can't put it 300 miles off our coast as well.. maybe you can figure out which missiles these were and their range somehow.. but you won't tell that from where they landed.. trajectory/speed maybe.. but distance means very little.. those could range well past Japan for all I know.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Posturing, haggling for political clout. South Korea is only 1 inch away and N. Korea have not bombed them...yet.

If N. Korea demonstrate an intercontinental capability then they will get more chips at the proverbial green topped table where gamblers play with all our lives.

Obviously the N. Koreans will reach their target quite literally. Despite Western sanctions Kim has pulled this off. I can picture him each time the missiles reach a bit further.

Commenting on more insanity. Mean while we are all killing ourselves with automobile fumes. What a chronic farce.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
What is North Korea seeking, a formal end to the Korean Conflict?
Why can't this be done?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Both sides have trust issues..

We all do as humans at this point having our ancestors as both aggressor and victim.

You only stop this by proving to your past that you have everyone's interests in your heart to the point of loving your estranged brothers and sisters.. and someone else has to trust that by the virtue of your fruits..

At this current moment it's too dangerous for either side to trust.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Firstly, 200 miles away is not sovereign waters. It may be within its economic zone for fishing but that is all.

Perhaps if the US had not split Korea in half at the end of WW2 this would not be a problem now!

If you force people into the mountains, taking away their food producing land then they will be very annoyed with you.

Sometimes you need to look at these world problems and understand them from both perspectives.

NK is annoyed with the US and its puppets and has very valid reasons for being annoyed.

The US has thousands of Nukes and gets mad at anyone else who wants the.

P

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Just finished that documentary.

Enlightening.

The main character telling basically all truth from his perspective, he shows how spies are born..

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You can eliminate certain missiles based on where it lands, which gives you a pretty good idea of what it was and the range involved.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

They intercept if it appears the missile is targeting their territory. It's pretty clear if a missile is going to hit land or water. If it's coming near land, you launch. If it's going towards the water, let it hit and learn what you can.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You can eliminate certain missiles based on where it lands, which gives you a pretty good idea of what it was and the range involved.

Are you implying you can calculate max range of these missiles?

Or

That it cannot be missiles with max range shorter than achieved?

In other words can you not use lighter rocket motors in the same missile? Or tell the missile to hit before it's max range?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

let it hit and learn what you can.

You can bet there are experts all over these launches learning everything they can .

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I smell a nuclear "accident" coming from North Korea in the near future... It would be a shame if one of their missiles "accidently" malfunctioned.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You can tell it to hit at any point within its range, but the fact that it traveled 1,000 kilometers eliminates everything with a shorter range. You can't make a missile with a range of 700 km travel 1,000, without totally redesigning it, at the least putting a bigger or massively more efficient engine into it. So that eliminates everything in their inventory that has a range of less than 1,000 km.

Once you eliminate the short range missiles, you have the Rodong, Taepodong-1 and -2, Hwasong-10, KN-08 and -14, and KN-11. The Taepodong-1 and -2 were demonstrators that were never deployed. The KN-08 and -14 haven't, currently been tested. The KN-11 has had one test flight, and traveled 500 km. The Hwasong-10 was just tested last year. So, it's either a longer range test of the KN-11, which is an SLBM, the Hwasong-10, or Rodong. The Rodong is the most common missile in their inventory with the range to reach that far, and they have the numbers of them for a test.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I smell a nuclear "accident" coming from North Korea in the near future... It would be a shame if one of their missiles "accidently" malfunctioned.

There is no solid evidence that I'm aware of that North Korea can put nukes inside of missile tips..

It's one thing to make a nuke.. the USA had to drop those from planes.. it's quite a giant leap to get those small enough to be carried by a rocket.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Thank you

I guess my main point is these missiles range AT LEAST to 200 miles off Japan.. not max.. at least that far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join