It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved: Murders

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Another dose of mystery for your/my fix.

The Jamison Family
Probably one of the most bizarre cases I've looked into and it has ATS sprinkled all over it.

A married couple and their 6 year old daughter pack up their truck and head up to the mountains, apparently to finalize a deal on some secluded property but they never return home. Their truck was discovered with their phones, wallets and ID, $32000 in cash and their malnourished dog barely alive still inside. It wasn't until 4 years later that their bodies would be discovered under mysterious circumstances.

All the theories range from hypothermia, murder-suicide, murder by family, drug deal gone wrong, case of "wrong place wrong time", murder by occult, witchcraft and even paranormal activity. You're just going to have to read it yourself.(And you should)

The Jamison Family

This is all strange enough on its own, but let’s consider this case’s possible link with yet even more strangeness. All of this has a certain spooky synchronicity with the phenomenon known as the “35th degree latitude,” or as some have dubbed it, “The Line of Tragedy.” It is along the 35th degree latitude that a whole string of brutal murders have occurred, including the shocking case of Andrea Pia Kennedy Yates, a Houston woman suffering from postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis who on June 20, 2001, murdered all five of her children by drowning them in a bathtub. Another famous murder that occurred along this line was the horrific murder of Pastor Carol Daniels, whose mutilated corpse was found propped up behind the church altar in a crucifix position, a murder that was widely believed to be tied to satanic activity. At the time is was such a sadistic and brutal crime that District Attorney Bret Burns and several law enforcement officers involved with the case said it was the most horrible crime they had ever seen. The 35th degree latitude was also where Timothy McVeigh carried out the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma, which killed 168 people and injured nearly 700 hundred others. Where did the Jamisons disappear? You guessed it, the 35th degree latitude

I chose to highlight this part because I've never heard of the 35th degree latitude, and if true, I think warrants it own separate investigation. There is also a theory floating around the internet that the town are all in on it, including the cops. Who knows..
•••

Blair Adams
This is a truly perplexing case. 31 year old Canadian Blair Adams was found beaten to death, naked from the waist down at a hotel parking lot in Knoxville. There was $4000 in cash from Canadian/American/German currency and a small packet with $2000 more scattered all around him. And that's not even the strange part.

On top of his sudden erratic behaviour, Blair claimed somebody was trying to kill him, which set him on a journey from British Columbia, all the way to Knoxville Tennessee, which ultimately led to his demise. Nothing he did makes sense at all.

Death of Blair Adams

Blair's strange behavior came to a head on Friday, July 5, 1996.  He withdrew his savings and emptied his safe deposit box of more than $6,000 in cash and thousands more in jewelry, gold, and platinum.  It was the first stop on his dead-end run to Tennessee. The next stop was the Canadian-American border. On Sunday, Blair tried to enter the United States. But as an unmarried young man carrying a large amount of cash, Blair fit the profile of a drug trafficker. He was refused entry. The next day Blair showed up at his job. But he wasn’t there to work. He asked his boss for his check and quit.

Blair’s erratic behavior continued. That afternoon, he spent $1,600 on a round trip airline ticket to Frankfurt, Germany. His flight would leave the following day, but just hours after buying the ticket, Blair was again desperate to get into the United States. He showed up at a friend’s house in a panic, terrified that someone was trying to kill him. But his friend was unable to take him over the border.

Then on Tuesday, instead of leaving for Germany, Blair turned in his tickets, rented a car, and headed back to the border. This time, he managed to slip through. He ended up in Seattle, where, according to Lieutenant Jones, he bought a one-way ticket to Washington D.C.:

“He paid about $770 for a one-way ticket when he could’ve purchased a round-trip ticket for approximately $350 or $400. So it would’ve been half the price for… a round-trip ticket as he paid for a one-way ticket. It just seemed very unusual.”

Blair arrived in D.C. early Wednesday morning and headed to Knoxville, more than 500 miles southwest. Perry Moyers, a detective for the Knox County Sheriff’s Department, was one of the many perplexed investigators working on the case:

“I mean why go to D.C. to turn around and come back to Knoxville? He had no reason to be in east Tennessee. He had no reason to be in Knoxville. He knew no one in east Tennessee or the eastern United States.”

Was he running away from somebody? Or was he trying to desperately meet up with somebody? The investigators concluded that he was imagining all this fear, but still somehow ended up murdered. Why didn't they take his money? Hmm..
•••

Hinterkaifeck Farm
This case is all kinds of # up. Imagine your murderer living in your attic for 6 months before killing you and your entire family and then living in your home for another week while you rotted? Yea..

Hinterkaifeck Farm Murders

The farm’s descent into true strangeness started when the maid suddenly quit her job and wished to leave immediately. When asked why she had so suddenly decided to abruptly leave, Maria explained that she had been hearing strange voices and other noises in and around the house, as well as the sound of disembodied footsteps emanating from the attic. The terror stricken maid had become convinced that the house was haunted and wished to stay there not a moment longer. She was reportedly white faced and emaciated when she said her final goodbyes. After her departure, the Gruebers chalked it up to the poor woman being simply mentally disturbed.

Six months later, things got more bizarre when in the middle of March, 1922, Andreas was surveying his property after a snowstorm and discovered odd footprints in the snow that originated in the thick surrounding forest and led right up to the house. Eerily, there were no footprints to be found that actually led back out to the woods. Andreas searched all around the property looking for any further sign of the mysterious tracks, but there were none. Alarmed that a potentially dangerous intruder could be hiding in his home, Andreas conducted a thorough search of the house, and even the barn and tool shed, but found no further footprints and no sign of an intruder.

This is probably the one and only case where you'd wish it was actually haunted. The details of this case are so vivid and if you have an imagination like I do.. good luck sleeping tonight if you live alone in a big house.
•••
edit on 5-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe the first case has been solved. If I remember right it was a business partner gone wrong. It wasn't the Jamison case, I'm thinking of another case, this one is definitely strange.
edit on 3 050905 1717 by WUNK22 because: Add content

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Has it been solved? I couldn't find anything online, only speculation.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Good "change of pace" topic

I like these mysteries !!

very

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Throwing mud all day got old real fast lol.

Thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have heard of the Hinterkaifeck case before, it is definitely interesting to say the least. It is one of those cases that IMO will remain unsolved and no one will know what truly happened their except for the family that was killed and the killer/killers. As for the other two cases I have never heard of them but there are a lot of interesting speculation about each. S&F to you sir, well done.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

yes, I have heard of the last case...bizarre. Glad to see these posts up.

I was looking today for a string of deaths in Tarrant county texas. All, to my memory were along I35 and probably a liekly killer. There was one person arrested in the area named McDuff but not for these killings. Can't find them on the internet as they were in the 60's..

Then there was a student that was killed in the parking lot of a local college in the 60's. In the mind 70's there were 3 young girls killed in the parking lot of a mall

Being a local, my husband bought a gun and tried to show me how to use it. There was a lot of concern but none of the murders were ever solved to my knowledge.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
knowledgehunter0986

Some more on the Blair Adams case that isn't mentioned in the above link:

Adams, 31, of Surrey, British Columbia, was the foreman of a family-based construction firm that worked in Canada and Germany. There was a history of mental illness in his family, and Adams had spent years battling alcohol and drug addictions.
But for a year, Adams had stayed on the wagon and insisted to friends he was happy with his job and his life. In early July, however, Adams told a friend he was feeling ``stressed out'' and depressed. He announced he was going to quit his job, but he refused to say why.

At the Canadian border, Adams, who was traveling by ferry from Vancouver Island, was labeled by border officials as a possible drug courier and was denied passage into the United States. Hours later, he tried again, this time on foot. Once again, he was not allowed to cross over. On his third attempt, Adams rented a car to cloak his identity and finally was allowed passage. He traveled to a Seattle airport and checked in for his flight to Germany. But he never boarded the plane.

After paying for his gas, Adams suddenly could not find the key to his rental car. He called for a wrecker driver, who towed the Camry to an East Knoxville body shop to see what, if anything, could be done to start the car without the key.
Adams left the car with the wrecker driver, who gave Adams a ride to a motel on Strawberry Plains Pike. After going in and out of the lobby five times, Adams finally rented a room. He gave the clerk $100 and left without getting nearly $50 in change.

These are from old newspaper articles supposedly. A bit more detailed account of what happened in his final hours and his past history with drug abuse. The toxicology report done after his death showed no drugs in his system at the time. It was suggested that the fact that his socks were turned inside out, and clothing removed could be a sign of someone searching for something more valuable than money.

His jeans, shoes and socks had been removed from his body, and his green duffel bag was missing. Yet hundreds of dollars in both U.S. and foreign currency was scattered around Adams' body, and the fanny pack containing Adams' gold was left untouched.

This information came from here

As I said, I wasn't able to trace the information back to the sited articles it was retrieved from. And I couldn't find any links to them in the posts on that page. So, take it all with a grain of salt. But, it does paint a bit clearer picture..

I love a good mystery! Thanks for writing this up!

blend57

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Thank you for putting these together. It was cases like this that drew me to ATS.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Fascinating.
I've never heard of the 35th latitude relating to tragedies. Is it just in the US these incidents take place or other countries, oceans?
edit on 5-3-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Hiroshima is close to this latitude as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The line of tragedy 35 parallel north

The 35th parallel north is a circle of latitude that is 35 degrees north of the Earth's equatorial plane. It crosses Africa, the Mediterranean Sea, Asia, the Pacific Ocean, North America and the Atlantic Ocean.

In the United States, the parallel defines the southern border of Tennessee, and the border between North Carolina and Georgia.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I believe the first case has been solved. If I remember right it was a business partner gone wrong. It wasn't the Jamison case, I'm thinking of another case, this one is definitely strange.

I think you are referring to the McStay family disappearance.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That Hinterkaifeck story creeps the hell out of me. The precision of the murders reminds me of a modern day massacre that is too clean. Like the gunman who strolls through a club and lands every round a headshot.

Except with a frigging pickaxe, of all things.

Add the fact that the long-pig miner was an uninvited long term lodger. That's pretty scary.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

i love hearing about these unsolved cases

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Those are all very interesting, great finds!

I am originally from East TN and it is interesting to hear about this young man who traveled there only to find his demise. It seems as though his paranoia was correct, doesn't seem like a coincidence he ended up murdered. I wonder if anyone could find out if he was involved in something unsavory, some kind of cult, gambling debt, something criminal that was way under the radar. Why would anyone murder someone and not take thousands of dollars laying about to boot? Someone must have been after him, trust me, in that area of TN if you are murdered, you're going to be robbed as well. The bad guys there are mostly involved in drugs, meth to be precise. Where he was found on Strawberry Plains Pike to hitch a ride, that's just one exit away from the biggest drug trafficking area in Tennessee. I always herd that it was one of the biggest drug trafficking crossroads in the country. So that leads me to believe he had crossed the wrong boss.

The Jamison Family, man on man. If you read the article linked, there are so many angles to this story that cross over each other and back around to the point that it is really impossible to come to any certain conclusion. However everything points to witchcraft, which I think is mostly BS, but if people believe in it then it's real to them. This family obviously made enemies with bad people, probably had a bad relationship with drugs, and clearly bought into some kind of witchcraft/occult activity. I'd say that there is a likely hood they were set up, or simply stumbled upon a gathering accidentally or set up by the real estate agent who arranged the meeting on the property. I hate to throw someone under the bus like that without having any information on the real estate agent, just grasping at straws here. With the info about the couple acting so so strangely in packing and unpacking their car in an odd daze, it does seem that the knew something bad was about to happen. Perhaps the power of witchcraft can be actually acted upon and they were more or less hypnotized to go where they did to eventually die. But honestly I don't believe in the power of witch craft.

Hinterkaifeck Farm story is really messed up. I think however that the most reasonable culprit would be the father of the little boy. The way that man was reported to act on the property when the bodies were found is the only reasonable evidence to support anyone in particular. I don't think this was a paranormal murder, because I don't think there has ever been a paranormal murder. I think only unexplained murders can be described that way. This man could have easily spent time hiding in the attic throughout the months before hand, losing his mind, plotting, spying, perhaps voyuering on the oddities that went on in the home, until he decided to simply end the story.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the great replies and in-depth analysis. I'm definitely motivated to do more of these.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Please do! You have what it takes to bring this forum back to its roots, truly. This thread doesn't have the attention it deserves but I and the others have truly been engaged and enjoyed it. If you can find more info on 35th Lat, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Blair Adams. The money was not taken but some was scattered around his body.

Maybe he was pleading with his killers, trying to offer them money, so he pulled some out to show/offer to him/them, and it got dropped during the scuffle. It almost seems like a gambling debt owed to a bad organization or he caused some kind of damage, lost 50grand in drugs or. Suitcase if cash type of delivery he was responsible for, or maybe beat the living hell out of some kid whos family ended up being dangerous people. But whatever the case, the 6-10 grand he was able to come up for his escape was not nearly enough, not even for a down payment to give him a little more time.

The people close to him who knew Anything at all about what he was involved in, knew better and kept their mouth shut...

Just a hunch!

Oh, amd his erratic, unpredictable travel arrangements was just him trying to throw whoever off his trail. The ppl after him, he must have feared their connections would allow them to detect that he had bought the plane ticket to germany, so that may have been,a ruse from the start. Or he got paranoid after a while and changed his mind hoping to throw them off.

Then flying from seattle (a one way ticket, so if THEY discovered the flight manifest, they would not suspect that he might comeback to the west coast) to DC and Then driving to tennessee makes No sense...unless he was trying to lead someone to think he was staying near the East Coast. Tennessee may have just been a temporary stop on his way back to the west coast area... he wanted to make it a slow trip so by the time he got there, THEY would have already searched the area, contacting their connections in the area, and hopefully, by the time he got there, maybe they would, well, not necessarily have given up and moved on and forgotten about him, but, maybe they wont be on such a high state of alert. Maybe he could blend in somewhere.

Why insist on a 1way ticket when it's twice as expensive? He was trying to semd a message to whomever may be concerned, that he was "Definitely Not planning on coming back in This direction!"

But, the ppl after him must have been well connected, and he must have been a little sloppy in covering his tracks...took too many risks...made some phone calls back to canadian associates... Or he just coincidentally got murdered by someone totally different, who also did not take the money. Maybe hes just a jerk to everyone everywhere he goes so ppl always want to kill him? Maybe he had a drinking problem, and becomes "Mr Macho Take On The Ten Biggest Baddest Dudes Around All At Once" whenever he gets too drunk, which was nearly every time...

Maybe he date rapes some girl using GHB, and it turns out her family is high up in the Triads or some other international criminal organization like that. That could be a death warrant right there. Not to judge but he Does kinda look like a football player frat boy. Of course these are just guesses, thats all we can do at this point. But usually people arent tracked across the entire north american continent and killed for no reason.

Of course, it could have been an accident. We all heard the rumours about what happened to John Gotti's neighbor after he accidentally ran over and killed his very young son... He vanished without a trace within a year. Rumors were, Gotti himself took a chainsaw to the guy and butchered him alive...mostly at his wife's insistance, but of course he probably would've still done it anyway even without a grief stricken hysterical italian mob queen/first lady of the Gambino Family-wife screaming in his ear and berrating his manhood, egging him on, demamding retribution, demanding blood... I wouldnt even be surprised if she took part, or had it recorded on video for her viewing pleasure. I think Gotti himself had to hold her back from tearing & clawing the guy to pieces with her bare hands and manicured nails when she got the news. He tried apologizing, but only blood could settle the debt...

Maybe something similar happened with this fellow? I wonder why they didn't bother to dispose of the body? So ppl would see on the news what happened to him, and know that they better Not screw around with these people. Set an example.
edit on 3/6/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Another spooky one is the case of Zeb Quinn. Long story short, he gets a page from his aunt, tells his friend he needs to go in a panic and speeds Off into the night and is never seen again. Aunt claims her and Zeb are not close and she wasn't even home when he got the call from her house. A few days later, his car turns up in a parking lot adjacent to the hospital his mom worked at it had a pair of lips drawn on the back windshield and a labrador puppy (that Quinn didn't own) in the front seat. There was also a hotel keycard and a jacket that did not belong to Quinn either. No leads ever proved useful and Zeb has been missing for 17 years.

top topics

join