It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead is...DEAD!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Oh it wasn't that bad.

My only real gripe about the show is that obviously none of these characters on the show have ever played Dungeons & Dragons.

You never split the freakin party man. Ever!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I turned it off after season 2. It's a terrible show and I dont know what people see in it.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't feel as if Michonne and Rick really fit together, never did, I didn't like it when they began hooking up and I still don't think they are a match as a couple.

I love the Negan character, been waiting for him to appear, but never does, wtf man! Yet another hour wasted and a whole week to look forward to absolut let down.

I hope next weeks episode involves Neegan atleast then the episode will be good.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Everything about the whole mass an army against Negan thing is being portrayed as way too easy and anti-climatic. Everything just seems to be falling right into place, it better be one hell of a battle whenever it goes down. This episode though.... I've never walked away from this show and came back without rewinding, I did so here. They have made zombies literally easier to kill then a fly and as scary as a puppy. Then to even pretend to kill Rick give me a flipping break this could of slid with any other character. Not even a second passed through any real fans mind it wasn't another BS fake death like Glenn by the dumpster. Then to top it all off WHY did he want to kill the deer. Food? They just found the mother load nope. Morality? He felt bad the deer would be eaten alive so he would risk his own life to put the poor creature out of its misery. Hahahaha

Basically this episode was proof the shows running out of steam and ideas fast and well the whole thing is just getting old and we all know it. Only so many times I can watch a zombie be effortlessly "brained" coupled with worse and worse writing/acting.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BigEyes
I honestly felt the exact same way but we will just be called racists for it they just aren't a couple believable lovers or a cute couple for that matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

Earlier in the season, when Negan broke Rick's spirit, Rick lost his will (his faith) and betrayed Michonne by giving Negan the deer that she was going to keep from him (a symbol of her will/faith and of her commitment to the group). The deer that Rick was after was a symbol of atonement (making amends in order to reestablish his faith and commitment) to the group and to Michonne, especially.

The deer is Rick's spirit to fight being jeopardized by the difficulty of the task at hand. Him being on shaky grounds, him falling [back down], and the deer being eaten is/was supposed to make you question whether or not Rick is strong enough to get back up. It's supposed to plant a seed of doubt in you towards Rick (and the gang) in order to build suspense, but like you said, "give me a flipping break" - we all know the good guys always win.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You know, I got so angry with some of the posts on this thread I walked away from it for a while. But, for those who are suggesting that my OP is somehow racist I offer the following...

For what it's worth, Michonne 'was' one of my favorite characters on the show. I loved how she was this independent, proud and capable person, all on her own. She was completely capable, independent of the whole traveling Rick show.

So, what has been infinitely frustrating since she and Rick hooked up is how the producers have dumbed down her character and turned her into this sappy, needy, little rick squeeze. She's gone from total 'ninja' to 'dependent housewife' in about (4) episodes and it sucks.

My interest in the show has always been about the social paradigm portrayed by the series, but now all that has changed. It's no longer a statement about society, social values and morals, but rather a soap-opera about a group of people. I mean, just look back to seasons 1 and 2. You couldn't really like any particular person because you didn't know who would die next. Now, nobody in the core group dies (not even that # Carol...she's like the energizer bunny...just can't get rid of her!!!) and the show just goes back and forth to these little sub-worlds with all these dramatic characters.

Frankly, they've ruined the show. And, for those who say "well, just don't watch it then"...that's pretty much just exactly what I'm doing. This was just some commentary as to why. (Disappointed...they could have done so much with this show, but it just turned into another bunch of TV drama BS!)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Hey to be fair Michonne devolved all through season six, they all did. Like many people would, they let down their guard and got comfortable after getting a taste of the good life from the old days again. Sasha and Carol tried to warn them. Notice they were two of the only ones besides Daryl, who kept that think skin of caution and hostility.

In way, the show is demonstrating what has happened to humanity since the industrial revolution and the advent of mass production. We become weak, vulnerable, and gullible from our roots as dangerous beasts due to comfort and complacency.

Besides, was not Andrea in the comic a bit weirder, and Rick a bit more stand off-ish to her??

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I put up with a lot in the current season. (SPOILER ALERTS IF NOT CAUGHT UP)

For one thing, slathering on zombie guts for zombie invisibility seems to be something they REPEATEDLY forget they can do.
Even the stoner in the spin-off is smart enough to keep using this strategy.

For another...just LEAVE. I mean, they seem to be able to get away for days on end to look for resources...why not just vacate the place and find another, far from Negan? (and set Alexandra with tons of booby traps on the way out!)

What the heck is going to ensure the Goth Garbage Brigade actually HELPS them after handing over the guns? NOTHING, that's what....

How is Gabriel still alive? I would have killed him many episodes ago...

Why didn't they have Eugene cranking out bullets? He found that place a while ago.

Why didn't Rick and Michonne simply go grab a bunch of people and clear out the carnival? Why take it all on with just two of you? It's ridiculous.

That all said, I still like a lot of the characters, and really want to see what happens next. I mean, Negan is awesome...great character. The King is a hoot, and Carol...well, just hoping she gets her fight on again....they sure neutered Darryl though didn't they?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I agree with the op.

After everything that has gone on, and more recently.

Last Sundays episode pretty much deovted to Rick and Michonnes vacation from Neegan.

I am really not going to miss TWD when it's over.

So much potential.

So WASTED.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I honestly felt the exact same way but we will just be called racists for it they just aren't a couple believable lovers or a cute couple for that matter.

It's not a race thing...they just have ZERO onscreen chemistry....they just aren't a believable couple. You can't put a finger on it, you just know it when you see it, and they got nada as a couple together. Plenty of other mixed couples on TV have had it before, just not these two. Hell, Kirk and Uhura had more, and they weren't even a thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So I read this thread the day you posted it and it kicked my arse into overdrive to settle down and read the comics. Thanks to Macenroes link, I finally finished it and am here to respond to you post with a better understanding.

I was going to say something along the lines of, "if you don't like it then stop watching it." However after reading them all, which is something I've been wanting to do for a very long time now and thank you for that, I have to completely agree.

Michonne and Rick are clearly not compatible. Book nor show. Her arc on the show with Carl would have never happened in the comics due to her state of mind during and up even to now. Without her being close to Carl there is no .....Richonne (hehe).

Now, they had to set Rick up with someone given a certain lady is deceased at the moment in the comics so instead of adding another character, I'm assuming they used her.

I really enjoyed the comics and am going to get the physical books to go back and read them again. It is a much better story by a long shot and can't help but feel like the show is really running away with this to suite their own agenda and that is pretty sad.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
I feel like they are going with a more ride or die, FWB type of relationship thing there. They are loyal to each other in regards to each other's lives, and for now they just kicking boots in between a more stable time. In a way, Rick kind of hinted to it, at least in my perspective, when he was insisting "yes you can lose me and I can lose you, because its about the future." . Haha, I was thinking in my head, "way to let her down smoothly Rick, and still keep tappin it". That was my mindset when with his response to her saying she could not lose him. After all they are getting ready to wage a Coup d'état and either one of them could be dead in the opening salvo. I have a feeling they not the only couple or persons getting busy before the first battle.
a reply to: JinMI

It is a much better story by a long shot and can't help but feel like the show is really running away with this

This is the eternal battle between "the book is better" vs. "the show has its own merits". ll the show has really done is turn them into # buddies. Even # buddies get a little bit intimate emotionally, just a little. Except we always know one will get attached. Seems like the chick is fulfilling the profile to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

After finally reading the comics, I can say that it is better. The story flows and makes sense as do the people and the relationships.

The arc where Rick is with a different woman in the comic is a much better overall story and with very sound reasoning behind it and was built upon over time. The same argument can be had for the current show relationship but it is worth keeping in mind that they completely changed the character personality to obtain it.

Comic Michonne would have zero problems having a # buddy. Show Michonne however would not. I'm not so sure comic Rick would be up for one either. I'm still on the fence on how much different comic Rick and show Rick are.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Oh IMO its no contest. Comic book Rick has certainly been somewhat wiser with his decision making skills, and swifter with the justice. Perhaps missing a hand has had an effect on him that show Rick would just not have whole as he is. I was certain Rick was going to lose it to the first episode of 7 when they drove off, but they insisted on leaving him whole.

Comic book Risk is at least two tiers more badass on a 10 point scale.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I greatly enjoy the show for what it is.. Though, I go through phases with it. I only started watching it again this season after taking a couple seasons off.

I find the pacing in the comics vastly superior, so the whole on/off thing seems to work well for me.

My biggest issue is characters in the show being randomly, or in some cases permanently, struck by "the stupid." I think there ARE ways to successfully pull that off, but it doesn't seem to happen that way here and so it comes of as completely out of character and very jarring.

My requirements for movies, series, etc. are probably quite a bit different than most, but sometimes they can align.

I want to be mindlessly entertained. I get enough intellectual stimulation in real life, far beyond what any media could provide, so I tend to avoid finding plot holes, picking apart errors, and the like. However, some, like "the stupid" can be so glaring that it is impossible to ignore.

Overall though, TWD tends to do a decent job even if I do stop watching it for full seasons. I've actually been waiting for the whole rebuilding era for a while, so I'm digging where the show is at.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join