It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Lol no the possibilities are
a: trump lied
B: he didnt lie

You forgot C

c: he read the Breitbart article and had a meltdown. (he didn't actually lie because he believed what he said)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how James Clapper, Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, denied this at "meet the press"?...

This is the same James Clapper who under oath claimed that the NSA never collected the phone data of millions of Americans when there is plenty of evidence that the NSA did collect the data...
edit on 5-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I would doubt that. If there was no evidence of wrong doing, it would be a fishing, and the evidence could be thrown out of a court by a judge. And his attorneys would see to that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You're right. Even though President Trump's instincts have been impeccable thus far, he is human, and entitled one significant mistake every now and then. If this Wiretap accusation turns out to be a mistake, it's no big deal in the overall scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Lol no the possibilities are
a: trump lied
B: he didnt lie

You forgot C

c: he read the Breitbart article and had a meltdown. (he didn't actually lie because he believed what he said)

The FISA's exist sooooooooo at some level trump is right in questioning! I know he didn't actually question and suggested it happened however the media is back peddling so fast on this stating that if a wire tap happen in trump tower it proves nothing lol and if it did happen to trump tower regardless the left will be hung in the court of public opinion!

Lol if that 4chan fan fiction about hookers peeing on trump as ties to russia is used as evidence to get the judge to issue the wire tap I'm going to laugh sooooo hard omg. Lol it would make comey and the fbi look sooooooo bad he might beg and plead to avoid looking like a moron
edit on 5-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I would agree in a perfect world where everyone plays by the rules.

What if someone was not playing by the rules?

link   
a reply to: seasonal

Problem is the line of succession that exists with the frame work of the law. As Clinton did not win, if Trump is removed from office, Pence becomes President, and if he is removed before the selection of a new VP, then it would go immediately to the Speaker of the House.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Did anyone notice how James Clapper, Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, denied this at "meet the press"?...

What did James Clapper deny, EU?

EDIT: Never mind.. I found it.

""James Clapper, former director of national intelligence under former President Barack Obama, denied Sunday the accusation that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower in the latter stages of last year’s presidential election.

“There was no such wiretap activity mounted against the president, the president-elect, at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign,” Clapper said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday morning.""

Source: www.theblaze.com...
edit on 3/5/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: DupontDeux
Making the accusation and then refusing to comment on it or validate it in any way ... was a douchebag move.

Kind'a like the phrase, "If I had a son ..."?

ETA:

And ... who ... said it was the FBI that tapped Trump's wires??

I'm telling you ... it was another country that did this thing. Yes ... they probably did it at 0bama's request.

Tapping Trump's comms would have been over-the-top illegal as Hell ... and no judge in their right mind would have touched a warrant with their unprotected fingertips ... let alone signed it.

This may be true, Maybe it was another one of our intelligence agencies too. Maybe the FBI subbed the wiretapping or maybe it was not actually considered wiretapping after all wiretapping is an old technology, they have many different methods nowadays. They can deny wiretapping because nobody technically wiretaps anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

In Obama's world that would be his BEST case scenario. But his legacy would be destroyed and he would forever be seen as a scandalous crooked person with no real concern for America, but instead his own political interests. Of course many of us already know that, but it would be on the historical records. Not to mention it would force Obama and the prior administration to keep it's nose out of the current white house.

Personally, I would be OK with that.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Heck, if this turns out to be true perhaps it would be enough to stop Obama and Holder from controlling gerrymandering like they want to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

at some level trump is right in questioning!

He directly accused the president of doing it.

FISA stuff has been known about for a while. The only thing that has been recent is the Breitbart article and we all know he reads that stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Making the accusation and then refusing to comment on it or validate it in any way ... was a douchebag move.

ETA:

I'm telling you ... it was another country that did this thing. Yes ... they probably did it at 0bama's request.

Tapping Trump's comms would have been over-the-top illegal as Hell ... and no judge in their right mind would have touched a warrant with their unprotected fingertips ... let alone signed it.

This may be true, Maybe it was another one of our intelligence agencies too. Maybe the FBI subbed the wiretapping or maybe it was not actually considered wiretapping after all wiretapping is an old technology, they have many different methods nowadays. They can deny wiretapping because nobody technically wiretaps anymore.

Whatever happened, it's safe to say that the games are certainly underway.

I still think it would have been a foreign service tapping him ... and providing info back to a US Intel agency. Gonna be real ugly and brutal-bad if we find out it was MI-5 or MI-6 that had a hand in it.

I'm sure, by now, Steve Bannon has the What, When, Where, and How completely assembled. He's probably finalizing the list of Who.

The FISA Court thing would have been classified. I don't know where they're getting their info: One request was denied and a narrower version was approved ... but I'm going with Red Herring on that entire line.

I feel kind'a bad for Trump. He's gonna be damned if he doesn't start winnowing down the personnel payrolls of all of these govt agencies which conduct intelligence activities.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

ETA:

wiretap
[wahyuh r-tap]
noun
an act or instance of tapping telephone or telegraph wires for evidence or other information.
verb (used with object), wire·tapped, wire·tap·ping.
to obtain (information, evidence, etc.) by tapping telephone or telegraph wires:

If they tapped cat5 or cat 6 lines to get information it is still the same thing as they can be considered phone lines i believe your assumtion is correct and stated that they would fight this legally on the grounds of the defination of what wire tap means in another thread earlier however the fact they needed a FISA judge to write off on it puts any various interpretations of the wording into question as the very act of being allowed to bug, tap or steal data in an effort to obtain information can be considered "wire tapping" even if it was wireless data they captured.

Opps! Clapper is playing dumb like he always has or avoids telling the full truth! The evidence will go missing and has most likely already been deleted except for the paper trail from FISA. Watch

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
The evidence will go missing and has most likely already been deleted except for the paper trail from FISA. Watch

The Daily Intel Briefs are kept on file for at least five years. The SecState has a similar offering. John Kerry and that little Navy weasel (John Kirby) might have some serious shplaining to do if my suspicions are correct.

It's only going to take one patriot to step forward, point a finger, and say, "Look right there. That's what you're looking for."

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Pence is suspect, but they probably would not have let Trump run unless he would be VP, he's got to do a lot of firing. This is getting beyond a joke, and its all about Pizza dust while Rome burns. They are all scared just one big name arrest would get them running.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

No, because it was not OBAMA who ordered it. McCabe has been wiretapping Hillary's political opponents for 20 years. It was McCabe, and it was Hillary, and they did it without the president's oversight.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It should be an actionable move..like legal action.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
a reply to: dashen

No, because it was not OBAMA who ordered it. McCabe has been wiretapping Hillary's political opponents for 20 years. It was McCabe, and it was Hillary, and they did it without the president's oversight.

Any proof?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Apparently the reason for Flynn's dismissal was that the Russians were giving him a list of high profile Pedos But what comes next is way more interesting , Flynn and Trump knew they were under surveillance, so when it goes to Congress their has to be an inquiry into the wiretapping Check this out www.youtube.com...

:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join