It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The evidence that we know is the two attempts to obtain a warrant on a FISA court.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

edit on 532017 by Snarl because: moving to front page comments as an ETA

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Remember this the NY times piece Comey has not say anything yet.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

I can't see a reason for Trump to say this if he has no evidence.

Can't see a reason for Comey to say what he said either.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It points to the NSA, no the FBI, if Comey denied that the FBI did it, is still 5 more agencies that could had done it.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Failed attempts, are you suggesting this is what made Trump go off the rails?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: dashen

First one was denied, the wording was changed in the second one and was approved.

That is in public record right now because of what Lynch did on January 3 letting all raw data from spying agencies to be shared around.

does that not make this alleged statement by comey a lie?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No, one in June was denied, the second one in October was approved by the court.

But supposedly Trump just find out about this.

Now remember that is a lot of theories in the news and in the net that this was happening.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Comey has no say anything yet, the speculation of him requesting a DOJ stop to this is from the NY times, none of the media outlets can verified that he did this, the DOJ have no record of any request.

edit on 5-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It points to the NSA, no the FBI, if Comey denied that the FBI did it, is still 5 more agencies that could had done it.

And I've worked for at least three of those. If someone had come to me and told me to tap Trump's comms ... I'd have told them to go pound sand. Every person I've ever worked with would have done the same.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I can not wait to hear what Comey have to say about all this tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Remember this the NY times piece Comey has not say anything yet.

OH...thanks for the heads-up. Should have paid closer attention to source. However, even FOX is repeating the story.
www.foxnews.com... ml

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have yet to read that there was one granted in October. I will do some digging. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It would seem the Russians work is done.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I can not wait to hear what Comey have to say about all this tomorrow.

Me too.

I'd really rather hear Bannon's unadulterated take on the whole mess. You can bet he's the one going over the official record of 0bama's White House. Giving him a seat on the National Security Council is gonna pay out in spades.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sounds like the NYTimes is now back-peddling to cover their sorry azz, if Director Comey denies their story tomorrow.

""WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday.

Mr. Comey’s behind-the-scenes maneuvering is certain to invite contrasts to his actions last year, when he spoke publicly about the Hillary Clinton email case and disregarded Justice Department entreaties not to.

It is not clear why Mr. Comey did not issue a statement himself. He is the most senior law enforcement official who was kept on the job as the Obama administration gave way to the Trump administration.""

Excerpted from the evening edition of: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seasonal, I'm personally convinced the Prez knows what he's doing on this one. If there's one thing we've learned, it's that he got game.

I think the call for this investigation by President Trump in conjunction with the all things Russia investigation is fair and a wonderful way to let both sides show what they got. And brilliant. Look at the scramble. That don't happen if they ain't skeered.

The leaks, it seems, are going to be a big part of this.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What the country unfortunately may learn here are how some of the most powerful people in the country and some from other parts of the world have gained power (shadow government) via our intelligence services. No need to run for office ... no need to lobby for power ... simply infiltrate our intelligence services and gain power through manipulation and blackmail with the MSM as willing accomplices. Through the use of social media they have an army of willing soldiers repeating, repeating and repeating.

My theory on what happened near the end of the election is that people in intelligence loyal to the country (true patriots) sought to put a stop to it all thus the late election Comey/Weiner revelation (they forced his hand) and sent Clinton's campaign into a tailspin. Now we are witnessing an all out civil war in the intelligence community ... hopefully the Senate can investigate it all and bring the country back to some semblance of normal. Barack Obama will go down as worse than Nixon when this is over. Man screwed up everything he touched - was never qualified to be a President. he was the true manchurian for 8 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes they did but they tell that is unconfirmed sources.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join