It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The FBI is not buying Trump's assertions of Obama tapping his phones. And Comey is calling for a correction. I wonder if Trump has some serious evidence?

Comey is calling for the Justice dept to publicly reject Trump's assertion that Obama tapped his phone lines. Comey said the comment is highly charged, false and must be corrected.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.
www.nytimes.com...

This is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting pres. This also puts Comey, "top law enforcement official" in the position of questioning Trump's truthfulness.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The story can not be confirmed yet seasonal, tomorrow Comey is to come forward and talk.

So far the only information is from the NY times.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

This is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting pres. This also puts Comey, "top law enforcement official" in the position of questioning Trump's truthfulness.

More like his sanity!

Most probably this is cunning word origami, and the FISA warrant, which most probably exists, wasn't for Trump's phone.

edit on 5-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nice.

Making the accusation and then refusing to comment on it or validate it in any way until after a congressional investigation was a douchebag move.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The FBI is not buying Trump's assertions of Obama tapping his phones. And Comey is calling for a correction. I wonder if Trump has some serious evidence?

Comey is calling for the Justice dept to publicly reject Trump's assertion that Obama tapped his phone lines. Comey said the comment is highly charged, false and must be corrected.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.
www.nytimes.com...

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

Yikes! That's ballsy. And likely to blow up in his face.

I wish I could have a Q&A with Comey while hes on '___' so he'd have to tell the truth about what the hells been going on the past year or two.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i remember reading somewhere that trump was tapped by obama under a fisa court request looking into "russian financial transactions" on a computer in trump tower.
the first two fisa requests were denied...

was that incorrect?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Yes if he has evidence, he should present it post haste.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
please kill this thing comey, please.

like it or not he is the president and we need him focusing on north korea and running the dang gov't

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

senior American officials said on Sunday

No confirmation from anybody

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Comey should have Been Fired by President Trump the Minute he Swore the Oath of Office . Comey has been Playing Both Sides of the Political Field for Years Now and has Benefited Greatly from it Financially too .

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected

How does Comey know though?

The only way he can confidently deny it before an investigation is if he knows that there WAS a wiretap and he is (re)lying on a technically like it was ordered on behalf of that.

It might be a misquote of Comey saying that they have no reasons to believe that a watergate style wiretap has taken place, and that The White House has not provided any proof or even evidence. It would not be the first time a newspaper messed up quotes.

edit on 5-3-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Cool, calm as a cucumber Comey was TRIGGERED! Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I know he should have, but I am sure that he will get away with a simple, I had no clue that Trump tower was wiretapped and that the FBI never, ever spied on American citizens never

We all know that is a lie, Clapper just did that and has done it several times and still on going.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
Making the accusation and then refusing to comment on it or validate it in any way ... was a douchebag move.

Kind'a like the phrase, "If I had a son ..."?

ETA:

And ... who ... said it was the FBI that tapped Trump's wires??

I'm telling you ... it was another country that did this thing. Yes ... they probably did it at 0bama's request.

Tapping Trump's comms would have been over-the-top illegal as Hell ... and no judge in their right mind would have touched a warrant with their unprotected fingertips ... let alone signed it.

edit on 532017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
With Comey in the administrations pocket, I'm kind of wondering if he's being told to try get the spotlight off because if there actually were FISA warrants issued, Trump declassified them in an idiotic rage.

We basically have the director of the FBI calling the President a liar. Not sure why he would risk such a thing if not to cover a worse thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I would think that Trump has some evidence. If not then what is the point?

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
With Comey in the administrations pocket, I'm kind of wondering if he's being told to try get the spotlight off because if there actually were FISA warrants issued, Trump declassified them in an idiotic rage.

We basically have the director of the FBI calling the President a liar. Not sure why he would risk such a thing if not to cover a worse thing.

Comey has not said anything (yet)

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Perhaps he wants to see tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

First one was denied, the wording was changed in the second one and was approved.

That is in public record right now because of what Lynch did on January 3 letting all raw data from spying agencies to be shared around.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

EXACTLY! Comey rarely comments without carefully analyzing and thinking things through. Something's fishy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join