It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like $10?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you talking about banks selling mortgages?

I thought we were talking about govt selling national debt in the form of bonds.

The other part of your post we agree. Petro dollar is a now abused privilege.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: seasonal

There is no way we will ever pay off our national debt. We are even past the point of inflating our way out of this hole. The only option we have left is to default.

This is not true - we probably won't do it, but it is absolutely doable. We're somewhere around 100% debt:gdp ratio now. We've been over 120% before (1940s) and sunk back down into the 40%'s.

It can be done, but it likely will not. Yes, there's waste, but to some degree, spending money today, even if it's on loan, brings greater returns in the future. 100% Debt:GDP ratio is not unsustainable.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: intrptr

And the Kennedy greenback dollars are in red too.

The bankers, "seal of approval".

Notes, currency, receipts, certificates, 'dollars'.

Add 'checks' plastic 'credit cards' and EFT, too.

All monopoly money, funny money, counterfeit.

Only metal holds its value.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I guess that it is a little different than I remember it. Here is a ATS link that talks about the UN having collateral rights to the parks as guarantee of loans. Basically we gave them to the UN and they guarantee loans by the US if I read this right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This subject bothered me so I started doing more research to see if I had got it wrong. There are some links provided on that thread, some work some are gone already.

I remember that there was some sneaky changes that occurred, and they are real. I did a lot of research on it back years ago even before I came here.

The Federal reserve also holds collateral on our nation and the personal loans do have a clause that they can require payment on demand if they need to.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Too good for too long eh? Here I thought the entire planet has been getting screwed over for far too long... I thought we should all benefit from technological innovations that have dramatically increased productivity (for example, the "4 day work week" mentioned). But now you're here to tell me (nothing against you, friend. I'm just wondering what reality is supposed to look like, if we were to address the debt and economic situation from here on out) that we are gonna have to tighten our budgets Even More? As some kind of payback for "having it too good for too long"? I suppose every nation ought to have 3rd world living standards, then things will be even with all accounts settled? And thats how the world should be? Then what's the point of living? Maybe we should all live in broken down plywood shacks? Will that be enough then, or will we need to give up more to balance out the economy?

What would the world look like with all debts settled?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thread seems to be saying that being a world heritage site means the UN controls it.

It really really doesn't mean that.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For counterfeit money it seems strange that so many people want to hold dollars.

US Treasury debt is seen as pretty much the safest store of value of any investment.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

options on precious metal is worth nothing if you can't get the metal in hand.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Correct, I think this Kennedy "green back" was a step in the right direction. This would mean that nay interest would go to the govt (people) of the US.

Is it just me or are the bankers just leaching off a successful country?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The really, really most important question you have to ask yourselves is just WHO do you owe the national debt to. It's not just America that owes these trillions, it's virtually all civilized nations. So just who is it?
Here you enter the merry-go-round of the worlds greatest scam and the biggest lie your government are feeding you. Talk about the lizard tribe, talk about the Illuminati, keep trotting out some other boogie bear but bring it down to the bottom line and you'll find out it's you.
Or more better your country. Your country is in (what-ever name you want to put on it, the IMF or some other shadowy group) a group that decides which nation borrows what and how much. THEY decide, THEY are the ones keeping you in permanent debt, because people in debt are easier to control. Think of Greece.
Get this one, it's that simple people would laugh at you in disbelief. If every country owed 100 trillion the group could decide to wipe ALL debt owed and every nation would start with no national debt to be paid.
They wont do that because they are living their lives in luxury at your expense.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
For counterfeit money it seems strange that so many people want to hold dollars.

US Treasury debt is seen as pretty much the safest store of value of any investment.

They believe in the fiat currency, they been trained to it, know no better.

Hyper inflation throughout history isn't taught in school...

...and you're right, they know if it all crashes, they just wipe the slate and start over. After all, they are holding all the gold in their basement vaults to start anew, while the people are left holding the useless paper.

image search

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Correct, I think this Kennedy "green back" was a step in the right direction. This would mean that nay interest would go to the govt (people) of the US.

Is it just me or are the bankers just leaching off a successful country?

Throughout history they *the greedy bankers) get control of xyz nations wealth and steal it bit by bit in stages.

It always ends badly, for the people.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The really, really most important question you have to ask yourselves is just WHO do you owe the national debt to. It's not just America that owes these trillions, it's virtually all civilized nations. So just who is it?
Here you enter the merry-go-round of the worlds greatest scam and the biggest lie your government are feeding you.

Further:

The debt is accrued when governments over spend the budget and borrow the money (form banks) who love to loan at usury. An escalating cycle is born, once you establish the borrowing option the representatives can increase the debt indefinitely, to the glee of bankers who live off that interest (like you said). There is no ceiling there, once they realize the people aren't paying attention (or care), who's to stop them?

Like a daughter that borrows daddy's credit card and runs it up, shopping. Writing bad checks to cover over budget expenditures, nobody is minding the store anymore, they have free license to borrow and borrow, who cares they don't have to pay the debt, the taxpayer does. When it all crashes they just wipe the slate and start over.

By then the bankers own all the assets and reserves, standing alone atop a pile of all the wealth.

People won't wake up till its too late , standing in front of an ATM machine that is closed, wondering where all there electronic savings went.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The truth really really hurts.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I thought we would have felt some pretty big inflation. While there has been some in food, in general the inflation hasn't been as extreme as I thought.
In fact it has been docile.
I don't know if this inflation is going to hit yet or not. There also is the petro dollar, there as so many strings in the financial mess. Pull on one string and a whole lot more fall on the floor.

I used to have a decent collection of silver coins, I probably had $2000 worth sitting in some change jars. When my apartment got broken into this past summer though they were all taken. I assume the thieves didn't know what they grabbed and it got spent as actual coins because I've gotten a few in change from the local gas station.

Anyways, the printing of money is unlikely to cause inflation on it's own. Inflation happens when the demand for money drops while the supply increases. Inflation will only happen when we dump money into the economy but everyone suddenly starts saving money rather than spending it. That's why interest rates have been kept so low, and why the government largely tells people to go spend rather than save. It's to encourage people to not hoard cash, as long as the velocity of money (the rate money changes hands) remains high, the system will remain stable.

We have however been hit by something similar to inflation which is stagnant wages. Inflation has remained low, but wages haven't kept up largely because annual wages are effectively tuned by CPI which produces innacurate numbers. This has resulted in inflation rising at a higher rate than wages despite annual COL adjustments. If you do that year after year for nearly 40 years as we've now done... people just aren't making what they used to, of course you could also argue that this has kept the demand for money high and helped to head off high inflation rates.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Was it insured?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Was it insured?

No.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pretty sure that is the wrong way round. Inflation is driven by demand, people spending money. Money that is saved has little inflationary affect ( see Japan).

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The people who invest in treasury bonds on behalf of pension firms, investment companies and government are generally reasonably well educated.

Pretty sure they are aware of hyperinflation and recognise that it is an anomaly.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Pretty sure that is the wrong way round. Inflation is driven by demand, people spending money. Money that is saved has little inflationary affect ( see Japan).

It comes down to the velocity of money. When money is stagnant (sitting in hands and saving) the demand drops, which in turn lowers the value and creates inflation. When money is changing hands rapidly, there's a high demand for more so inflation doesn't set in.

Here's a couple articles on the concept
www.forbes.com...

www.forbes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join