It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like $10?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That seems odd.

If you have collateral there has to be some chance of "taking" possession of the collateral.

If the Govt was to start to relieve people of their "collateralized" property to give to the new owners, I could see huge problems.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

This sounds closer to the truth. I have no proof to this though.

US debt isn't backed by any collateral. It is not possible for anyone or any nation to demand assets in exchange for US debt.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They been trying to steal our assets from us since they were invented.

Thats why coins were minted in copper, nickel, silver and gold and why the constitution forbade any but congress to make money or set the value.

Paper or fiat currency has long since replaced tangible intrinsic money and precisely why these coins are worth more today... so they cold keep up with inflation.

One day you might find the price of a head of lettuce to be ten thousand dollars or one of those silver quarters.

Invest ten percent of your wealth in whats called 'junk silver' coins.

For that day.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ScepticScot

This sounds closer to the truth. I have no proof to this though.

US debt isn't backed by any collateral. It is not possible for anyone or any nation to demand assets in exchange for US debt.

Its on the bills, used to say 'redeemable at US treasury' , now just says 'legal tender'...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You have thought this through.

I agree.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Do you mean silver certificates?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

That is where you have been misled. Maybe the money our government borrowed from social security is not backed, but the Debt foreign countries hold is a contract, not regular debt. They own a piece of America if we mess up. Why do you think that Japan bought some of our debt, they would like Hawaii.

We are not speaking of regular savings bonds here, special bonds.
edit on 5-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do you mean silver certificates?

Yah, silver and gold. Silver are blue seal, gold are red. Part of the transition from actual metal money to paper was making 'certificates' (receipts)' for the gold stored at Fort Knox (that they took from everyone in 1933).

In other worlds you were supposed to believe in the paper receipts because they would be redeemable at the treasury for that value in gold (or silver), proving to the citizenry that not one more 'certificate' would be printed than they had reserves for (in Fort Knox).

They are valued by collectors today but have little actual intrinsic value. If you took a gold certificate to the bank they would exchange it for face value.

Same with silver coins. Try it, take a pre 64 silver dollar to the bank, they will give you a dollar for it.

Even though silver is spot priced right now about 18 dollars per ounce.

Banks, bah...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Japan has owned US debt for decades, still doesn't mean it has any claims on Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

And the Kennedy greenback dollars are in red too.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There was blue seal dollar silver certificate as well. I've got a few of each.
Notice at the top it say " United States Note " and not Federal Reserve Note.

Buck
edit on 5-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The silver coin (cob) top left came off a Spanish galleon off the coast of florida in the early 60s

edit on 5-3-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I think the people at the top of the Fed think it is their birth right now.

The money should be a creation of the US govt and loaned from the US govt. The interest should go into the system to help lessen the tax burden, not into a banker's pocket.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Is there a source?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Let me tell you fellas, the debt has become so astronomical over the last 15-20 years, there will never be a way to settle it
under the present system.
Now, what will be done or how it will be done, remains to be seen. Some type of reset or devaluation will have to take place sometime in the near future.
I would expect the dollar will be scraped and replaced by something like the New U.S. Dollar or some other name.
All these foreign countries holding U.S. debt will simply have to eat dirt and live with it.

The major function today is just trying to keep the system working.
DJT is getting taught the real secrets about all this now.
What he thought he knew and what he knows now are two totally different things.
You can see it in his face.
To me personally, its a miracle that the left and right have been able to keep it going as well as they have so far.
We may make it 2 years or 25 years, but sooner or later and most definitely, the SWHTF.

Buck

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I don't know how or when, but it isn't going to be an eat dirt scenario.

It will be a WW thing. And I think this is where this is heading.

And if the mining operations on asteroids becomes a reality, and it is automated we are looking at the end of scarcity of precious metals, not soon, but sooner.

The last 15 years has been a huge success for the .001% and everyone else has been treading water or sinking.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

They would have to come here to physically collect and occupy their newly gained commodities.

No they wouldn't, all they need is the mortgages as proof of ownership. We have seen how the Chinese have bought out some of our largest farms and livestock countries here in Australia over the last few years. And not a word of caution from our so called Foreign Investment Review Board that is supposed to work in the Australian National Interest.

I am to the point I would gladly pay the karmic price of that scenario.

Well for countless years you have enjoyed the benefit of low inflation by the pricing of Oil in US dollars. You have benefited from the exportation of USA's inflation to other countries that need to buy the US dollar to trade. You have had it too good for so long but you are ignorant as to how international trade works.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If the Govt was to start to relieve people of their "collateralized" property to give to the new owners, I could see huge problems.

But isn't this exactly what happened with the sub prime loans fiasco? Your loans were non performing and bundled and sold to others - when the house of cards collapsed they wouldn't let the Banks take a hit, so they bailed the Banks and lumbered the taxpayer with more debt

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Japan has owned US debt for decades, still doesn't mean it has any claims on Hawaii.

I guess I got roped into fake news before they even called it fake news. I read about this in around 2009. It appears what I read, that looked official, was not official. Or was it and they are hiding it. I do remember that the debt varies by the value of the dollar against China from a later article I read when we got money from China. I assumed that the rest of the original fake article applied to that loan.

So I was wrong, I was scammed many years ago with fake news.
Or is there something the government is hiding from us

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Never, never certificates....always hold the physical asset!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join