It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like $10?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
After looking through some of my old metal detecting finds I ran across a hand full of silver coinage.

I find it absolutely amazing that these 3 quarters are now worth $3.25 ish each.

To me this is telling. Do you think that our wages have kept up with this "real" money?

Are you a fan of the Federal Reserve?
The federal reserve was signed by Pres Wilson ion Dec 23 1913.

It may once have been independent, but since 1913 it has in reality been shackled to the Federal Reserve System, established in December of 1913.
ancientbankingsecret.com...

Fractional Reserve lending?

As productivity increased, waged have not reflected this. I remember hearing that the computers are going to make the 5 day work week turn into the 4 day work week. Well that didn't happen.

Wealth inequality. This is problem that just seems to be getting worse. The average workers have not had actual wage increase since the late 1970's.

Are any of these on Trump's agenda?
edit on 5-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a problem far bigger than just poor old Donnie.

Fun fact; if you have a stack of change, a quick way to tell the old from new is to grab a magnet. All the post 68 coins (canada anyways) are made of worthless nickel and other stuff that is magnetic,

Pre 67 (the good stuff silver) will not stick to a magnet. Easy way to go through piles to get the good ones.

(Ive been collecting pre 67 coins for years)

The buying formula that works out to the buyers favour is to pay 10x face value, meaning a dime is worth a buck and a quarter is 2.50.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Trillions have been printed out of thin air since 2008. Trillions. Those that are closest to the spigot and that get access to the money first are the only benefactors of this ponzi scheme. By the time, if at all, this money filters down to us lowly peasants, it is worthless and does nothing but make the lowly amount of money that we have worthless. Inflation, the great silent killer.

woe is us.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I thought we would have felt some pretty big inflation. While there has been some in food, in general the inflation hasn't been as extreme as I thought.
In fact it has been docile.
I don't know if this inflation is going to hit yet or not. There also is the petro dollar, there as so many strings in the financial mess. Pull on one string and a whole lot more fall on the floor.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
Pre 67 (the good stuff silver) will not stick to a magnet. Easy way to go through piles to get the good ones.

The government stopped minting silver quarters for circulation after the 1964 series.

edit on 5-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The only reason that inflation hasn't taken off is because the peasants no longer have disposable income. The huge increase in heath care, in education and even in basic items such as food/shelter has drained any disposable income that we have. It could also be argued that inflation is here but our clever government has massaged the data to show a paltry inflation level below 5%. I think we might have hit a high (officially) of 3.7% in 2011/2012. I would say this rate could easily be above 10%, sustained. Our wonderful benevolent government with their hedonistic adjustments.

I think the economy never recovered after 2008. It was just papered over and we are still paying the price. Well, those of us that are not surrounded by gated communities.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Federal reserve act was passed 23rd not Christmas Eve and the majority of both houses were present.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: deuceawesome

The government stopped minting silver quarters for circulation after the 1964 series.

He actually said in Canada

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yup, I found several silver coins back in the 70s and 80s. I have them all still.
Just think about gold though.
I have a 10 dollar and a 5 dollar gold piece coins

edit on 5-3-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yep and the Kennedy half's had 40% til 1970.

No silver in the money allowed the proverbial kids to be let loose in the candy store.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

All true, but at least the banking system didn't collapse.

Could you get along with out a bank? Or at least the banks that were wrapped up in this mortgage bundling scam.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yep, the date in the other story was wrong. I will change it. Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Outstanding thread gentlemen !!!!

I'm sure most of you are aware the the Fed is already preparing a 1 trillion dollar injection, when and if things go south again. It saddens me greatly to see so many lose so much. ( Of the working class. )

Buck

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am probably just ignorant but heck yes, I wish a lot of the banks would have collapsed during that time. They let a few of them fall but I suspect that was just payback for transgressions from the S&L crises. They could have saved them all with their digital electronic money .... click .... click .... 'there you go, a couple billion. Will that be enough for this week'?

There definitely would have been some pain but we would have probably recovered and be much better off today. But look where we are, still getting worse. The entire market is rigged. Something about tar and maybe something about feathers sounds really good at this point.

Deflation is not a bad thing. It needs to happen. The only reason they are not allowing this correct and remove the malinvestments is because we as the people are not holding these *$&#&*^$*&# accountable.

There was a reason why our forefathers put into the constitution that the issuance and control of our money should be solely in the hands of congress, not this unaccountable private vampiric institution.

DOWN WITH THE FED.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I really hope the new pres starts to pay this crap debt down. Bush and Obama made horrible decisions so they wouldn't be blamed for nose diving the world.

This is a sign of poor leadership.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You got it right.

Along with the Fed going bye bye, we will need something to back out money. We could not be in this mess if we had a money system tethered to a solid asset.

Trump has said he is in favor of a Fed audit. That is a start.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There is no way we will ever pay off our national debt. We are even past the point of inflating our way out of this hole. The only option we have left is to default.

I agree with most of what Trump says, but I am really worried that he has not addressed the problem of our federal reserve. Either he values his life more than his duty to the people of these united states or something may be amiss. I hope not.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You got it right.

Along with the Fed going bye bye, we will need something to back out money. We could not be in this mess if we had a money system tethered to a solid asset.

Trump has said he is in favor of a Fed audit. That is a start.

They do have something to back the government's debt. We do not own our homes or property, we just lease it from the government. Our government can sell the land our homes are built on and we cannot do anything about it. China would be happy to get a real lot of homes here for their people. So would a lot of the countries that we owe money to. Our national forests and parks are also collateral. China would like those too.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Truth ..... aaaaaaaarrrrrggggggg. Now I need to drink. The only positive thing I could think of in that scenario is by that time, the gloves would be off. They would have to come here to physically collect and occupy their newly gained commodities. I would love to see a foreign nation even try that. Along with us wiping them off of our sovereign shores we could continue with the people that actively participated in getting us to this point.

I am to the point I would gladly pay the karmic price of that scenario.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

US debt isn't backed by any collateral. It is not possible for anyone or any nation to demand assets in exchange for US debt.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join