It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Set to Make Millions From Leading Congressional Redistricting Effort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

By MintPress News Desk | March 4, 2017

Essentially, Democrats – unable to acknowledge other key factors that have led to the ruinous state of their party – are seeking to reverse-gerrymander congressional districts so they can win political elections without having to make serious reforms. As Politico noted, Democrats are arguing that they “have been losing races in large part because they’ve let Republicans tilt the field.”

There was no mention of the party’s illegal actions during the 2016 primary and general election, nor the marred legacy of Obama, as contributing factors in the recent electoral losses suffered by Democrats.

www.mintpressnews.com...

Even though Eric Holder has been disgraced since he was held in contempt by Congress over the scandal known as "Fast and Furious". He is somehow back in politics since Obama gave him a position over the new National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC). In great part Holder's position in the NDRC has to do with the fact that after Holder resigned in 2012 over "Fast and Furious", he rejoined his previous job at the international law firm Covington & Burling.

As it is the international law firm Covington & Burling, as noted by Afro news is set to have a role on the NDRC-related legal battles as they will give the resources for democrats to pursue "election fights in courts".

Zerohedge has estimated that the law firm Covington & Burling will net millions of dollars in legal fees in gerrymandering lawsuits and Holder will be the one filing all the lawsuits, which will also net money for Holder.

What's more, the California's state legislature also announced they will retain Holder and the international law firm Covington & Burling "to lead the state's resistance of President Trump's administration in the courts.

As the mint press news reports in the article, Holder stands to make millions in retaining fees alongside the law firm he works for Covington & Burling.

edit on 5-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

edit on 5-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A few years ago I was threatened with imprisonment because I wouldn't participate in Obama's census and redistricting effort.

They came to my door almost a dozen times, sometimes hostile to get me to participate and that it was mandatory. I said it sure was, I live here alone, bye. Wasn't enough, they wanted everything including my income, savings etc. The one dud refused to leave my porch, when I threatened to call the cops he encouraged it until I grabbed the phone. Anyone else remember anything like this? As a registered Democrat who voted for this scum I was beyond incurious by the harassment.

One of the last encounters was me saying "go ahead and charge me for non-compliance, I will be sure the world knows and make political hay about it".

If this # happens in your neck of the woods, know your rights. A census doesn't need personal information, they need a head count.

If I'm not being clear, Obama used the 2010 census for redistricting and wants very personal family information and threatened people into compliance. "they couldn't choose a different home either, my was selected and they required this info. " They never got it, through me directly anyway.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You're missing the point.. the whole world needs to super LAZER focus on how the Russians made a Trump robot and it's now leading the free world.

All this reporting(?) about Democratic misbehaving is just an attempt to shift the topic!!!!

Never mind that a former progressive president has just sat his butt down in DC and decided to undermine not only the election process, but the government of the United States.

TY for the post, S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Gerrymandering needs to be stopped regardless of whom it benefits. I'm happy that it's going before SCOTUS. I'm not really sure why anyone expects Holder to work for free but I would imagine all involved are now going to wait until the Court decides how districts can't or can be drawn.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Gerrymandering needs to be stopped regardless of whom it benefits. I'm happy that it's going before SCOTUS. I'm not really sure why anyone expects Holder to work for free but I would imagine all involved are now going to wait until the Court decides how districts can't or can be drawn.

The courts do decide already.

Many districts get redrawn when challenged in court.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I suggest reading up on the different scopes SCOTUS could be using to determine the issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

and I suggest you read the article, and re-read it until you understand that what Holder and Obama are trying to do is to have democrats control gerrymandering...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gerrymandering is why the democrats hold Calif and they are doing everything they can to redistrict to get rid of the rest of the republicans out of Calif.
This and other election tricks like the two top winners in the primary are the only ones on the ballot freeze out all republican and third party candidates in parts of the state.
When you add the Open Primary Act and gerrymandering you get more unfair elections in calif then you would get with just gerrymandering.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
the whole system is crazy. a montana citizens vote counts more than a californians vote

this is just deck chairs on the titanic, the real issue is corporate money making the average american obsolete in the entire process

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

And why the GOP controls the House. Both are wrong and extremely unfair to voters.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ANNED

And why the GOP controls the House. Both are wrong and extremely unfair to voters.

What the hell are you talking about?... What about when democrats controlled all three the house, senate and WH?... Was it fair simply because they are left-wing like you and now that they are not you want to claim "it's not fair"?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
the whole system is crazy. a montana citizens vote counts more than a californians vote

this is just deck chairs on the titanic, the real issue is corporate money making the average american obsolete in the entire process

How do you figure?

Is California more important, so it gets more votes? The state of Montana must submit its citizens to taxation without equal representation? Isn't it enough to have a bigger voice in the house of reps?

Our nation isn't a nation of people. Its a nation of states. Your state is a state of people.

States rights....its what makes America what it is.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Gerrymandering, no matter where it comes from, makes a mockery of our system of governance. Its wrong.

I'd be happy to see SCOTUS define parameters for how its done, if our representatives (after 200 years) are not mature enough to do it themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I'd be happy to see SCOTUS define parameters for how its done, if our representatives (after 200 years) are not mature enough to do it themselves.

Except that what Obama and Holder want to do is to have democrats control it. So there will be more representation for democrats even if the people vote republican.

It's why they call it "the National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC).

The argument of those two is that by having democrats control it "it would be more democratic"... Holder even claimed they are doing it to save "our democracy".... This isn't a democracy, it is a Constitutional and representative Republic.

These two want to continue the dictatorship they started under Obama as President, and yes, when President Obama and his administration decided to label half of the country as "possible extremists" for having a political ideology different than theirs it's a sign of a dictatorial regime. Dictatorial regimes always start by trying to suppress all dissent, and that's what the Obama administration did. It wasn't a full blown dictatorship, but it was being shaped to be one.

edit on 7-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

join