It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Compliant AR-15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I'm pretty sure that TB was talking about the functionality and it's designed function was being ruined, which it is--the AR platform was never designed or meant for the upper to have to be separated from the lower in order for the magazine to eject.

Regarding your video--I guess that we know what will be up next on the things-to-make-illegal block in the California legislature sometime soon. That's a pretty nice work-around for the fixed-magazine issue, though. Get 'em before they're outlawed!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You are not alone in that.

Only one among many, many reasons I'd never live in California. Great place to visit, most of the time, but live there? Never.

I've watched this video, and several others, and still don't see the point of it all. Useless. It slows nothing down, nor does it prevent rapid reloads... I'm having real trouble understanding what this accomplishes, other than pissing people off. that and wanting to be seen doing something!!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think that's the point, though--California legislators are all about the attention that some of their laws brings to the liberal agenda, and sometimes nothing more. Plus, they know that they have a liberal appellate court if a law is challenged, so it will be on the books for a while.

But I think that they know what they're doing--if they can make something that they see as the devil into something so cumbersome to use that it just pisses people off, they'll quit purchasing or using it. It's relatively similar in design to the long-term tactics used to make marijuana illegal way back in the day...or fully-automatic weapons today would be a better comparison, I guess, with all of its illegal manufacturing and costly licenses and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: seagull

I think that's the point, though--California legislators are all about the attention that some of their laws brings to the liberal agenda, and sometimes nothing more. Plus, they know that they have a liberal appellate court if a law is challenged, so it will be on the books for a while.

Too true. Ninth circuit will probably support it, however, the Supreme's in all likelihood, will not. Give it a year, or two, would be my guess.

But I think that they know what they're doing--if they can make something that they see as the devil into something so cumbersome to use that it just pisses people off, they'll quit purchasing or using it. It's relatively similar in design to the long-term tactics used to make marijuana illegal way back in the day...or fully-automatic weapons today would be a better comparison, I guess, with all of its illegal manufacturing and costly licenses and whatnot.

But the truly amazing thing is, it doesn't appear to slow anything down appreciably. Doesn't look all that cumbersome...

That was, it's fairly easy to see, the intent of this law. To make it difficult, if not impossible, for regular folks to deal with the changes necessary to own an AR-15. It's easy to install, and uninstall, it doesn't slow down reloading by enough to matter save perhaps in a fierce fire fight, though given the speed of reloading that some are capable of, not even then. Rather a large fail...imho.

Who ever thought this travesty up, is to put it mildly, a micro-cephalic idiot.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Who ever thought this travesty up, is to put it mildly, a micro-cephalic idiot.

Death by a thousand teeny-tiny papercuts is the preferred way of eroding civil liberties these days, and it seems to be working. They're not idiots - well, they are, but that's for another thread - but they are patient.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Yes they are.

I call them idiots, and they are, but their masters are, most definitely, not.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

This, in a nutshell.

Using gun control laws to combat mass shootings and urban violence is about as stupid as using sodomy laws and gay marriage bans to combat pedophilia.

It only ends up punishing harmless law-abiding individuals because they choose to partake an an activity tangentially related to something that criminals do.

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

I can't wait for the new Supreme Court to tear some of these AR bans and ridiculous may-issue CCW permit state laws to shreds.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Lawmakers make everything but good common sense laws. I guess that's how they get the positions they have.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: infolurker
Can someone describe what makes this gun different from a stock AR 15. What are the changes needed to make it Cali compliant?

Make sure it has no "flash suppressor" or "bayonet lug" or collapsible butt stock.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurkerthis is some more stupid shat from cali can we just give the whole state government over to mexico already. not the land just the gov officials. i mean it was bad enough when they started regulating everything and since they are such a populous state manufacturers started building everything to their sorry standards. if you got a modern house you might notice toilets always clogging up because cali had a drought and made low capacity toilets the rule which was stupid why because toilets were designed to have a certain flow of water to flush the stuff down the line when you reduce the flow you got to flush more than once which means what exactly you need to waste more water or rick clogged lines. i have worked years with plumbers and they all know the bane of that law.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is the issue in a nutshell:

1) The people making the laws have zero concept about how guns are used. The now outlawed bullet button was easily bypassed by a tab attached to a magnet. Now we have this.

2) If the people from #1 would be a bit more reasonable, we could have some common sense laws that protects my 2nd amendment rights as well as keeps guns away from wackos but extremist on both sides seem hellbent on those extremes

There are a few other ingenious devices but since I have guns prior I'm far more aggrieved by the ammo laws.....
edit on 4/26/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Bullet button? That's a new one on me. California?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Are you talking about the safe mag system?

It will not make much of a difference to how much damage one can do with the firearm. It will only require someone to practice a bit to become accustomed to the system.

I think you just described how any tool can become a weapon.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I couldn't go out where the hogs get growls with a ten round mag.......out back here.....past my gate is three miles by two miles of lake flood forest...full of wild hogs that think they own the place at night.....if you're a hiker, why they growl till ya go around.

Gotta have 190 rounds to lay out fast, so I can possibly get all the way back home, if I happen to offend a big one.....ya gotta be lookin for which tree to get up in......

Just so we have a Texas point of view of what's proper for the great out doors these days

Sounds like you need either:

1. Better aim

2. Bigger gun

3. Not go hiking and stumbling around in the woods at night in the first place

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Bullet button? That's a new one on me. California?

Its the magazine ejection button. In the case for CA guns made after a certain date, the button is recessed and it would require a tool to hit it. In most cases the tip of a bullet works fine. However, you can get a magnetic adapter that basically returns the gun back to full functionality. Its not illegal to own, but you cant have it attached to the gun etc.

www.ar-magmagnet.com...

The bullet button is what they outlawed with this latest law, and now that is also bypassed

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that is just plain asinine.

Laws passed that are merely attempts to seem like one is doing something that are actually so easily by-passed are utterly useless.

Why bother?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that is just plain asinine.

Laws passed that are merely attempts to seem like one is doing something that are actually so easily by-passed are utterly useless.

Why bother?

Are you kidding? Thanks god otherwise My Noveske Recon III would be much harder to use LOL

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry brother, but the latest run of CA compliant ARs are homely rifles.
The fixed stock and WTH ever they did to the pistol grips combined with no flash suppressor just make the damn things look bad. I honestly don't know how anyone lives in that state, and I am being 100% sincere in saying that. (granted I don't really know how anybody lives in most lesser 48 states, but I digress)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join