It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Why Heads Will Probably Roll Over Obama Wiretapping Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Whether Obama was involved or not only changes the identities of whose heads will roll. What happened was illegal and should concern every single American citizen. There were so many breaches of the law that it's hard to imagine it not having obama's fingerprints. This Article lays out the laws and the violations that (seem to have) occurred.

Whoever ordered this tap violated the FISA statute:

FISA court members trust the government is only bringing them surveillance about pending terror attacks or “grave hostile” war-like attacks, as the FISA statute limits itself to.

This means no warrant should have been granted (which is probably why it was not the first two times they tried). So why would the FISA court suddenly grant the warrant? Well, it would seem that the requester committed perjury, that's why.

it is possible Obama’s team may have perjured themselves before the FISA court by withholding material information essential to the FISA court’s willingness to permit the government surveillance.

This is conjecture, but it is at least logical. If the end result was the same (spying on trump) then it is extremely likely they lied to achieve their aims. This would fit all of the requirements for perjury as it demonstrates that the party that requested the warrant knew that the information was pertinent (which is why it was included in the first FISA attempt) and that they withheld it with motive (they wanted the warrant approved).

This is criminalized both by federal perjury statutes, conspiracy statutes, and the FISA criminal laws themselves.

So pick your poison, this is illegal as it comes (if indeed information was witheld)

FISA information is strictly confidential or it’s information that never should have been gathered. FISA strictly segregates its surveilled information into two categories: highly confidential information of the most serious of crimes involving foreign acts of war; or, if not that, then information that should never have been gathered, should be immediately deleted, and never sourced nor disseminated. It cannot be both.

If the NYT is to be believed, the obama administration ordered this infomration be shared and left "breadcrumbs" throughout the DoJ. This violates a multitude of FISA statutes. But most importantly to those skeptical of DJT's Russian connections, this seems to clear Donald of wrongdoing. The fact that there is no prosecution from this, means there was no evidence obtained that warranted it. As such, the retention and spreading of gathered information is EXTREMELY illegal.

The next few days/weeks will be really interesting. Obama seems to have placed himself in the middle of all of this with his executive order that increased the share-ability of intelligence (EO 12333). If this plays out as the trail seems to be leading to, this is bigger than watergate by a huge margin. IMO, this would warrant the shutdown of a lot of intelligence gathering and a full revamp of the intelligence system.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If there was any wiretapping going on it was granted by a judge which means it's totally legal.

That said, I find this all very ironic considering Trump LOVES Big Brother spying on everyone yet cries when he thinks he's being spied on.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
as an american, isn't it more important to find out if our president is a puppet for putin?

they are still the bad guys, right?

We obviously have no idea what happened and who did what, but just from a basic level can't we agree that the first thing that needs to get sorted out is who is really running the country?

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I happen to agree with your OP and will be watching any proceeding that result from these allegations very closely, I am growing tired of Democrat obstructionism. If the Trump administration proves that the Obama administration colluded with deep state actors to delegitimize his Presidency it would be unprecedented...and probably unreported in the MSM.

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Not necessarily. Obviously it wouldn't fall on the judge for granting the warrant, but on the people who adjusted the application to get it approved when it shouldn't have been. It would be illegal wiretapping in that case.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

[sigh] It gets so tiring dealing with this line of thinking. If the previous administration wire-tapped trump using a FISA court order and was unable to get any actionable intelligence, the information gathered would need to be deleted. If the request was to find out if Trump was putin's puppet, then you have your answer, no he is not as there was no actionable intelligence to suggest he was.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

I happen to agree with your OP and will be watching any proceeding that result from these allegations very closely, I am growing tired of Democrat obstructionism. If the Trump administration proves that the Obama administration colluded with deep state actors to delegitimize his Presidency it would be unprecedented...and probably unreported in the MSM.

unreported?....you do know that Russian hacking attacks were already reported, and investigations into it were being done in June of 2016, right?.....

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Do you think this could ever get deep enough for RICO charges ? ... eta just spotted this

President Donald J. Trump is leaving no stone unturned by asking the US Congress to investigate the alleged abuse of Executive powers by the Obama administration as part of the investigation into alleged Russian interference in the presidential election. The White House request was directed to “congressional intelligence committees” and asked them to “exercise their oversight authority to determine whether executive branch investigative powers were abused in 2016.”
21stcenturywire.com...
edit on 5-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Or perhaps Heads will roll in the current Whitehouse. Seems this accusation is a distraction from the Russia investigation.

It is deflection. Slight of hand. Media Misdirection.

It just means that they are getting awfully close to figuring out Trump's culpability and he's freaking out about it.

Or perhaps not. But at least one of those stories has legs, the other was an angry twitter rant with no facts to back it up at all, only a call for investigation

Time will tell. Tick Tock Mr President.

link   

I have to think that if what is going on is true(which I believe it is) then even the morons at MSM would be smart enough to see the writing on the wall. That would probably be the turning point where they no longer continued to report bullsnip and went back to the old way of verifying their sources.

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Swills

Not necessarily. Obviously it wouldn't fall on the judge for granting the warrant, but on the people who adjusted the application to get it approved when it shouldn't have been. It would be illegal wiretapping in that case.

that's if you believe our liar-in-chief, I'm not holding my breath on that assumption.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The wording on the actual FISA warrants will be the ultimate determining factor of guilt in the Obama administration.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
as an american, isn't it more important to find out if our president is a puppet for putin?

they are still the bad guys, right?

We obviously have no idea what happened and who did what, but just from a basic level can't we agree that the first thing that needs to get sorted out is who is really running the country?

The Russians are not our friends but then they are not necessarily our enemies either. The U.S. and NATO have characterized Russia as the enemy ever since the Cold War because neo-cons need an enemy to justify a war. BTW, I think I can guess who is "running" our government and I assure you it isn't the Russians.....or Trump.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's a nice conspiracy.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If there was any wiretapping going on it was granted by a judge which means it's totally legal.

That said, I find this all very ironic considering Trump LOVES Big Brother spying on everyone yet cries when he thinks he's being spied on.

Judges have been known to do illegal things, some are removed from their position from doing so. Just because a judge is involved does not make it legal, especially if the Judge can be tied to the Democratic political party in this particular case. You can find quite a few crooked judges if you look, but overall the vast majority of judges are good. Their actions are also steered by their beliefs though, but most try to remain impartial. We need to know the name of the Judge that issued this so we can research his/her affiliations. I wish they would release it already.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

On the perjury charge, yes. But there are three separate issues
Perjury, retaining, and disseminating. Only one of these needs to be true to cause jail time.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The wording on the actual FISA warrants will be the ultimate determining factor of guilt in the Obama administration.
Yes and the ones that didn't get the Judges stamp are just as important if not more so then the final one

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Yes and the ones that didn't get the Judges stamp are just as important if not more so then the final one

Absolutely correct!!!

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

B

unreported?....you do know that Russian hacking attacks were already reported, and investigations into it were being done in June of 2016, right?.....

I see that clarification is in order, the quote you have cherry picked from my post relates to my assertion that the MSM would fail to report a vindication of the Trump administration.

I am aware that the MSM has created a narrative to help destabilize the Trump administration through half truths and innuendo. For the record, this whole thing started with a hack on the DNC which revealed that the DNC is a corrupt Machiavellian organization run by people who look like and act like pedophiles...I assume this "Russian red-herring" is a desperate attempt to deflect attention away from the powerful and corrupt.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hillary is still not in jail and you guys want us to believe that obama is going to jail, durp durp durp, whats in the water over there.

So no fema camps

No guns taken away

No sharia law in murika

No emperor obama for life

No war on xmas

No white men holocaust

Yea we believe you guys this time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join