It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "unpresidented" precedent set forth by our unpresidential president.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Links?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

What wiretap, they are claiming the proven wiretap never happened.

Barack Obama's former director of national intelligence was crystal clear that the FBI had never been given a secret court order to carry out electronic surveillance at Trump Tower in New York.

"Absolutely I can deny it,” James Clapper said with a steady gaze, adding for good measure: "Something like this? Absolutely I would know."

Yet it was all over the news 2 months ago by every outlet saying it was verified there was on.

The Guardian has reported that the FBI applied for a Foreign Intelligence Service Act (FISA) warrant last summer to monitor members of the Trump campaign, but was denied in its initial attempt. Last November, former British MP and openly anti-Trump journalist Louise Mensch reported that the FBI had succeeded in its second request for a FISA warrant, which was later confirmed by the BBC.
fortune.com...

But The Times knew several critical facts: the F.B.I. had a sophisticated investigation underway on Trump’s organization, possibly including FISA warrants. (Some news outlets now report that the F.B.I. did indeed have such warrants, an indication of probable cause.)

www.nytimes.com...

I want to make sure I understand ... this never happened right?

The roots of the FISA warrant were themselves odd. According to both Mensch and the BBC, they centered on a server in Trump Tower

fortune.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

SO james clapper says His boss didnt have any wire taps going...right.....*rolls eyes*

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Wonder why he never said that 2 months ago when the liberal media was running with the story and democrats were saying Trump was screwed.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
timing. just timing.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: mkultra11

They found nothing from the point that active surveillance began. Trump has been heavily involved with deutsche bank for years and the bank practically owns him, but let's forget about Trump for a second though as he is just the clown meant to distract us from the changes going on all around us.

The more important connection is Rex Tillerson who has been working directly with Putin for decades and has a half a trillion dollar investment riding on our government being Pro Russia. Why is this bad? Because we are at a time when these companies should be focusing on a pivot to renewable energies. Instead of throwing money away on oil.

Seriously though imagine if Exxon were to invest all that money into electric vehicles, renewable electric power plants, and home based collection methods.

So now you want the government to tell private businesses how to invest their capital? Wow! Have you taken a look at all the subsidies provided by the previous administration to failed, bankrupt companies that attempted to be "energy smart" or some such buzzword?

I think the leftist progressives are just flipping out over the fact that the Donald has gathered a lot of successful business people around him instead of a bunch of political hacks who couldn't run a lemonade stand without directions from the party. That is what makes him unique in the Oval Office in my lifetime---a man who actually knows how business works, has been highly successful and has a lot of successful friends who actually care about US citizens having jobs and bettering their lot in life. These guys don't want/need people to be beholden to the government for their daily food supply, their housing, their health care, even their phones---they want people to work, earn money and spend it with their companies. It's the way the country was founded to operate. It is what funds most of your retirement funds---businesses who do well and produce profit for those invested. Sorry you missed the classes on the free market system in school.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Did I ever say it didn't happen? No I have said that it was too late for the wire tap. As any deal made between Trump and Russia . Would have most likely been done long before the election began.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

do you read your own sources, or just cherry pick?

from your source
nyt said

possibly including FISA warrants.

never said there were such

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And NATO'S biggest threat is Russia.

That must be why the US and EU (NATO) have tanks and missiles along Russia's border in Eastern Europe.

US tanks, thousands of miles from The US along their border.

Against their "border".

Am I getting thru to you?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: yuppa

Wonder why he never said that 2 months ago when the liberal media was running with the story and democrats were saying Trump was screwed.

Trump ordered a investigation into the source of the leaks 2 months ago thats why.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Absolutely GREAT OP!

Facts and links and logic

Gives a viable and theoretical reason for Trumps Russian obsession and why he chose a guy like Tillerson...

He has the same interests as Trump in some deal(s) to protect or give favors to Russia.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This is because Russia is a perpetual threat and will continue to be as long as the gangsters are in charge.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

No they are saying Obama never gave the order for the wire tap and that the fisa requests were apart of the FBI's ongoing investigation. Which I don't know if you didn't finish reading the fortune article you linked to or just chose to leave the rest out but

FORTUNE

The key distinction is that this was an FBI investigation, not an order from the White House itself. Commenting on this morning’s tweets, an Obama spokesman told the New York Times that “no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice.” FBI Director James Comey downplayed the existence of such an investigation at the time, perhaps explaining Trump's having just learned about the efforts.

Such a warrant would only have been granted if the FBI—not the Obama administration—was able to convince a judge that the Trump campaign had credible links to a foreign power.

The roots of the FISA warrant were themselves odd. According to both Mensch and the BBC, they centered on a server in Trump Tower found last Spring to have been communicating with Russia’s Alfa Bank, itself reportedly with strong ties to Vladimir Putin. The FBI reportedly came to conclude that the communications were likely innocuous.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Honestly I believe companies that large should have strong bipartisan oversight. As these companies have the power to shape the world as they see fit and that power should not go untethered. More importantly we need to start now in moving away from oil.
As far as the green energy subsidies are concerned more companies being funded are succeeding than failing. Not to mention bringing new technologies to market is risky and expensive but is worth it in the long run and necessary for the continuation of our species.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

That's not an answer at all. You're just rewording it. Why is Russia an adversary? You seem so sure of yourself, why do you personally find Russia to be our adversary?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

Honestly I believe companies that large should have strong bipartisan oversight. As these companies have the power to shape the world as they see fit and that power should not go untethered. More importantly we need to start now in moving away from oil.
As far as the green energy subsidies are concerned more companies being funded are succeeding than failing. Not to mention bringing new technologies to market is risky and expensive but is worth it in the long run and necessary for the continuation of our species.

I hate to tell you but these companies own both sides of the aisle. How would their slaves in Congress "oversee" them? They are terrified of the banksters because they owe their souls to the banks. They are terrified of the BigSix media because they've seen what a hostile media can do to a politician.

One of the things I can respect about the Donald is the fact that he's absolutely not afraid to take them on.

If green energy is in the cards, it will happen if we turn loose the intelligence and innovative spirit of the US. Importing solar panels from China and calling it "green" isn't the answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

This is because Russia is a perpetual threat and will continue to be as long as the gangsters are in charge.

Defending ones border is threatening, I see.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There is only one reason that Russia is the devil: It declared war on the Reserve Banking System.

It has nothing to do with Putin being a bad man. They're all bad men. Of course Putin is, too. We let bad men do all sorts of bad things all the time. The only time we go to war is when the petrodollar is attacked via the Reserve Banking System. Put all the phony pretense aside. Its all about the petrodollar and the reserve bank.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Telos

Excellent post and it's true, the Leftists do not care about this country.
They would rather keep the Russian Boogeymen narrative going instead of trying to help fix all the problems here at home.
That's how they roll....complete and total denial of every fact they have ever been in contact with.
They live in an alternate reality.

It's the right who doesn't care about America or its soldiers. All you care about is being in power again. You don't care that Russia has its hands deep in our government. Blaming the left has run out. You control the whole ball of wax and don't care what Trump does, you'll excuse anything just to hang on to that power. So my question is...."Why do you hate America"?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join