It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just curious. Why would you want to see Trump's income tax returns?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It really is quite simple. He's not required to.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Fine. More power to him. Doesn't change the fact that at this point in time, Trump is not required to do so.

I wouldn't...not that there's a whole lot there to be seen.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This sounds like a lot of excuses to me.

It may do to you, but then you also started off by claiming you wanted to see his tax returns prior to him becoming President so you could check them against the emoluments clause .

You'll need to be a bit more focused and rational in your reasoning for wanting to see his tax returns - or you could just be honest and let us know that you just want a media outlet to blow up some minor issue they find on page 1,211 so that you can wade in and bash your President.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

All I'm saying is that if there is nothing to see then he shouldn't be so concerned with releasing them. The Russian thing is a developing story and while these tax returns may not violate the emoluments clause, it could show potential sources of conflict for when he became President. These questions need to be answered, and if there is nothing there, then he should have no problem releasing them.

If the White House released copies of Trump's tax returns and there was nothing amiss in them, nothing to criticize, and nothing to explain why he's dragged his feet on releasing them...would you be satisfied with that?

Yes. I can't argue with the hard evidence.

Hard evidence would come from Trump authorizing the IRS to disclose his tax returns. I'm surprised you would trust pristine tax returns that can't be authenticated after he's dragged his feet on this for so long.

You're far less cynical than I am.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I've wanted to see Trump's taxes dating back to before the election because that was the precedent set by all Presidential candidates. NOW I want to see them to make sure he wasn't setting himself up as a patsy for the Russians. In any case, the longer Trump goes without releasing them, the guilter he will look. Though keep shoveling excuses for him. You are only making the problem worse for Trump if something really is there to be found.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

All I'm saying is that if there is nothing to see then he shouldn't be so concerned with releasing them. The Russian thing is a developing story and while these tax returns may not violate the emoluments clause, it could show potential sources of conflict for when he became President. These questions need to be answered, and if there is nothing there, then he should have no problem releasing them.

If the White House released copies of Trump's tax returns and there was nothing amiss in them, nothing to criticize, and nothing to explain why he's dragged his feet on releasing them...would you be satisfied with that?

Hard evidence would come from Trump authorizing the IRS to disclose his tax returns. I'm surprised you would trust pristine tax returns that can't be authenticated after he's dragged his feet on this for so long.

He doesn't have to authorize the IRS to release his tax returns. Who told you that? He can just release them whenever he wants. Plus I'm sure that once the tax returns are released, every tax attorney in the nation will be coming through them to make sure they are legit.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I've wanted to see Trump's taxes dating back to before the election because that was the precedent set by all Presidential candidates. NOW I want to see them to make sure he wasn't setting himself up as a patsy for the Russians. In any case, the longer Trump goes without releasing them, the guilter he will look. Though keep shoveling excuses for him. You are only making the problem worse for Trump if something really is there to be found.

Do you think the IRS are incapable of doing their job? Are you expecting his Presidential tax returns to show money from his businesses after he stepped down from them???? They will show his salary. You are not going to see anything from future tax returns. All the income from his businesses will be managed by his family.

As for the previous tax returns, it doesn't matter if he was earning income from Russia. There is no law against that. The election is over. Not enough people cared where his income was from. He has zero obligation to show them now. He took the risk during the campaign and he won anyway.

As i said, be more specific about what you hope to achieve by seeing them.... you are not making any sense.
edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I've wanted to see Trump's taxes dating back to before the election because that was the precedent set by all Presidential candidates.

It was started by Nixon because he was a criminal. Personally I don't think it is a good practice.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Do you think the IRS are incapable of doing their job? Are you expecting his Presidential tax returns to show money from his businesses after he stepped down from them???? They will show his salary. You are not going to see anything from future tax returns. All the income from his businesses will be managed by his family.

Ok. So why are you leveling all these excuses at me? He should just release them if there is nothing to see. Right?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Berns23

I've wanted to see Trump's taxes dating back to before the election because that was the precedent set by all Presidential candidates.

It was started by Nixon because he was a criminal. Personally I don't think it is a good practice.

Why? Because you don't want Trump to release his returns? What's wrong with transparency?

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

He doesn't have to authorize the IRS to release his tax returns. Who told you that? He can just release them whenever he wants. Plus I'm sure that once the tax returns are released, every tax attorney in the nation will be coming through them to make sure they are legit.

That's not what I said. I said hard evidence would come from the IRS, not Trump.

Trump could dream up any favorable tax returns with the help of a good accountant/tax attorney and release them. You called that "hard evidence."

ETA: BTW, even if tax attorneys reviewed them and found them to be completely suspect...it wouldn't change the fact that the public would just have to accept them as authentic.
edit on 6-3-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's not what I said. I said hard evidence would come from the IRS, not Trump.

Trump could dream up any favorable tax returns with the help of a good accountant/tax attorney and release them. You called that "hard evidence."

ETA: BTW, even if tax attorneys reviewed them and found them to be completely suspect...it wouldn't change the fact that the public would just have to accept them as authentic.

That sounds like a bridge we should be crossing when we actually get to it; not an excuse to accept Trump not releasing his returns now.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ok. So why are you leveling all these excuses at me? He should just release them if there is nothing to see. Right?

I have told you why I think he wont. The liberal media would find something, anything, no matter how small, and blow it out of all proportion and people like yourself would jump in and help create a mountain out of a molehill.
So, if I were him, I'd say tough luck too. He won and doesn't need to give his enemies bullets to fire.... and make no mistake people such as yourself are his enemy.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have told you why I think he wont. The liberal media would find something, anything, no matter how small, and blow it out of all proportion and people like yourself would jump in and help create a mountain out of a molehill.
So, if I were him, I'd say tough luck too. He won and doesn't need to give his enemies bullets to fire.... and make no mistake people such as yourself are his enemy.

Well then Trump will only be seeing 4 years, tops, in office. In this country you represent the people. All of them. Not just the ones who voted for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well then Trump will only be seeing 4 years, tops, in office. In this country you represent the people. All of them. Not just the ones who voted for you.

No, he will win in 2020 also. There is opposition and then there are haters. No one cares about the faction of haters whose only goal is to destroy. He doesn't represent you - i am quite sure he knows that despite the times he has to say it. More importantly your motives are clear, so don't expect to be provided ammunition to fuel your hate.

On the positive side, stopping the hate and destructive behaviour is but a choice.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Whatever you say, Brit. You TOTALLY got your finger on the pulse of American politics.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Whatever you say, Brit. You TOTALLY got your finger on the pulse of American politics.

Yes I do...and your ideology is losing. The country will change around you and you will be in a corner somewhere crying about tax returns.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes I do...and your ideology is losing. The country will change around you and you will be in a corner somewhere crying about tax returns.

There is no such thing as "my ideology is losing". Politics works in cycles. All it takes is people getting fed up with the right for things to swing back to the left, and the way Trump is acting it won't even take four years for it to occur. I'd point out the Town Halls that Republican Congressmen are fleeing (much in the same way that Democratic Congressmen fled Town Halls in 2008 and 2009), but you'll probably just tell me they are Soros paid protesters. A ready made excuse to deflect from acknowledging that Trump's support isn't built on as sturdy a foundation as you want to believe.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is precisely Ben Carson's thinking.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join