It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just curious. Why would you want to see Trump's income tax returns?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Berns23
a reply to: Swills

Nixon's taxes didn't save him. Taxes are private. They are not meant to be seen by strangers.

Then don't run for "Public" office!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Berns23

For the same reason all candidates have been showing their tax returns for decades now, to make sure everything is on the up and up. The fact that Trump lied in the beginning saying he would release only to do a complete 180 and now refuses to release them tells me HE'S HIDING SOMETHING.

He is not a candidate anymore. He is the President. Not enough people cared about this, hence he was elected.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Nixon's taxes didn't save him. Taxes are private. They are not meant to be seen by strangers.

Why? Trump did run. He won. It was not an issue.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Out of one side of his mouth he claims he is "very, very rich". A multi-billionaire in fact.
While out of the other side of his mouth he admits he doesn't pay taxes, and files for bankruptcy.

I'm curious to see how a person can legally pull off this magic trick without going to prison.
If he's a multi billionaire I want him to pay his back taxes. Like the rest of us.

He's really not that special. He just thinks he is.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Out of one side of his mouth he claims he is "very, very rich". A multi-billionaire in fact.
While out of the other side of his mouth he admits he doesn't pay taxes, and files for bankruptcy.

I'm curious to see how a person can legally pull off this magic trick without going to prison.
If he's a multi billionaire I want him to pay his back taxes. Like the rest of us.

He's really not that special. He just thinks he is.

What back taxes? He has been audited every year for many years, as confirmed by his lawyers. Perhaps let the IRS do their job? If there are taxes due, they will be asking him to pay up. It doesn't require your help and I'm pretty sure he won't care much about your curiosity.
edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Released? True enough. After they've been very carefully reviewed to make sure everything is, as you say, on the up and up.

You don't honestly expect folks to believe they aren't very careful about that? It's not because they're oh so honest, it's because they don't want to get caught out.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I took my blinders off. You should too, UK. He's hiding his taxes to avoid having to pay them; and protecting his Presidency. If the truth was known I suspect he would be up to ass in alligators.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Then change the law! If you're so all fired sure there's shenanigans going on.

He isn't required to do so. ...and do you honestly believe that his records aren't being carefully looked at by the people in govt that don't like him? Which would include the IRS, the Justice Dept, etc... How long has he been either running for Pres, or actually the Pres? Yet nothing, save rumor and innuendo that have lead exactly no where.

Kinda like the birth certificate issue that lead...wait for it...exactly no where. Keep throwin' stuff against the wall, maybe eventually either something'll stick, or arms will start falling off.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But the question remains, if there are no shenanigans and everything is on the up and up, then why NOT release them? Once you become President everything you do is our business.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Flatfish

Why? Trump did run. He won. It was not an issue.

It was an issue, throughout the entire campaign and it still is!

Now, It wasn't an issue with Trump supporters. But that's no surprise seeing how none of the rest of his lies or unethical and immoral behavior was an issue for them either.

One out of three Trump supporters is just as willfully ignorant as the other two, so I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm sure the law will be changed.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard something about (R) Lindsey Graham proposing just such a thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

A policy would lend itself to weeding out crooks.

There was such an uproar over Obama's birth certificate, he finally released it to shut people up. You get sick of all the whining, and fake news after a while I guess.

Trump should follow suit.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

This is a pointless thread. There is a simple answer the doesn't need the divisive tone you are setting. Its necessary to see the returns to identify potential conflicts of interest.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Trump should follow suit.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him to do so, the man is a pathological liar.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well with all the Russian connections, at this point it should be done to clear his name.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We already know he makes income from Russia. We don't need his income tax returns to know that.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Then he should be impeached immediately.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Then he should be impeached immediately.

Lol, why? Is there a law that says Americans can't make money from Russia.

Those people at McDonalds must be in big trouble... or any other business making a profit from Russia

On a side note, isn't amazing how the Russians in that picture look like normal people. I thought they would have horns or something.

edit on 6/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why's that? It's not illegal. Heck, you probably make income from Russia too if you have a mutual fund and the American companies in there make money doing business in Russia.
edit on 6-3-2017 by Berns23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Why's that? It's not illegal. Heck, you probably make income from Russia too if you have a mutual fund and the American companies in there made money doing business in Russia.

Crazy times we live in where people can be so indoctrinated by media witch hunts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join