It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just curious. Why would you want to see Trump's income tax returns?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I hear all these folks screaming they want to see it. It's an obsession. It's not healthy. It's like some kid keep trying to add a hot gal on facebook and keep getting turned down and does not give up until he gets in trouble with the police for being a pervert.

Let's assume Trump got billions as gift from Russian oligarchs or even Putin himself. Gifts are not income. Gifts are not taxable. Gifts don't appear in income tax returns.

So why continue this unhealthy obsession, amigos?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Unhealthy obsession?

Well, that's ironic.

A good way to shut down any sort of communication or discussion regarding the topic, though. Just scream "you're obsessed," and watch the S's and F's come rolling in.

I'm curious - do you hold the same consistency regarding those who are/were obsessed with Obamas birth certificate or Hillary being a Reptilian?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I'm curious - do you hold the same consistency regarding those who are/were obsessed with Obamas birth certificate or Hillary being a Reptilian?

I was an Obama supporter in 2008. I never doubt he is an American. Or else they would have never allowed him to run. As for Hillary, no comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't get people expecting to see them either. Trump clearly stated during the primaries that he had taken every possible deduction and loophole on his returns as all business people do and they are legal. He said it time after time so it's no mystery at all. He also said that if he won the presidency he would first build the economy and then start to close the loopholes with Congress's help. So he's still in stage one of his plan.

STM
edit on 5-3-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why? Cause many of us would like to know what his foreign business entanglements are. And we'd like the opportunity to have tax experts see exactly how he has managed to avoid paying any taxes for so long. Finally, he makes all sorts of assertions about his financial and business prowess. Many of us would like to see some proof since we've learned he embellishes the 'truth' pretty extensively.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Berns23

Because so far, the sore-losing left have seen everything they throw at Teflon Don bounce off and he's still standing. So they only have a few shots left and hope that his tax returns are the poison arrow that brings him down. Her basket of sore losers are in now his basket of deplorables.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"They" want to see it because they are bitter and excessively jealous.

No other rational reasons exist.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I'm sure he earns money in Russia. Isn't he licensing his brand to a company that sells vodka in Russia? Nothing illegal about that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

How much $$ he has in off-shore banks he doesnt pay taxes for....It will show his dealings with countries and companies he doesnt want us to know about. Ones whom are our enemies, taking away our jobs...how he claims "deductions" because he can.

Him and daughter #1 has their products made in China, Thailand, Mexico etc....all the while he's telling us we need to keep jobs in America. Thats a laugh...

Then why does the family not make all their the products in America instead as he says WE should? HE and SHE doesnt! They should lead by example, right?

Wake up America. Korea, Japan, China, Mexico are all making Trumps family products...meaning its ok for him...but the opposite of what they preach us not to do. But it saves him and they tons of $$ to have children in Pakistan make his Golf Caps etc, and Ivanka's shoes...etc etc....

I'd like to see all his "deductions", how little he pays in taxes, where his $$ go to make his and the family's products.

You dont get it?????????????

edit on 5-3-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Loopholes exist and are legal. When they are closed and not legal then companies will stop using them. He said that many of the billionaires who were throwing stones at him as well as many members of Congress also use legal loopholes. He proposed changing the laws.

STM

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Berns23
Gifts are not income. Gifts are not taxable. Gifts don't appear in income tax returns.

I'm thinking you don't understand the United States tax code as well as you think you do.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I was an Obama supporter in 2008. I never doubt he is an American. Or else they would have never allowed him to run. As for Hillary, no comment.

Oh my.

Keep on trusting that gubment and keep on voting!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm just curious. Why would you want to see Trump's income tax returns?

I'll go with "for the same reasons he will not release it - there might be something there".
That sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Offshores are legal for now. The laws need to be changed which he said he wants to do and until then he and most others will continue to use them as they make more fiscal sense. And as for the products being made overseas unfortunately that is how the system is set up right now to be profitable. The whole structure needs to be improved to bring manufacturing back to the U.S. Until then companies (his included) will use the most profitable avenue for manufacturing.

STM

edit on 5-3-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"They" want to see it because they are bitter and excessively jealous.

No other rational reasons exist.

Or becyse he himself said he would release them.

God forbid the POTUS sticks to his word. Be real. If this were Obama, you'd be all over it pretending to be outraged.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
First, I'd like to see them simply because Trump doesn't want to show them. Second. He's always telling us how generous and giving he is with his money, lets see his deductions for charitable giving. Third, he went around telling Mitt Romney he should show his tax returns. So is he a hypocrite? Fourth, I AM interested in his financial ties to Russia. There's been a little bit of this in the news lately. Fifth, he promised he would.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well...because income tax returns might just show sources of income, both foreign and domestic which could be used to discover points of interest...namely conflicts of interest.

Imagine this scenario: An individual gets elected to a position that oversees the hiring of infrastructure companies for the local town/province/county. He doesn't disclose that he owns a majority interest in ABC company, but he hires ABC company to do all the infrastructure work. Therefore he lines his own pockets with public moneys.

This is the type of scenario a great many of us want to prevent from happening.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Offshores are legal. The new Fiat Chrysler Automobiles corporation is headquartered in London for low taxes.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Offshores are legal. The new Fiat Chrysler Automobiles corporation is headquartered in London for low taxes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you even read your own source?

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV, also known as FCA, is an Italian-controlled multinational corporation incorporated in the Netherlands.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For the same reason all candidates have been showing their tax returns for decades now, to make sure everything is on the up and up. The fact that Trump lied in the beginning saying he would release only to do a complete 180 and now refuses to release them tells me HE'S HIDING SOMETHING.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join