It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why this Trump supporter is like he is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I can't speak for everyone, only myself. But in all the back and forth with this site and seeing the wording and way things have been said, I feel this is a fair representation of the bigger picture.

First off, the reason for this thread is a post from a member who I admire greatly. There are many people here who deserve that kind of attention, but a few really stand out. And surprisingly, many of them think completely different than I do on the political spectrum. They just have class.
Here is the post that made me desire to articulate this point.

a reply to: network dude Maybe Trump will bring back some manufacturing jobs, or encourage small business to open and grow. If that happens, I will be impressed. I feel bad that so many of you don't seem to be able to let go of the hate. It will eat you up inside. I don't want him to fail - I'm afraid that if we don't keep forcing his hand - he will fail all of us. I'm not alone This OP is about hypocrisy - and the fact that Trump has made some noises about changing his approach to the whole immigration issue. Golly, I wonder why It's probably the steady, relentless criticism that's bugging you. You see that criticism as hate. We're not keen on the man - there's no denying One thing that is for sure is that as much as people will claim that one side didn't understand the other before the election - the reverse is now just as true. I won't ask you to try and understand my position on all of this because I've recently begun to realize that there is no explanation that won't be turned into snowflakes, sour grapes or hate. The only thing I have to offer is this: at some point you might want to start wondering if we all are actually crazy and/or stupid. That would be the simple explanation, and the one that might make more sense to you The alternative explanation is that there's something wrong with Trump and we are not about to just roll over and let him be. There's too much at stake edit on 3/1/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

In this post, I felt like this is the closest I have seen to common ground. I fully believe that Trump supporters are closely watching every move and hoping beyond hope that what he does is a positive move for the USA. There isn't some blanket approval given here, there is a watchful eye coupled with hope. So democrats, you aren't alone in your fear, you just choose to openly display the bad feelings, while we (the right) seem to openly display the good hopeful feelings. No, we aren't going to jump on the hate bandwagon and slam things that may or may not have happened, we will cautiously watch and defend the stupid, outright lies.

Since October, there has been the talk of Russian interference, yet since October, nothing has been shown as far as proof. If there is some evidence of wrongdoing, lets see it. Honestly, if it's real, then those facts have truth on their side and cannot be ignored. But.....if it's March, and still nothing tangible exists, then the outward appearance of a witch hunt sure seems to be the case. Either way, if the next 4 years are spent trying to smear Trump and paint him into a corner, while ensuring NOTHING productive gets done, WE ALL LOOSE. I'd like to state that again,

WE ALL LOOSE.

I highly doubt we will sit around a campfire singing Koom buy yah, but if the left would better understand that yes, fears exists, but HOPE for a productive future is the stronger emotion, then I feel like we could have less of the garbage, hate, lies, and general meanness that seems to exist.

Like it or not, we are in this together. We all have a choice. We can be proactive and positive, or reactive and negative. Knowing that positive, happiness, joy, smiles, and general good nature is contagious, so is the opposite. It's been proven time and again in social experiments. So you, the ATS contributor is faced with a choice. Do you spend your energy focused on negativity? Do you fester hatred, fear, angst, negativity and anger, or.... do you let that go and spend just a little time looking for the positive?

At this point, it's time for a brief interlude.

If you say bad things about Trump, it makes this puppy sad. Don't do that. Think of the puppy.

Kidding, but in all honesty and with all sincerity, I would like to say that I don't think anyone is wrong for having doubts, for having fears. This is uncharted territory. But without giving this administration a chance, there will never be an answer. There will be no way to base real opinions on real actions. Perhaps Trump picked all the wrong people, perhaps he has a plan and given the opportunity, we might all see some good things happen. But until a chance is offered, we just won't know.

I realize the tone of the country isn't up to us, but the tone of ATS is completely up to us.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I raise your sad puppy and give you...

now hate on me meow

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The average American trump supporter is dumb as dog sh*t and easily lead /deceived.

Side note:

America is literally nothing more than the puppet state of Israel and jewish supremacists and your military is basically their private goon squad running around the globe doing their bidding for them.

Good-day.
edit on 5-3-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Quite possibly the most poignant post Ive seen on ATS

I hate defending Trump, I really do but I feel forced to when the people hes being attacked by are lying or deliberately misrepresenting at best.
I wasnt a Trump fan I just hated Hillary, I actually became a fan as the constant attacks gave him an underdog type status that when it comes to Politicians I appreciate.

It genuinely seems like no matter what he does or says he will be attacked.
I get it, hes not everyones cup of tea but the amount of vitriol spewed at him seems way out of proportion, I mean people were even protesting and saying he was gonna blow us all up before he even got into office!!!

It seems like alot of people, egged on by the MSM, want him to crash and burn and they dont care if he takes everyone else with him as long as they get to say I told you so.

Now heres the pickle, would I be the same as all the Trump haters if Hillary had won?
Would I have spent all my time focusing on the fact she shouldnt be there instead of looking at what she was doing or trying to do?
The answer is I dont know but Id like to think I wouldnt

For all the Trump haters, think about if the candidate you supported had of won, now imagine that everywhere you looked you saw that person being attacked for the promises they made and constantly having baseless accusations thrown at them.
Would you think those people were justified or would you think "get over it, this is the way its gonna be for 4 years at least"
Life will go on, the sun will still rise in the morning and birds will still be singing.

Stop listening to what the MSM say as they are verifiably nothing but a propaganda tool used by those in the shadows to advance their agenda and listen to what the man wants to do, Ill admit he has an odd way of communicating but I sincerely believe his heart is in the right place.
I think if Trump was given a chance and the people got behind him he would do great things, not just for the USA but the world

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Naw ...Trump may be the immoral biblical figure to come

But he's all we got...op is absolutely spot on......lose the tude is what he's saying

We're outta time....get your head going with Gods viewpoint

a reply to: mekhanics

edit on 5-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Network dude is bragging, I just read his sub avatar.....he's bragging....ha....ha

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nice op, but one must understand that the far left are seriously mentally ill. They will not understand this message. They are like the bad guy on a movie who pulls out a grenade and says "come closer and we ALL die". They would rather we all fall, even if it means taking themselves out in the process. They lack rational and logical thought. Great OP though if it were to be followed.

edit on 5-3-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lose

and,

The losers brains are squirming like a toad,
After princess Hillary,
was found dead on the road,

They said Trumps a shill,
But he ran over Hil.

He ran his rear tire,
over the head of that liar,
Her house of cards ,
came down in fire.
The End

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

And all the former king's horses and men couldn't put it all back together again?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I dont know you but I love you..

awesome

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

The average American trump supporter is dumb as dog sh*t and easily lead /deceived.

Side note:

America is literally nothing more than the puppet state of Israel and jewish supremacists and your military is basically their private goon squad running around the globe doing their bidding for them.

Good-day.

Get back into your hole troll. And while you're down there, research the word literally.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

just what is god's viewpoint???

who's god??

to me, god would approve of us doing those things that lessen the pain and suffering (both emotional and physical) on this planet. he would prefer that people could live without fear. he wouldn't approve of the demonization of large groups of people.
to me, all this leads to more negative emotions for demons to feed on..
no, go through ats, on just about every thread that carries a political aspect to it...
and ask yourself just who is it empowering, god or demons.
and well, who is feeding whom the most.

but, I guess it just depends on what you believe about god..

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Great post ...Love and hate look differently .Hope and fear act differently . Being concerned is attached to Love and Hope .Being mad is attached to hate and fear ...Being angry is a healthy thing but there is a time and place for that ...I hoped for Obama and I will hope for Trump ...its my policy ,but I do have room there to be angry ...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What to say Network Dude? Some of the people I like best in this world never (hardly ever) agree with me, but they love the back and forth as much as I do. They like thinking, they're honest in their thinking and will argue passionately - but with respect. And some snark - but since I love snark it's all good :-)

Like you said - class. Also, integrity. And guess what? Sometimes they make me rethink stuff. Like now for instance:

In this post, I felt like this is the closest I have seen to common ground. I fully believe that Trump supporters are closely watching every move and hoping beyond hope that what he does is a positive move for the USA. There isn't some blanket approval given here, there is a watchful eye coupled with hope. So democrats, you aren't alone in your fear, you just choose to openly display the bad feelings, while we (the right) seem to openly display the good hopeful feelings. No, we aren't going to jump on the hate bandwagon and slam things that may or may not have happened, we will cautiously watch and defend the stupid, outright lies.

So, about this... I have friends and family that voted for Trump. They are not uninformed people - or unintelligent. We chalk it up to world views and fashion choices. The truth is, we all see things differently and we choose different methods to achieve similar goals. Which is pretty much what you would expect a girl scout to say

What you made me rethink is this idea that you guys (Team Trump) aren't anxious. I know you are - maybe even more than some of us leaning in other directions because you all committed to this in a big way, and some of it isn't exactly what you signed on for. There's more I could say about all this, but there's no point - there are hundreds of other threads yammering about all that anyhow

The Russia thing is never going to go away - doesn't matter if it's a fairy tale or for real. This is where we are in America right now - fact free, soaking in belief, hope, fear - emotions. No matter what happens in this next year (or sooner) one side will see it as justice, the other will see it as treason. So - we're f*****. Unless - people like you and me can keep talking

I realize the tone of the country isn't up to us, but the tone of ATS is completely up to us.

The tone in this country was lowered by social media. Directly. With some effort maybe we can turn things around

I'm not going to promise you sweetness and light - I think you made a bad call. So, you know :-)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It amazes me that we spend so much time fighting over an election that was rigged from beginning to end.

If Clinton and Trump were the only two people worthy of the Presidency in America, than our problems are much bigger than Hillary, Trump, the Russians, or the Chinese.

We need to turn our focus and our energy, toward the problems we have here in America, and how to fix them. We are being sold a bill of goods.

Some are hoping that Trump will bring back the factories to the US. Since the future of manufacturing is automation, bringing back factories isn't going to bring back enough jobs to fill the need.

Some say the factories are needed as a means of national security, because in the past our factories were retro fitted to support our needs during war time, but since such a large part of our arsenal is computerized, and the main holders of the needed components, are our potential enemies, having the factories here is not going to be of much benefit.

The hoopla about immigration is a distraction. Either you enforce the laws, or you grant amnesty and open the borders. We need to look at why they are creating friction with Mexico when Mexicans are not our biggest problems with immigration.

We are being hit with a global blitz and we are not paying attention. The working poor in America are not going to be able to keep the ship afloat the way we are going. We need to look closely at who is really at the helm of this ship, and exactly where they are taking us.

If we are all going to be headed for the life boats, we need to prepare. We may not be able to control the crash, but we may be able to control were we land, when we the ship sinks.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

excellent post.

We are being hit with a global blitz and we are not paying attention.

I think that can't be stressed enough right now. If we get distracted, we are screwed. We need unity, not division.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I'm not going to promise you sweetness and light - I think you made a bad call. So, you know :-)

Luckily, I have the luxury of KNOWING I'm right, so I can take the criticism.

Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Network dude is bragging, I just read his sub avatar.....he's bragging....ha....ha

I am also vastly wealthy, 6'5 and bullet proof. Since it's on the internet, it must be true.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Side note:

Good-day.

Your country only has a GDP of $2.5T and is a puppet state of the USA. Your military is basically our private goon squad running around the globe doing our bidding for us. Seriously, we even got you to invade Iraq roflWaffles

edit on 3/5/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Liar. We know you aren't wealthy Luke Cage.
edit on 5-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join