It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration to propose 'dramatic reductions' in foreign aid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Show me where the money we have given to these foreign nations has actually made it to the poor and destitute?

I am betting 10 to 1 odds the money never left the leaderships hands, or the hands of the cronies it has been given to for "administrative purposes".

Foreign aid is hogwash, and bribery.

Do you realize the destitute on Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) (SSI is around $560/mo) get $1100/mo in this country, and haven't seen a reasonable cost of living increase in a long, long time. ($1,100/mo, mind you, not every 2 weeks). ($1,100/mo = $6.87/hr on the avg 40hr work week)

Take the Foreign aid and give it to those on disability, at least it would be better spent. They might get to eat something more then raman, peanut butter and jelly, and stale bread from the discount bin at the local grocer.
edit on C17631749 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

And you Trump haters feel the urge to label anyone that disagrees with your mindset a Trumpet.

I said Trump lover not Trumpet.

BTW I didn't vote, but I see crybabys crying.

Like Trump does on Twitter every week.

Keep it up for 2 more years, dig your own grave. Republicans will become a super-majority.

They already are right now. If they don't get to fixing things soon they will only fall from their pedestal.

link   
a reply to: gortex

What a joke,the US humanitary aid consist's of CIA overthrowing government,wake up,use aid for their own benifit,to infiltrate,see how much money actually goes to the people,we need money back in the US,to take care of our poor,something overlooked for years,these liberals with their fake ads on TV,only thing being helped is a liberal's bank account

link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"We are going to propose to reduce foreign aid and we are going to propose to spend that money here,"

I agree, this is long over due. I know he's strengthened ties with Isreal, but we give them a billion dollars alone in foreign aid!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

"We are going to propose to reduce foreign aid and we are going to propose to spend that money here,"

I agree, this is long over due. I know he's strengthened ties with Isreal, but we give them a billion dollars alone in foreign aid!

It would be nice if he was referring to Israel. I will wait to see.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yup a complete joke.
Israel is a first world country. The fact the US gives money to them is a disgrace.

But they wont cut it cause god and jesus and holocaust ect

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ehh like I said, keep it up and plain and simple (R) will become a super-majority in 2018.

It's gonna be a real long 8 years for Trump haters.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It's about time the U.S. starts withholding " Tribute " to those who's " Friendship " must be Bought and Paid for by the American Tax Payer , and give Nothing in Return other than Contempt in some Cases .

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think his son-in-law will push him to ignore Israel's aid. I also think Saudi Arabia should have been added to the ban from travel into the U.S. based upon the nationality of the 9/11 hijackers, their country supports Sharia Law, in addition to their poor human rights record.

If he's going to cut foreign aid, do it across the board, and remove aid from countries like Israel who's military is strong enough to defend themselves!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a great idea. I believe that previous administrations tried to keep America as the shining beacon of financial hope and just kepted pumping money into the world, thinking that infrastructure at one point will be taken care of but seemingly forgotten.

Cut foreign and domestic funding all together. I said CUT not STOP, meaning a few very close key allies that pull their weight will get funding and as for domestic funding, a closer look at where the money is going, does it look like families are working to better themselves or becoming dependent? Program restrictions best serve to reduce depedancy. Increase stricter time limits, MANDATORY DRUG TEST and courtesy support, meaning you'll recieve financial support up to two weeks after your first day of work. Small incetives like this will be vital as currently, the incentives stop once your hired leading many people to drag their feet when looking for a job.

Back on topic, cutting the fat is nice. This is so exciting, to see America being responsible and invoking practical applications instead of fantasy laws and throwing money at the world cause you can.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

News-Flash: Military spending is pure waste and generates nothing but more debt.

Ummm...I know...Right...?

No pesky space program...or rockets for that matter...or jets...or laser beams...While we can shoot a missile out of the sky with concentrations of photons...we can also use those photons to slice away tumors...and excess body fat...

Smells of bacon...baby...

The internet that Al the...look the last polar bear on the last ice cube...Gore really did not invent...

Virtually every form of electronic or electromechanical to the merely mechanical...had it's genesis in some darpa facility...

So...while it's fun to speculate on what if...it's even more fun to play with some of that same tech...in it's present iteration of course...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Or maybe trump will fix the 2/3 of US planes that can't fly after Obama left office.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The only allies of the USA that pull there weight are tge UK, Canada, Australlia and new zealand......and we dont need foriegn aid

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yah sure, except the DOD just got 54 billions more to 'aid' foreigners... lulz

Ever get the feeling they are talking out both sides of their mouth at the same time?

Zero Hedge

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: slider1982

Has there ever been a more wasteful way to p1ss billions up the wall?

Other than the $54 Billion that disappears into the Black Budget hole every year probably not , although at least the money spent on foreign aid is accounted for.

It must make more sense to spend money on killing people rather than keeping them alive , mustn't it ?

I will be expecting Trump to start asking questions about the Black budget also, $54 Billion is a massive amount of cash and I doubt unless some very good reasons can be produced would that continue.

I would have zero issue if foreign aid money actually got to the people, a majority will end up in Government hands to spend on their cronies and maintaining their position.

I cannot think of one country that has had foreign aid that has turned the corner and is now a economical success?, in recent years anyway???..

It simply causes dependency and you then have a 45 year old still living in the basement that really should have got out and started on their own. Majority of African countries that have had major aid contributions are still despot sh1t holes, look at the level of asylum claims from Somalia for a idea. The money does sweet f#ck all..

As for the comment regarding the situation in the UK, it is a perfect example of how absurd aid contributions are and it was a well informed comment to highlight the problem. The UK is quickly turning into a bloody third world country FFS yet we sent millions abroad!!!!!!.

Lunatics running the asylum again...

RA

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
1. Be trillions of dollars in debt
2. Send money to rich bureaucrats in other countries
3. ??????????
4. Profit?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Losing reputation worldwide, making foreigners jelous of America and force stopping processes, which will cause America spend more money to aggressively attack its enemies.

Not a leftist, not an American here.
edit on 5 3 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Another point.

Between the USA and the rest of the west trillions have been poured into places like aftica.

And with no result! If anything things have got worse.

These countrys are not poor and broken because of lack of money.

They are poor and broken beacause there goverments are corrupt and evil. No amount of foreign aid will fix that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I partially agree with you. But I partially disagree with you.

The resultant of these two things (to give or not to give) has always benefit America.

Please excuse my poor (or not so poor) English.

There is a cost for foolishly giving, but there is an advantage in smart giving.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
1. Be trillions of dollars in debt
2. Send money to rich bureaucrats in other countries
3. ??????????
4. Profit?

Control.

If you take their money, you dance their tune.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join