It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration to propose 'dramatic reductions' in foreign aid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This announcement is over due IMO along with subsidizing some of America's largest corporations with tax payer dollars.
www.yahoo.com...

"We are going to propose to reduce foreign aid and we are going to propose to spend that money here," White House Office of Management Budget director Mick Mulvaney told Fox News on Saturday, adding the proposed cuts would include "fairly dramatic reductions in foreign aid."

edit on Sun Mar 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I felt disturbance in the Force, as if millions of librals suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced......

O wait they wont be silenced they will just cry out and keep crying because president ongo bongo of the republic of bongo bongo land needs western foreign aid to fund a new gold toliet or war with his neighber the democratic republic of oga oga land who is also recieving foriegn aid to fund the war.....
edit on 5-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Gotta pay for all those new tanks , bombs and planes somehow I guess.

Let the starving poor of the world starve , making Murica Great and tax cuts for the rich must come first.

Mulvaney said the Trump administration will release its budget proposal on March 16. Reuters has reported the administration planssignificant proposed cuts in many other domestic programs.

No doubt domestic programs targeted at helping the poor of the US , Bombs and tax cuts for the rich must come first.

link   
For those of you who think this will make any difference in your taxes and such...It won't change a thing.

All of that foreign aid is generated with money created from nothing, not taxpayer dollars, not money from anywhere else, but money from nowhere.

..More loans that will increase the national debt...

The money the liars are saying they'll spend here will still be created from nothing and drive down the value of every other dollar farther down still.

How ignorant are American's?...Very...

You're being lied to...

You're having smoke blown up your ass...

You love it, it tickles...

You wouldn't have it any other way.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: aqewrsf

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: aee

link   

I don't understand why we send so much money abroad when our infrastructure is literally crumbling.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Interesting. Imagine everybody does.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Foreign aid,

Has there ever been a more wasteful way to p1ss billions up the wall?, the mismanagement and down right blatant corruption is mind blowing.

I am not talking about sending aid after a natural disaster I mean the never ending stream of money being pumped into third world banana republic countries..

Just how much money is enough?, it would seem that no amount of money can resolve the economic and social issues in said countries.

Damn right these policies should be curtailed and that American tax payers should benefit from their own tax dollers, in a logical mind it is absurd to be giving money away when the situation locally is so bad. You now have areas of the US that look worse than the countries that are requesting funds.

Indeed the liberals will have a banchee fit over this but then that is common when some sense is applied to anything.

Time for countries to sort their own sh1t out and stop holding out a hand that never disappears..

RA
edit on 5-3-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Most foriegn doesnt help the poor.

It just funds corruption and BS.

Have you looked at the UK foreign aid budget?
Hundreds of millions are being sent to China and India!!!!! Two countrys with nuclear programs and space programs!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There is a lot of wasteful foreign aid that doesn't help anyone other than the already rich in those regions. That sort needs to be cut, but I have a feeling it will not be like that.

Make Bombs Great Again

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I get the impression from the tone of the thread that a lot of you think that spending resources on the military is some kind of an investment that yields something resembling some kind of a return...

News-Flash: Military spending is pure waste and generates nothing but more debt.

link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
This announcement is over due IMO along with subsidizing some of America's largest corporations with tax payer dollars.
www.yahoo.com...

"We are going to propose to reduce foreign aid and we are going to propose to spend that money here," White House Office of Management Budget director Mick Mulvaney told Fox News on Saturday, adding the proposed cuts would include "fairly dramatic reductions in foreign aid."

OK but that will also reduce America's influence in terms of trade deals and raw materials IMO. Given that America will be retreating from the world stage in direct contravention of Regan's foreign policy Viz the Caribbean basin initiative then this may be good.

Also note that a similar view is being taken in the UK...

This liberal is not crying!!
edit on 5-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

link   
a reply to: slider1982

Has there ever been a more wasteful way to p1ss billions up the wall?

Other than the $54 Billion that disappears into the Black Budget hole every year probably not , although at least the money spent on foreign aid is accounted for.

It must make more sense to spend money on killing people rather than keeping them alive , mustn't it ?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

No i agree.

I also think foriegn aid is BS too.

Foreign aid and milirary budgets need a good trim.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You literally cannot say something positive about any action Trump takes.

Do you realize liberals like yourself are driving non-voters like myself to start voting?

The 2018 midterms will be a complete meltdown for liberals, and I'll actually contribute to it for once since the year 2000, just to make you all cry more.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: slider1982

Has there ever been a more wasteful way to p1ss billions up the wall?

Other than the $54 Billion that disappears into the Black Budget hole every year probably not , although at least the money spent on foreign aid is accounted for.

It must make more sense to spend money on killing people rather than keeping them alive , mustn't it ?

The UK sends 200 million to china in foreign aid.

The UK education budget us short by 200 million......

Where would you like to see that 200 million put?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This thread is about US budget cuts not UK , perhaps you should start a thread on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You Trump lovers need to label everyone a liberal that doesn't praise Trump in all his failures.

BTW I voted Libertarian.

I think I have praised Trump once for something he did, but later I found out that turned out to be a failure as well. I will give him props if he ever deserves it.

edit on 5-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

When you buy friends it is allot like buying a whore IMO. As long as the money keeps coming they are friends indeed but alas let the cash flow ebb and you become just another dirty perverted man..

Also within Trumps own administration there are already signs that all is not well with the proposed cuts. Kinda wonder how long some of the appointees are going to last ?
www.washingtonpost.com... p_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The memo is part of an internal discussion among State Department offices about Tillerson’s response to the budget cuts. It does not come from him directly. But it confirms reports that the White House gave the State Department a initial budget proposal known as a “passback” that allots $34.6 billion for both the State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development in fiscal 2018. If enacted, that would be a 37 percent reduction from the fiscal 2017 level. The White House proposed $23.2 billion for foreign assistance, which is 38 percent below this year.

The old tried and true "But it is for National Security" is and will be played like a fine violin ....

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And you Trump haters feel the urge to label anyone that disagrees with your mindset a Trumpet.

BTW I didn't vote, but I see crybabys crying.

Keep it up for 2 more years, dig your own grave. Republicans will become a super-majority.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This thread is about US budget cuts not UK , perhaps you should start a thread on that.

Deflection.

Its the same principle.

The USA pisses money away on countrys that either dont need foreign aid or who abuse it too.
Meanwhile they have cities like detriot that are 3rd world, tent citys of homeless poping up everywhere and a education system that makes the UK's look desirable....

The same problems plague both our nations.

I am just standing with my american cousins on this.
edit on 5-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join