It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's really funny is that they gave this award to Obongo and look at what he has done to the US.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Well it's the only reason either of them would deserve one.

Let's be honest, anyone that is POTUS is hardly qualified for a "peace" award.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
May as well , they gave one to oduma .

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Obama got his "Noble Peace" prize while funding and supporting "moderate rebels" (aka ISIS) against the Syrian government and Russia.

This prize worth #e...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nominted for the peace prize. Somehow I think this is a setup. And the prize goes to Ronald McDonald.

Somehow, I just can't see this happening, but you never know, the Nobel Peace prize has been downgraded by obama's to the point of being with about a buck fifty.

I could see it going to Ronald McDonald, since Macdonald's seem to supply faux food that has something to do with peace if you eat enough of it, rest in peace that is. Oh, and Ronald has better hair lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/5.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

They - nominated him?

The same goes for US President Donald Trump, nominated by an unidentified American who wants the US leader recognised for "his peace through strength ideology".

This year's number of candidates is the next-highest since the prize was first awarded in 1901, second only to 2016 when 376 names were in the running.

One guy nominated him. Or possibly one gal :-)
edit on 3/5/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well Trump does have notable awards..

Like Politifact awarding his entire campaign the Lie of The Year Award....That was a first.

Yea, lying on a campaign (all politicians ever) is definitely comparable with bombing seven countries which includes women and children.

Trump and Co. have lied continuously throughout the campaign and while in office. And when they lie, wow. It is not anything normal in this case.

Trump is off to a ripping start on botching military ops.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Nobel prize is a joke.

Obama recieved a nobel prize for what?

Arming ISIS and continual war?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Obama deserved the peace Prize.

The deflection is thick here. Which is odd, one would think the Trumpets would just be happy. But after realizing this has about zero chance of happening, they will point out that it must be useless as Obama won one. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Not everyone agrees that Obama deserved the prize, including people on the Nobel committee itself. Personally I don't think any President is worthy of the award.

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.
Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr Obama.
Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.
Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr Obama himself had been surprised.
"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr Lundestad writes.
"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".
www.bbc.com...
edit on 5-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well Trump does have notable awards..

Like Politifact awarding his entire campaign the Lie of The Year Award....That was a first.

Yea, lying on a campaign (all politicians ever) is definitely comparable with bombing seven countries which includes women and children.

Trump and Co. have lied continuously throughout the campaign and while in office. And when they lie, wow. It is not anything normal in this case.

Trump is off to a ripping start on botching military ops.

All presidents lie, all candidates lie. Most of the recent presidents had military operations go wrong, or did you forget Benghazi? And losing Bin Laden in the Tora Bora battle?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

For bombing seven countries? Most if which we weren't at war with.

Wow.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: savemebarry

Well it's the only reason either of them would deserve one.

Let's be honest, anyone that is POTUS is hardly qualified for a "peace" award.

We need to define the term peace. Killing people, or refusing them entry.

It'd be a start.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Syrian White Helmet are more deserving imo.

wtf ???

You red that on some fake news site ?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: RomeByFire

Syrian White Helmet are more deserving imo.

wtf ???

You red that on some fake news site ?

You mean read? And no I've seen videos of them go in and save people knowing the area could very well be re bombed to target the.

And they volunteered, whereas sometimes we did those bombings.
edit on 5-3-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well it happened !!

They have nominated Donald J Trump for a Nobel Peace Prize !!

The main reason seems to be ....... wait for it.....

“vigorous peace through strength ideology, used as a threat weapon of deterrence against radical Islam, ISIS, nuclear Iran and Communist China.“

Remember when they handed out the Nobel Peace prize to people who had made major contributions to world peace and not just being the leader of the free world? Obama, now Trump, anyone would think the Nobel Committee have become complacent in their decision making...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

my advice to you is...do a little more digging on the white helmets. It's a joke...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Obama deserved the peace Prize

Really?

The former director of Norway’s Nobel Institute revealed this week that he regrets the committee’s decision to give the 2009 Nobel Peace award to President Obama.

Geil Lundestad, director at the institute for 25 years, said in his just-published memoir that he and the committee had unanimously decided to grant the award to Mr. Obama just after his election in 2009 more in hopes of aiding the American president to achieve his goals on nuclear disarmament, rather than in recognition of what Mr. Obama had already accomplished.

Looking back over Mr. Obama’s presidency, Mr. Lundestad said, granting him the award did not fulfill the committee’s expectations.

As I said in my first post on this thread, Nobel Peace prizes used to be handed out for what people had achieved, not what they might achieve.

Obama did not deserve it in the same way Trump doesn't....
edit on 5/3/17 by djz3ro because: I forgot to remove the part of relda's post I wasn't replying to...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Can I has a piece pies too?

I cans do good.

(where's that stupid kitty)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Someone sending a letter saying he should be nominated..Is not the same as being nominated.

FAKE NEWS:

www.snopes.com...

Beat me to it - yes, it's ... hyperbole. Someone sent a letter suggesting the nomination but he's not a nominee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join