It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-ed up charges cost American taxpayers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Byrd

So even though he'll end up costing a lot less than Obama, your beef is that he is staying in his own property? Do you really care about the tax payer, or is it just a beef with Trump you have. Better to be honest with your complaint than hide behind some faux outrage.

He's charging us for his staying on his own property.

By the way - Trump is not taking a salary either... did you comment on how good that was for tax payers, or did that slip your tax conscious mind? I am assuming you also have the specifics of the costs incurred by the hotels and are 100% sure that Trump is expensing it to the tax payers?

His $50,000 salary this year is 1/60th of the cost of his first trip to Mar-a-Lago.

I think it's very sweet that he says he's contributing 1/60th of the amount for his very first trip there (although if you checked his history of charitable donations you might start to get a bit skeptical.) Over 4 years we will retrieve 1/15th of the cost of his very first trip (not the rest) from his salary.

Yes, that's a sweet and generous and amazing gesture and we probably should announce it more that Trump is repaying 1/15th of the cost of his first trip.

Maybe Fox news will be interested in it?

He is not taking a salary.
As I said, he might be saving money to the tax payer by staying at his own resorts. Something you have not considered it seems.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Liberals are losing this thread.
Even when confronted with facts they keep coming back with yeah buts.
When you are wrong, it is best to admit it and go try to push your agenda in different thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: savemebarry

This is the same thing you guys do all the time in every thread, but somehow it's different because it involves your guy Trump? smh.

Carry on.

No deflection. Simply exposing hypocrisy.

It's more a case of calling out double standards which I think is fair enough. No one is going to be impressed with a person crying about Trump's cost to the tax payer, if at the same time there was not a peep about Obama's cost to the tax payer. That kind of partisan BS is not very impressive. Now, if the OP can point to a thread or comment they made complaining about Obama, or Bush or any of the other Presidents, then some credibility is due.

I agree.

Plus, double standards and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

The double standards and hypocrisy being Obama was bad for doing it according to many, but it's ok for Trump.

Or, that it was Ok for Obama but not for Trump.
You can't win the 'hypocrisy' argument unless you have a clean slate and have criticised or not commented on both.

Show me where I said anything was OK for Obama but not for Trump.

I didn't

That's why my argument stands and I'm not a hypocrite.

Try again.

Read the second sentence. I don't need to try again.

Oh, I read.

I don't need a "clean slate." I can criticize anything I wish. And if I don't say one is good while one is bad regarding the same thing, I'm not a hypocrite, because I am not advocating a double standard or hypocrisy.

Where did I say one was OK and one wasn't?

Like I said, try again.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: savemebarry

This is the same thing you guys do all the time in every thread, but somehow it's different because it involves your guy Trump? smh.

Carry on.

No deflection. Simply exposing hypocrisy.

It's more a case of calling out double standards which I think is fair enough. No one is going to be impressed with a person crying about Trump's cost to the tax payer, if at the same time there was not a peep about Obama's cost to the tax payer. That kind of partisan BS is not very impressive. Now, if the OP can point to a thread or comment they made complaining about Obama, or Bush or any of the other Presidents, then some credibility is due.

I agree.

Plus, double standards and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

The double standards and hypocrisy being Obama was bad for doing it according to many, but it's ok for Trump.

Or, that it was Ok for Obama but not for Trump.
You can't win the 'hypocrisy' argument unless you have a clean slate and have criticised or not commented on both.

Show me where I said anything was OK for Obama but not for Trump.

I didn't

That's why my argument stands and I'm not a hypocrite.

Try again.

Read the second sentence. I don't need to try again.

Oh, I read.

I don't need a "clean slate." I can criticize anything I wish. And if I don't say one is good while one is bad regarding the same thing, I'm not a hypocrite, because I am not advocating a double standard or hypocrisy.

Where did I say one was OK and one wasn't?

Like I said, try again.

Why would I try again when I didn't actually claim you said what you are accusing me of?
Now the best thing to try again is for you to try reading again. Go over it a few times so you don't jump off the deep end. lol

edit on 4/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump HAS to take a salary. It's the law, he would be in violation of the US Constitution if he didn't. He's free to donate that salary to the charity of his choice, if he wishes, but he not free to reject his salary or to change the amount of his salary.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You said:

Which was directed at me and my post(s).

You can't get off that easily.

Try. Again.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He has to take a salary. It's up to him to keep how much of that. He stated he will keep 1 dollar and give the rest to Treasury.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, ahem, Obama didn't even have a brand to promote.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ONE DOES NOT SPEAK ILL OF DEAR LEADER. WE MUST PARADE PERSONAL INSULTS TO THOSE WHO DONT ADORE DEAR LEADER.

MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You said:

Which was directed at me and my post(s).

You can't get off that easily.

Try. Again.

Read again.

Have you criticised both or criticised neither? If so then the sentence does not apply to you. The clue is in the sentence.

Happy to help, but if you still need guidance I am happy to 'try again'. I am a patient man when it comes to educating those that need help. Feel free to reach out.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Berns23

I didn't know that the "treasury" was a charity. Does that mean he's going to start paying 399,000 per year in taxes? It's about time he started paying taxes!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Berns23

I didn't know that the "treasury" was a charity. Does that mean he's going to start paying 399,000 per year in taxes? It's about time he started paying taxes!

Why, if he can legally avoid it?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Do you REALLY believe what you just said?

When foreign leaders went to Camp David, the whole system was in place. No private individuals gained money from it.

So the SS just took that time off? They left it up to the marines? Are you freaking kidding me?

Oh, and by the way, with 1 billion dollars you can spend $10,000 a day for about 274 years before going broke. He has 4 of those billions.
edit on 4-3-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I mean really?, what exactly would one expect from a "Business Douche"??.

Really?.

Anybody with half a brain would know better than to vote for a "Business Dick" after all of the ways so many of us have been ripped off by "business douchebags", like...Forever.

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
priebus got grounded and couldn't go with daddy for all the russia talk stealing the thunder from his speech to congress, and trump lied and said that he decided to stay on his own. I bet priebus gets fired, lol

what a clown car this administration is

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

How Many Millions of Dollars has Obama and his Family Cost the American Tax Payer in the Last 8 Years With their Numerous Vacations and Private Jet Trips ? ..... You are Crying about " Trump Change " here.........

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

We are not paying for the properties, we are paying for security. Just like for every other president annd their families. Every time Obama's kids wanted to go smoke pot and twerk, they also needed security.

Lol

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

How Many Millions of Dollars has Obama and his Family Cost the American Tax Payer in the Last 8 Years With their Numerous Vacations and Private Jet Trips ? ..... You are Crying about " Trump Change " here.........

see chart above. timing is everything, lol

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I mean really?, what exactly would one expect from a "Business Douche"??.

Really?.

Anybody with half a brain would know better than to vote for a "Business Dick" after all of the ways so many of us have been ripped off by "business douchebags", like...Forever.

Why do you hate business?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join