It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-ed up charges cost American taxpayers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Is there an actual source for the actual cost other than a CNN "journalists" opinion of the cost?

I mean hard raw numbers.

Also, from what I understand he continues to work while he's there, not vacation.

By now you've probably gathered that I don't like the idea that he's getting rich off us.

Seriously? The guy is a billionaire you know.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: savemebarry

NYT! CBS! RAWSTORY! FAKE NEWS!

There, I said it before all the Trumpet sniffers.

Some people just can't see or reason beyond their own denial and BS support.

ETA:

OBAMA! HILLARY!

Man, ATS really is a case study these days.

You gloat about posting such an obnoxious post? and have the audacity to claim others are sycophants?

Hahahahah

Just getting the BS outta the way because it ALWAYS comes as a means of justification or defense.

I don't see comparing the worst president or candidate, as being defence. More it is highlighting how weak the argument against Trump is. You're simply yelling at a man with matches, while conveniently forgetting the man who had a flame thrower. And he did indeed cost you a lot more, in every way. Most of which was in global conflict that Trump is eager to cease.

How much has Trump spent in keeping wars in the middle east, ongoing?

Oh but he is given presidential treatment, for shame. He's the president, you know. And thus far, trying to do a far better job of it than anyone else. Can't tackle him on policy (that you can argumentatively fault) so it's mud slinging... Maybe, oh only if, maybe Donald Duck had run for president, you'd all be happy.

Now you can deflect to your hearts content... that much is certain.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm all for exposing waste fraud and abuse of taxpayers funds, as long as it's unbiased and evenhanded. Including previous administrations.

edit on 4-3-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

This is the same thing you guys do all the time in every thread, but somehow it's different because it involves your guy Trump? smh.

Carry on.

No deflection. Simply exposing hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

We are not paying for the properties, we are paying for security. Just like for every other president annd their families. Every time Obama's kids wanted to go smoke pot and twerk, they also needed security.

We pay for his expenses to travel there, we pay for securities, anything he orders (which by the way he orders Trump steaks and Trump water (etc) (notice who's the supplier of these goodies) we pay for the Trump family products in Trump suites. The people who go down there that weekend also pay... and that money goes into Trump's pocket.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

This is the same thing you guys do all the time in every thread, but somehow it's different because it involves your guy Trump? smh.

Carry on.

It's more a case of calling out double standards which I think is fair enough. No one is going to be impressed with a person crying about Trump's cost to the tax payer, if at the same time there was not a peep about Obama's cost to the tax payer. That kind of partisan BS is not very impressive. Now, if the OP can point to a thread or comment they made complaining about Obama, or Bush or any of the other Presidents, then some credibility is due.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Woodcarver

We are not paying for the properties, we are paying for security. Just like for every other president annd their families. Every time Obama's kids wanted to go smoke pot and twerk, they also needed security.

We pay for his expenses to travel there, we pay for securities, anything he orders (which by the way he orders Trump steaks and Trump water (etc) (notice who's the supplier of these goodies) we pay for the Trump family products in Trump suites. The people who go down there that weekend also pay... and that money goes into Trump's pocket.

Are you saying that Trump is expensing and also getting people to pay at the same time? Double dipping?
Can you provide some evidence of such...?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Also, from what I understand he continues to work while he's there, not vacation.

On the golf course? Yes, every president who has gone to Camp David has worked from there. They've even played a round of golf or so on the courses. But the security there (Marines) was already in place so it didn't cost the US taxpayers anything above and beyond.

When foreign leaders went to Camp David, the whole system was in place. No private individuals gained money from it.

By now you've probably gathered that I don't like the idea that he's getting rich off us.

Seriously? The guy is a billionaire you know.

Yes...and if you don't have income as a billionaire, you don't stay a billionaire.

Rather than using US properties (as other presidents have done) he goes to his own properties (on the plane that we paid for) and that his company charges us for. I don't think they're giving us a discount, either.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Mar a Lago is Trump's house. He has every right to go to his house during the weekends. What's the fuss?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So even though he'll end up costing a lot less than Obama, your beef is that he is staying in his own property? Do you really care about the tax payer, or is it just a beef with Trump you have. Better to be honest with your complaint than hide behind some faux outrage.

By the way - Trump is not taking a salary either... did you comment on how good that was for tax payers, or did that slip your tax conscious mind? I am assuming you also have the specifics of the costs incurred by the hotels and are 100% sure that Trump is expensing it to the tax payers?
edit on 4/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And he cut 600M off the price of Air Force One.

Doesn't take a math expert to realize he's well ahead here.

I swear, lefties don't understand how a balance sheet works.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Carry on.

It's more a case of calling out double standards which I think is fair enough. No one is going to be impressed with a person crying about Trump's cost to the tax payer, if at the same time there was not a peep about Obama's cost to the tax payer. That kind of partisan BS is not very impressive. Now, if the OP can point to a thread or comment they made complaining about Obama, or Bush or any of the other Presidents, then some credibility is due.

I agree.

Plus, double standards and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

The double standards and hypocrisy being Obama was bad for doing it according to many, but it's ok for Trump.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Honestly, I think Donald is mad at everyone and is giving the American people the bird! (No pun intended Byrd lol)

"Take that stupid tax payers! Wanna see my tax returns...mumble, bumble....."

link   

Carry on.

I agree.

The double standards and hypocrisy being Obama was bad for doing it according to many, but it's ok for Trump.

Or, that it was Ok for Obama but not for Trump.
You can't win the 'hypocrisy' argument unless you have a clean slate and have criticised or not commented on both.

link   

Are you saying that Trump is expensing and also getting people to pay at the same time? Double dipping?
Can you provide some evidence of such...?

He buys products from his own companies and we pay for those products. He was doing it during his campaign and charged the Republicans for it.

We haven't yet seen the full tab for his going to Mar-a-Lago yet, and the White House budget page has been taken down by Trump

Now, I found a very fascinating Google Answers on "who pays for what for the president" -- I think you''ll enjoy reading the details. However, this is a short selection

Presidential Food Service provides worldwide food service, security,
and personal support to the President and First Family. Additionally,
they provide gourmet meals and support catered functions and Social
Aide Dinners for visiting Heads-of-State. Presidential Food Service
operates the White House Mess Executive dining rooms, provides a
carryout service, and provides complete catering coordination to the
White House complex. They also provide logistics coordination for
White House Mess personnel and valet services for Presidential trips
and events.?
WHITE HOUSE
www.whitehouse.gov...

Does the president get an expense account?

?Yes. Since 1949 a $50,000 annual expense account for official
purposes has been provided. Although the president's salary is
taxable, this expense account isn't. Since the president doesn't need
cab fare, it most commonly gets used to host meetings that don't fall
within the budget of another federal department or agency. The unused
portion is returned to the Treasury Department.

source

Now, in going to Mar-a-Lago and conducting SOME business there, it's a business trip. We, the taxpayer, pick up the tab.

Now take a look at what goodole Geroge Bush cost us...

THE PRESIDENTIAL SALARY FAQ
www.slate.com...

Currently, President Bush?s salary and perks (at taxpayers? expense)
looks like this:

$400,000; $50,000 expense account; $100,000 nontaxable for travel;
$19,000 official entertainment account; free housing

So a president should be fairly reasonable cost.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Honestly, I think Donald is mad at everyone and is giving the American people the bird! (No pun intended Byrd lol)

"Take that stupid tax payers! Wanna see my tax returns...mumble, bumble....."

Lol, I can see you are still hurting over those tax returns. I did tell you it would not make a difference to the election.. but you were so sure it would... Like I said at the time, no one really cares apart from people who would never vote or support him anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So you actually don't know the detail then?
Surprising considering the outrage.
Have you considered that the cost is actually going to be cheaper than another person's hotel / facility and that he is actually saving tax payers money? Just like not taking a salary... or have you just assumed the worst?

Read up the thread - Obama and family's annual cost was 20 times the amount the Royal family in the UK.. over $1bn.
I am sure you were outraged over that.
edit on 4/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So even though he'll end up costing a lot less than Obama, your beef is that he is staying in his own property? Do you really care about the tax payer, or is it just a beef with Trump you have. Better to be honest with your complaint than hide behind some faux outrage.

He's charging us for his staying on his own property.

By the way - Trump is not taking a salary either... did you comment on how good that was for tax payers, or did that slip your tax conscious mind? I am assuming you also have the specifics of the costs incurred by the hotels and are 100% sure that Trump is expensing it to the tax payers?

His $50,000 salary this year is 1/60th of the cost of his first trip to Mar-a-Lago.

I think it's very sweet that he says he's contributing 1/60th of the amount for his very first trip there (although if you checked his history of charitable donations you might start to get a bit skeptical.) Over 4 years we will retrieve 1/15th of the cost of his very first trip (not the rest) from his salary.

Yes, that's a sweet and generous and amazing gesture and we probably should announce it more that Trump is repaying 1/15th of the cost of his first trip.

Maybe Fox news will be interested in it?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Carry on.

I agree.

You can't win the 'hypocrisy' argument unless you have a clean slate and have criticised or not commented on both.

Show me where I said anything was OK for Obama but not for Trump.

I didn't

That's why my argument stands and I'm not a hypocrite.

Try again.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Carry on.

I agree.

Show me where I said anything was OK for Obama but not for Trump.

I didn't

That's why my argument stands and I'm not a hypocrite.

Try again.

Read the second sentence. I don't need to try again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join