It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Cases You've Never Heard of pt.3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This will probably be the last one, so I'll try to pick those I find most intriguing and interesting. I am aware that most of you will have already heard of these, but hopefully it can re-pique your interest, and for those that are reading these stories for the first time, enjoy.

Part 1
Part 2

7. Devil's Footprints

An interesting story from 1885. After a night of heavy snowfall, several towns woke up to strange footprints scattered everywhere. They were of a biped (walks upright) creature with U-shaped cloven hooves. The tracks themselves were only a few inches in diameter and the steps were about 8 inches apart, so a fairly small creature, but it was estimated that it travelled about 100 miles that night.

The strange part is how and where it traveled. It walked over everything in its path unobstructed, on the walls of narrow passages, over houses on top of the roofs, over large lakes and even what appears to be straight through walls.

The Devil's Footprints

The tracks covered a 100-mile course zigzagging from Topsham southward to the town of Totnes.  Each of the prints were exactly 8 1/2 inches apart and measured 4 inches long by 2 3/4 inches wide.  The prints were U-shaped.  Some indicate that the tracks had a split in the middle indicating a cloven hoof.  The prints were made in-line with each other further indicating that they were made by a 2-legged animal.  Each of the prints were extremely clear, as if they had been 'branded' into the snow (could this have been caused by freezing rain on top of the new snow?).

Townspeople immediately set out to discover the culprit.  Toting clubs, rakes, and other weapons, the people set off to find the monster that created the footprints.

The tracks appeared to follow no certain course.  In one case they led right up to a 12 foot wall, ended abruptly, and continued on the other side!  The snow at the top of the wall was not disturbed and a small gate on the wall was locked and secure.

In another instance the tracks led up to the Exe River (near the Powdersham Castle) where they suddenly ended.  On the other side the tracks continued as if the creature had swam (or walked) across the river.  This would have been quite a feat given the fact that at this point in the river, it was considered a 'bay' and was actually over 2 miles wide.  Of course details are sketchy on the entire incident so could it have been possible that the river was frozen at this time?

In another instance the tracks ended at the entry of a drain pipe and reappeared at the other end as if the animal had somehow passed through the pipe

Personally I wouldn't go as far as claiming Satan himself, but whatever it was, was quite peculiar and some of the theories just don't quite do it justice imo.
•••

8. The Bleeding House

One night an elderly couple witnessed something really strange. What appeared to be human blood randomly appeared all over their home. Mysteriously oozing from the ground, smeared across the walls and even found under appliances. Where did the blood come from?

The Bleeding House

Detective Steve Cartwright investigated the six bedroom brick house on the south side of Atlanta. The police searched the premises but were unable to find any signs of a break-in or someone hiding in the property. Given the amount of blood at the property, there were two things that Detective Cartwright was sure about that night: That what they were looking at was in fact blood and that it didn’t come from the Winstons.

In over 22 years of residence in 1114 Fountain Drive both Minnie and William had never experienced anything like they had that Tuesday night in 1987.  Pools of blood were found in their kitchen, as well as in their living room. It was on the floor of their bedroom, on the walls, and under appliances. Given the amount of blood they found, it appeared to have been placed, or dripped, on the spot from a very lively source. In other words, someone inside their home had been bleeding profusely.

Considering they were an elderly couple in a 6 bedroom house, it's highly possible that the blood came from an injured intruder, but why would anyone continue around the house heavily injured? Why would you continue to smear your blood everywhere? There didn't seem to be any sign of breaking into the home and their wasn't a blood trail leaving the home. how do you explain the mysterious "oozing" from the ground? They should probably do a DNA test.
•••

9. Dyatlov Pass Incident

You can chalk this next one up with strange/scary/bizarre/frightening/or all of the above. After 9 university students fail to come back from a hiking ski trip in the mountains, rescue helicopters go and search for them and stumble upon a grisly scene.

All the hikers were missing from the tent, the tent was still zipped closed but was cut open with a knife from the inside, all the belongings were left behind in what seemed like a scene of panic. What made them rush outside with little to no clothes barefooted?

Dyatlov Pass Incident

The first bodies — frostbitten and frozen stiff — were discovered lying in the snow on flat land near a river, a mile from the tent, next to the remains of a long burnt-out fire.

Around 350 yards away lay the corpse of Igor Dyatlov, the 23-year-old engineering student from Ural Polyetchnic who had put the expedition together and was its leader. (His name would later be given to the area where the tragedy took place.)

Nearby, a search dog sniffed out the remains of Zina Kolmogorova, 22, under four inches of snow, and then that of Rustem Slobodin. The bodies were in a line 200 yards apart, as if they had been trying to crawl behind each other back up to the shelter of the tent, but never made it.

Another two months went by before the rest of the group were found, under 15ft of snow in a den they had desperately hollowed out for themselves before succumbing to the cold.

Some of this group had broken bones and terrible internal injuries but, strangely, no external wounds, not even scratches on the skin.

Stranger still, odd bits of their clothing contained higher than normal levels of radiation.

Indeed, post-mortem examinations of all nine bodies threw up a string of bewildering anomalies. Why were some fully clothed, but others nearly naked? Most disconcerting of all was Lyudmilla Dubinina’s body, which was missing her tongue and eyes.

How the hell do you die from blunt force trauma with no external injuries? One died from a skull crush injury and one with smashed ribs. You're going to need your tinfoil hat for these theories.

Aliens? Bigfoot? Supersonic weapons? Psycho sexual rampage? Unknown natural phenomena? What in the world happened?
•••

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Dyatlov one I have heard about before but the other two nope new to me. The footprints one is a very strange tale indeed!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've known everything you've thrown out so far, but nice one for mixing up the thread list a bit.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
These have been great. Some I have read about, some not... but even the ones I do know of I enjoy reading/thinking about again.

The Dayatlov pass incident.... oddness for sure.

Thanks for bringing these up.

There is an odd case I would like to write about. Pretty sure there was a thread on it years ago though. Nothing supernatural, just a mystery.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That Dyatlov Pass story always fascinated the hell out of me!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You should definitely make that thread! The more non political threads the better.

To everyone else; thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What about in the western U S.......the disappearances in the national parks and this

I grew up in Wyoming.....in the fifth grade my bud gave a report...

There's mummies of little munchkins that were canabals according to the natives in the know.....just west of Casper there's a mountain .....smallish....in a cave one was found and then a matching one turned up in someone's house they had forever.......

Thought to be a taxidermy hoax they were just friggin real....the rib cage intact so perfectly......I heard about em in 1963........the natives had bad stories about em and stayed the hail away from that mountain....right in the middle of Wyoming.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I thnk the blood in the house could simply have been a bleeding animal. You get drops of blood from a bleeding nose.

The hooves are a fascinating one. I read about them in one of those UFO and mystery books. I thought it might have been a goat, but some of the hoove prints were on vertical walls.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Someone should just start another thread where ATS members can post obscure paranormal stories. I'd bet there are some new ones out there to be found. But feel compelled to post my favorite 2 here.
Hope the OP doesn't mind.
Disappearances in the Malta catacombs.

National Geographic, Aug. 1940 issue, told of several school children who had disappeared without a trace in the Hypogeum. British embassy worker Miss Lois Jessup convinced a guide to allow her to explore a 3-ft. square “burial chamber” next to the floor of the lowest room in the last [3rd] sub-level of the catacombs. He reluctantly agreed and she crawled through the passage until emerging on a cavern ledge overlooking a deep chasm. In total shock she saw a procession of TALL humanoids with white hair covering their bodies walking along another ledge about 50 feet down on the opposite wall of the chasm. Sensing her they collectively lifted their palms in her direction at which a strong “wind” began to blow through the cavern and something big, “slippery and wet” moved past her before she left in terror to the lower room, where the guide gave her a “knowing” look. Later she returned after the 30 school children and their teacher[s] had disappeared in the same passage that she had explored, only to find a new guide who denied any knowledge of the former guides’ employment there.Text

Full story here

And of course no discussion about crazy paranormal stories would complete without a mention of..
Mel's Hole
If you haven't gone down this rabbit hole I will give you a brief glimpse of whats in store for you...

Some of the Basque men noticed that the tumor seemed to be moving of its own accord, as if something was pushing out from within. Waters decided that the tumor needed to be cut open, and one intrepid fellow did the deed, releasing a creature that Waters described as looking like a “fetal seal” connected to the tumor inside the sheep with an umbilical cord.

Though this story has been pretty well discredited over they years it still makes for an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The Dayatlov pass incident??

WEATHER BALLOON!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Thats actually a good idea, and no I dont mind at all
I'm always interested in these stories so the more the merrier.

Wow those 2 stories you posted are crazy. Just picturing those tall white haired humanoids gave me the creeps.

I'm going to go into those 2 rabbit holes now, thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The last one I read a few years ago everything from drugs to ufos suggested

I think they saw something and it scared the he'll out a them the injuries and radiation ... I'll have to ask whatever they saw

The footprints how odd at exactly the same distance humans don't do that nor animals

But humans can do it tho if it was done intentionally hoaxers have been around forever and they do spend insane amounts of time for there hoaxes

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Weather balloons crossed my mind, I can't lie. They seem to be behind a lot of these conspiracies.

Those damn balloons!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Very interesting reads nice job s+f

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Fun series of threads, thanks for sharing.

Have you read about the random stairs in the woods discovered by park rangers?

I've only seen it discussed in a series of posts on reddit. But it was a fun read.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Omg I was just reading about the staircases in another tab. That's a freaky coincidence, like the staircases weren't already scaring me..

Unfortunately the stories from the SAR officer are all fiction. I tried to find separate stories to validate the staircase but I found nothing, everything usually leads back to that reddit page. But who knows, there might be some paranormal things involved..

I really wanted to find something on the staircases so I could make a thread about it.
edit on 4-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Me to!
I heard there was a theory of an avalanche being tossed around to close the case.

But when you think about, why would that girl be missing her tongue and eyes?

It has a cattle mutilation feel to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Nice threads keep up with that.

Have heard of some of the bleeding locations. As well as the ectoplasm(Fresno house) haunted locations, some of my favoritess to look into.
edit on 4-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Nice thread

The Devils Footprints were linked with the Spring Heeled Jack cases at one point , awesome case . The Dyatlov Pass incident is still one of my favourite subjects to this day and the theories about it make for some interesting reading too .

SnF

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

why would that girl be missing her tongue and eyes?

The whole story is odd. One explanation for the missing eyes and tongue I have heard is perhaps a crow or other type bird. The soft tissue would be easy and first to be scavenged.

It is possible but by no means offers any explanations as to what happened. I think also heir skin had an orangeish tint to it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join