It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Things Go A Little Dark, Or You Think You Are Wearing Rose Colored Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am posting this as a heads up for those that may ever come across this issue.

I have had problems with my eyes and vision since I was born. I have lived a quite normal life with the aide of contact lens, eyeglasses, and mentally adjusting to what I see and how I see it.

I have been waiting for over a year for a completion of my vitreous detachment, so I was not shocked to wake up to sepia vision in one eye.

It was so weird. With my left eye open and my right eye closed, it looked like midday. All bright and sunny. With my left eye closed and my right opened, even at midday, it looked like dusk, like evening with the sun going down.

I found out that it was not a vitreous detachment, though it may have contributed to the problem, but it was CSR, Central Serous Retinopathy.

After doing some research I found out it is very common, though more common in men than women. I was also lucky enough to have a doctor that is very conservative in his approach and he completely rejected the ER's suggestion of immediate surgery. I am so glad he is of the school of less is more.

According to my research, over half of the people treated, found laser surgery to be ineffective, even after multiple treatments, and most had to have surgery after numerous treatments. There were a good number of people that were able to resolve the issue without surgery or laser treatments.

I am posting this because it is believed that the earlier the problem is discovered, the easier it is to resolve.

So if you wake up seeing as if you are looking through sepia or rose colored glasses, go get it checked out.

www.aao.org...
edit on 4-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Just call me One Eyed Sue for now.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Best wishes to your restored and healthy sight!!!

While it seems you have retina inflammation, I suffer from the same in the Iris'. It's called Iritis, and is tough to manage in bright areas. I am supposed to be taking steroid drops for it, but rarely take synthetic meds and what not. I may be taking warning from your input here though, and maybe start looking into getting it better.

Your ATS name becomes more clear now!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
Thanks for the laugh. There are many things I love in this world and laughter is at the top of the list.

I have worked in the medical field for over 40 years and throughout my career, it seems the night sky before dawn has always been my umbrella coming or going to work.

It is my favorite sight.

new topics

join