It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about contacting the dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Judge one not by the answers he receives, but by the questions he asks."

Pardon me if this is a moronic question, but the one person that I know that would have the answer won't talk to me about this...and since I would probably find myself in some sort of trouble if I searched out the answer on my own, I decided to go with a source that I trust.

I've read and heard a lot about people getting back in touch with their lost loved ones through the use of mediums, psychics, and so on and so forth. I noticed that in these accounts the people being contacted were mostly related to the ones wishing to get in contact, e.g. as mothers, fathers, etc.

What I want to know is this:

Do you have to be related/connected in some way (blood or water) to the person you wish to reconnect with or can they just be people you know that have passed, like movie stars or whatnot?

Is there some sort of relation that you must have had with this person during their life to make it possible to speak with them, or is it open to anyone?

If there is, how deep of a relationship must it have been?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Why would you want to contact the dead? Are you trying to contact Kurt Cobain?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If movie stars won't talk to you in life, why would they bother in death?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i think the blood or personal connection helps when trying to contact a deceased persons energies. i think its the close connection that gives people the comfort of "hearing" from the other side.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yeah it does help supposedly if your related to the person you want to contact though on the other side supposedly there are people who its job is to try to contact us so you never know. I guess it all depends on how much you want to reach this person cause if you dont know what your doing you might end up with someone who just wants to lead you on and aren't really the person so it does help i guess to know the person well.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe it is easier to 'speak' with close loved ones, for they tend to care more about your life and goings on.
You may however, call upon anyone you wish, but they may not answer you the first or even second time. They are off doing things they care about. More often than not though, the past ones DO care about all humans in a loving and universal conciousness way and they WILL answer you.

I use a tecnique known as 'table tipping'. This needs at least 2 people to be involved, one as a 'battery' and one as a 'speaker'. The table WILL tip up on 2 leggs and tap down, one tap is a NO, two taps is a yes. When needing to say more than yes or no, words will be spelled out via the alphabet you normally use whatever your language, with the number matching the letters place in the alphabet. Like in English, A=1 tap, B=2 taps, C=3 taps......Z=26, kapeesh?
Having done this many times myself I know there is NO trickery involved. One must however BELIEVE. All people in the room must be putting forth good energy, white light, and belief. One negative person in the room spoils the entire event and it wont take place.
You must pray to your highest spiritual guides, to shed love and light on the process. You must ask for only beings in the light of Christ to step forth and speak.
I am gratefull to any being willing to come forth and share information and love. I have never attempted to conjur Elvis. You may ask the being what their name is, they will tell you.....you can ask them if they know so and so, and will so and so please speak to you. They just might, some passed over beings would jump at the chance to comunicate with the living.
This is not to be used like a weegee board asking questions like "will I be rich? when will I meet my soul mate? When will I die?" This process is to shed light on personal developement issues. It doesnt work in the 'fortune telling' mode, it only works to share love with those who are willing to guide your earthly progress.
If your asking the wrong questions it doesnt work and never will.
Try the wee gee board if thats your goal.Personally I think wee gee boards are dark energy and dangerous. Whereas table tipping is done in the light, to shed light. Its a lovely way to speak to passed family members.

try GOOGLE-ing up 'Table Tipping' and see where that leads you.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
One of the last things Thomas Edison was working on was a device which he claimed could be used to communicate with the dead, he patented the device and claimed he had some success with it. Interesting to note is that alot of the elite and prominent scientists have pretty firmly believed in being able to make contact with mechanical devices. I am not sure but I think Edison's idea worked via the same principles as a crystal radio.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
are you contacting a family member or just any lost soul?
be careful... be prepared... and be warned.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
One of the last things Thomas Edison was working on was a device which he claimed could be used to communicate with the dead, he patented the device and claimed he had some success with it. Interesting to note is that alot of the elite and prominent scientists have pretty firmly believed in being able to make contact with mechanical devices. I am not sure but I think Edison's idea worked via the same principles as a crystal radio.

Thats very interesting twitchy, do you have a link i could read? The reason I think its interesting is because I think technology would allow us to do exactly what Edison patented. The reason I think so? Well they've emulated human organs (digital camera - eye, speakers, microphones, etc - ear drum, voice box). Why wouldn't they be able to emulate talk between the dead and undead using modern day technology? Remember technology has been supressed time after time, id love to know what they never plan to release.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No, you don't have to be related at all. And also, you may be related and not even have known the person. One step farther - the person doesn't even have to be dead. (yep, it's true)

I wouldn't bother trying to reach a moviestar or something, not unless you had what I would consider an unnormal attatchment to them or were actualy a friend or had some reason other than their living status. It is love that bridges that bridge between here and there - love or reason.

It is open to anyone, no real relation or connection nesaccary, but chances are, a movie star isn't going to be their waiting to hear from you nor are they going to be anxious to respond to another fan.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Linux I will dig around and see if I can get a patent number on it for you, i do know it was one of the last patents he filed, if not THE last, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the helpful replies. =)

A few people have asked me if I wanted to talk to Kurt Cobain and thus my question.

I'll be honest, the thought has crossed my mind several times, but he wasn't the only one that I was thinking of. I'm sure I'll get lectured on how not to use such a powerful ability to contact some rock star, but he's rather important to me and...well, I'd rather not go into it, lest I be called a pathetic little fangirl.

Oh, and as for what AngelaLadyS said...what do you mean by "the person doesn't even have to be dead"? Can you do the whole table-tipping thing with a live person or something like that?

Excuse me for being so naive.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeCreep
Oh, and as for what AngelaLadyS said...what do you mean by "the person doesn't even have to be dead"? Can you do the whole table-tipping thing with a live person or something like that?
Excuse me for being so naive.

LOL. I've never done or seen table tipping. I assumed it was a hoax thing. LOL.
The living, especialy when sleeping are just as able to recieve and send and feel. Remember - we are just like them! Living and dead - we are all the same. We are energy. Alive we are limited by our bodies and almsot trapped you might say. Once we 'die', we are more free, more open, more able and more knowledgeable.
It happens much more often than you might think. Maybe you are very lonely for someone, thinking about them as you fall asleep. (You know ladies - that cry yourself to sleep thing...)
Anyway - often, after telling that person later how you were so lonely for them, or that you had been thinking about them at a particular time - many times they would respond with, "I was thinking about you to", or "I dreamed about you", "I thought I smelled your perfume, but when I looked you weren't there".

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh. I get it.
I never thought of that sort of experience like it was communicating with the living much like the dead. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeCreep
Oh. I get it.
I never thought of that sort of experience like it was communicating with the living much like the dead. Interesting.

LOL. Most of the communication with the dead is like that. They don't generaly have long detailed conversations. lol
You get a smell, feelings, ideas, thoughts, images, a few words or fragmented sentences or ideas - but it's not like a conversation usualy. The longer 'word/sentence' messages are very hard to 'hear' clearly for the most part.

It almost always starts with the thought or smell...sometimes an image and les often like someone just says something to you when your not prepared or didn't know they were there - then you miss what was said mostly.

new topics

top topics

join