It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump claims Barack Obama ‘had his wires tapped in Trump Tower before US election win’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: peter vlar

President Obama has gotten away with wire-tapping phones in the past.

Excerpt from: www.telegraph.co.uk... (dated October 2013)

""President Barack Obama was dragged into the trans-Atlantic spying row after it was claimed he personally authorised the monitoring of Angela Merkel’s phone three years ago.

The president allegedly allowed US intelligence to listen to calls from the German Chancellor’s mobile phone after he was briefed on the operation by Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), in 2010."

That's just one instance, pulled up by a quick Google search. It's no wonder that Obama felt no inhibition with installing eavesdropping devices on Candidate/President Trump phones...and likely in other areas of Trump's residence, jet plane, business locations, etc.. as well.

I'm curious where he obtained his magic powers to order this 6 years before taking office?

Obama LEARNED by association and being briefed. You or I could do the same thing, if we were President. Most likely, the full extent of President Obama's spy activities will never be known. Hopefully he was smart enough to cover most of his tracks.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Trump himself, reveals to the world that somene at Trump Towers was put under surveillance

Although the target is unknown, the 'why' is : an investigation into supposed Russian influence during the election.

Within the scope of that investigation, a sufficiently 'interresting' contact between someone at TT and Russia was picked up and added to the 'watch list'

And that's all we know for sure right now.

What's troubling with this story is evidently the Trump lies:

It's not Trump the wiretapperee: it was someone at Trump Towers
Presidents can't decide on a whim to shadow people: there are checks and balances for that

Most troubling still, is that if the original investigation is still ongoing,
has Trump just blabbed critical information with the intent of railroading it ?

As an aside; Interesting to see another pattern emmerging
Mark Levin speaks on Thursday, Breitbart prints a summary Friday, Trump tweets a re-hash on Saturday

No echo chamber at the WH ...
edit on 5/3/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: butcherguy

Care to link the evidence?

It has been known for some time now that Trump Tower had been tapped in October of 2016 through a FISA court warrant.
Plenty of people are saying that Obama did not request the tap. That would mean that Obama had an Attorney General that would request a phone tap on a Presidential candidate less that one month before the election.
I guess the buck does not stop with Obama.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
... to repeat the facts.

What a wiretap on any private citizen means is that they are a target of an ongoing investigation and a judge ordered surveillance.

If Trump got tapped, he was the subject of an investigation.

Mr. Trump did one of two things: he either confirmed that he was/is under investigation ... or he repeats baseless conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... to repeat the facts.

What a wiretap on any private citizen means is that they are a target of an ongoing investigation and a judge ordered surveillance.

Mr. Trump did one of two things: he either confirmed that he was/is under investigation ... or he repeats baseless conspiracy theories.

Trump Tower was tapped.
The first FISA court warrant request was denied.... a rare occurrence, and the target was Donald Trump.
The second request did not list Trump as the targetand it was granted.
The fact remains that the Republican candidate for POTUS had his residence under surveillance electronically less than a month before the election.
Is this something that we want Trump doing to the next batch of candidates?
I don't.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You don't want someone who passes judicial muster as being involved in Federal crimes monitored?

There has to be "reasonable cause" in an on-going investigation for a wiretap to be ordered by a judge.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

a reply to: peter vlar

President Obama has gotten away with wire-tapping phones in the past.

Excerpt from: www.telegraph.co.uk... (dated October 2013)

""President Barack Obama was dragged into the trans-Atlantic spying row after it was claimed he personally authorised the monitoring of Angela Merkel’s phone three years ago.

The president allegedly allowed US intelligence to listen to calls from the German Chancellor’s mobile phone after he was briefed on the operation by Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency (NSA), in 2010."

That's just one instance, pulled up by a quick Google search. It's no wonder that Obama felt no inhibition with installing eavesdropping devices on Candidate/President Trump phones...and likely in other areas of Trump's residence, jet plane, business locations, etc.. as well.

I'm curious where he obtained his magic powers to order this 6 years before taking office?

Obama LEARNED by association and being briefed.

I'm not debating that part, but let's be honest here. My initial claim was that it isn't legal for a sitting president to arbitrarily order that type of surveillance on American citizens on American soil. Your response was to show that he has done it and cited the example of Angela Merkel. She's not a US citizen and that surveillance began under W at the request of the FBI who obtained a warrant through a FISA hearing.

You or I could do the same thing, if we were President.

What? Be briefed on ongoing surveillance of foreign leader? Probably so. It still isn't evidence that he personally ordered illegal wiretapping Of American citizens.

Most likely, the full extent of President Obama's spy activities will never be known.

Probably not. But speculating based personal feelings isn't the same as showing evidence.

Hopefully he was smart enough to cover most of his tracks.

I hope not. If he did something that egregious, I would be all too happy to see him locks up for it. Just like 90% of all politicians (and I'm probably being generous offering 10% up as not complete crooks) should probably be in a cage

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

... to repeat the facts.

Cool, so next round of elections you will be fine with random accusations to weaponize our intelligence agencies against the next DNC candidate? That's basically what happened to Trump, add in the media. Should be an easy win for the RNC now that they can just run a monopoly on the presidency using our government against the DNC candidates. They just gotta make sure they never lose again. Dangerous times ahead.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Lol. I can't believe that there are people operating like there is any shred of credibility to these claims. This is literally Trump trying to distract from his Russian troubles.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You don't want someone who passes judicial muster as being involved in Federal crimes monitored?

There has to be "reasonable cause" in an on-going investigation for a wiretap to be ordered by a judge.

Then you would agree that there was reasonable cause for the FISA court to approve the monitoring of any Americans telephone calls by way of the NSA and cell phone providers?

Because that happened.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

... to repeat the facts.

Cool, so next round of elections you will be fine with random accusations to weaponize our intelligence agencies against the next DNC candidate? That's basically what happened to Trump, add in the media. Should be an easy win for the RNC now that they can just run a monopoly on the presidency using our government against the DNC candidates. They just gotta make sure they never lose again. Dangerous times ahead.

The DNC voter fraud. Trying to pump as many welfare illegals into every county to try and take over the country by voter fraud. Obama busing them throughout the US.

If anyone is trying to fix elections it's the DNC for sure.

edit on 6-3-2017 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's my understanding that Michael Flynn talked to the Russian ambassador from Trump Tower. How would anyone know that unless a) Someone leaked that information to the press or b) Trump Tower phone lines were tapped?

So which one is it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join