It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ongoing rhetoric against the media is dangerous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A big fat NO to you sir. But, what is dangerous are the people that continue to defend a obviously corrupt media that doesn't have the best interest of the public, and is constantly being bought out by special interests.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is usually some truth to what the Media says, but it is most often twisted to make it appear to support a certain point. Deciphering what is really happening can usually be aided by not making an opinion in the first few paragraphs and open mindedly reading the rest of the article. Disregard the title too, it often is an overkill or not even applicable to the information provided.

The intent of the author to express what they want us to see is what Newspapers and other media are great at. They were created to condition people, but people do not realize that. People think that the media tells us the truth, what they do is to make us think something is going on and to focus us on what they want us to believe.

Right now, the Trump Administration and the Media are on odds about how the conditioning should be done. The Democratic powerhouse has got control of most of the media. This is very dangerous, Our country needs to observe conservatism and not just liberal aspects. Liberals tend to think they can do things and not evaluate risk. Our societies throughout history have crumbled from liberalism, throwing out caution that is founded.

Our country will fail if the Liberals have too much control, there is no doubt in my mind about that. They go way overboard with things and they believe that people will change from their evil ways and follow them. Those evil people will just take over, Liberals have been suckers a lot in our history. They trust too much in deceivers. Actors tend to sway liberal, they are people who make money making people think they are something they are not. Even the voices of famous Singers are altered somewhat now to make them sound much better, they can do that by altering the frequencies of voices. Are all liberals deceivers, of course not. But a lot more deceivers join in with liberals that with conservatives.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I agree, but i think the danger also lies in the threat to free speech. If Democrats are going to suppress conservative outlets, that is dangerous insofar as it marginalises the voices of certain people while undermining the very foundations of free speech and the freedom of the press. The same goes when it is Republicans suppressing liberal outlets.

I agree. I believe it's another aspect of 727Sky's double edged sword.

If we have 'free speech' not one word should be uttered profaning my Political Incorrectness. It's like the rules around here (to a degree). One doesn't color the member when addressing the subject of the OP. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to laff at people when their ideas don't measure up to my expectations.

S&F for the discussion.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

My friend I have seen the likes of the BBC CNN et al socially engineer the gullible public into being a malleable force the Globalist Sloths can manipulate into manufactured wars where their sons and daughters are slaughtered so the Elites can steal more wealth,resources and territory.

When they are called out for being the grovelling sycophantic propaganda arm of the insidious hierarchy of the Globalist Elites it is far from being"disgusting and dangerous" but more like poetic justice and a very mild one at that,afterall they have peddled lies that caused the preventable murder of innocent civilians in far off lands and stoked up racial tension so much so that America has become fractured with division.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It is disgusting, and it is dangerous. If you don't like these outlets, don't watch them.

I don't like them ... and I don't watch them.

People just bring it up over and over again ... and we can't seem to let it go.

Great!

And as for it being dangerous: It seems that one (political) side has dominance over the MSM. Attacking the MSM is only dangerous the 'that side' of the political agenda. The MSM make it out to be an Us -vs- Them ... a Conservative -vs- Progressive argument ... what they're not forthcoming with is that it's a Nationalist -vs- NWO thing. It's that lack of truth that people despise.

And ... I think people are so tired of being lied to ... that they're simply done with MSM. It's a new dawn ... the rise of Alternative News. People like Mark Dice ... and their ability to portray the uninformed in the glaring light of stoopidity ... will be the new norm.

I'm fine with that.

I agree, but i think the danger also lies in the threat to free speech. If Democrats are going to suppress conservative outlets, that is dangerous insofar as it marginalises the voices of certain people while undermining the very foundations of free speech and the freedom of the press. The same goes when it is Republicans suppressing liberal outlets.

In saying that, i think the likes of Mark Dice are just a biased as any partisan media outlet. To see new forms of media emerging is a good thing, but a healthy dose of scepticism and criticism is welcome in every situation. If people start eating up everything Mark Dice says, things will remain just as bad as they are in terms of media consumption.

I propose extreme vetting for stories. No innuendos or un verfied statements allowwed. They have a responsibility to report factual news. and if it could not stand in court as evidence it should be blocked. The first does not gurantee you a right to lie to others. when you lie to others you violate their rights in some way.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a obviously corrupt media that doesn't have the best interest of the public, and is constantly being bought out by special interests

So we should have no media and let special interests do all their corruption in secret?!

The Republicans would love that. This is the main reason they complain about the media all the time, because they expose their evil.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute
There is even some controversy on how true that statement attributed to John Swinton actually is.

The media is more of a reflection of who and what we are, and what we want to believe.

People have viewed the media with skepticism and have known for quite a while what their true role is. Movies like "Network" and "Wag The Dog" only played on what the people already knew to be true about the media.

It did not take long for TPTB to take control of all the media, and it won't take long for them to suck in all those alternative media folks that reach a group of followers above a certain number. Look at Glenn Beck and a few others. They will use them and spit them out like a cherry.

You can't trust many of the alternative media sites either. They are either paid members of the long con or used to their advantage.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rhetoric against media organizations that have clearly gone into the tank for an ideology versus reporting facts and letting people make up their own minds is not dangerous at all...

I would argue that it is healthier for the populace to remain skeptical going forward.

The suppression of speech by normal folks against normal folks is a far greater danger to the republic in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

How do we go about getting unbiased news outlets? The U.S. is composed of a two party system. The owners of these news outlets align themselves with a particular party. The viewer has a choice to watch conservative leaning or liberal leaning news. Do we really have an Independent news source? One that can agree or disagree with both liberal and conservative views?

Maybe if the U.S. would get rid of the 2-party system altogether it would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The fact is, NO news agency should be saying ANYTHING that "you don't agree with"

Facts are facts, you can't agree or disagree with facts.

News agencies should be dealing ONLY in facts.

Once they start telling 'stories' that the reader/viewer can disagree with, they're no longer news agencies.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
CNN and the New York Times are a danger to this country because they constantly weaken it. They are domestic terrorists. America will be far better off without either one of those two.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
CNN and the New York Times are a danger to this country because they constantly weaken it. They are domestic terrorists. America will be far better off without either one of those two.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

People simply want unbiased news outlets, that's it. Calling for the end of biased news networks is what everyone should want.

We have them. The consensus, going by how much very partisian organizations cite each reveals that reuters, the hill, politico, and surprisingly even CNN are the closest to center news organizations we have.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The fact is, NO news agency should be saying ANYTHING that "you don't agree with"

Facts are facts, you can't agree or disagree with facts.

News agencies should be dealing ONLY in facts.

Once they start telling 'stories' that the reader/viewer can disagree with, they're no longer news agencies.

When people are presented with just the facts, minus the analysis, editorials, and entertaining commentary, they fall victim to whatever their constituency is presenting as the truth of the matter.

People have gotten used to people telling them what to do and think. Whether it comes from the matriarch or patriarch of the house, the media, or from the pulpit; too many people want to be told what is supposed to be the truth, and what they should believe.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All the msm has been # for a long long time. Its dangerous having the big media spin politics and be mouthpieces for the state. Its not even a left / right thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

John Swinton on the Free Press:

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honor at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:
“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with.
Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”

Amen. Great example. These presstitutes are not impartial and have a specific goal in mind. They are working for their overlords to create, shape and control opinions. They were a lot more dangerous in the times before the internet. But we are slowly taking back the freedom of information.

I personally don't think they should be silenced. With the light of truth being shown on them now, every time they open their mouth to preach to us lowly peasants what to think, they are doing more harm to their cause.

Now if we could just get them to show their funding, heads would explode.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yeah, well, ya know that's just like ahhh.... your opinion maan

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Why does it have to be geared to one partisan side or the other? Oh, because the interests that fund these networks MSM and Alt news the same tie in their bias to the news. I agree where when shutting down either side, MSM or ALT, can be dangerous. Rather people need to become, as many are, aware to what is being twisted and turned for agenda means in the news they read and hear.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapitaland calling the media the enemy of the people.

They are, in their current incarnation. People are not saying the media is inherently bad and the enemy, just the way they currently operate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join