It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm sure your right-wing media sources are better. They have great stories, like the one about Obama's birth certificate being fabricated.

link   

I gave you two sources, Salon and Slate. I quoted what I did from Salon because it was summed up in a more condensed manner, but you can find the same information in the Slate article.

The group, CrowdStrike, that discovered the servers were hired to seek out malware related to the Russian DNC hacks, when they stumbled upon the Trump server. This is also a well known fact.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: introvert

The only thing I am sure of at this point, is that it is being speculated that Trump may have inadvertently set himself up for potential problems, because he may have revealed classified info with his tweet.

Hint hint, the election is over, remember?
Trump won.

Now POTUS, he has the authority to declassify.

Which he does by formal action, not blathering on Twitter.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Correctly accusing Obama.

In June, the Obama Justice Department submitted an application that apparently “named” Trump in addition to some of his associates. As I have stressed, it is unclear whether “named” in this context indicates that Trump himself was cited as a person the Justice Department was alleging was a Russian agent whom it wanted to surveil. It could instead mean that Trump’s name was merely mentioned in an application that sought to conduct surveillance on other alleged Russian agents. President Trump’s tweets on Saturday claimed that “President Obama . . . tapp[ed] my phones[,]” which makes it more likely that Trump was targeted for surveillance, rather than merely mentioned in the application. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

Which was turned down.

Not taking no for an answer, the Obama Justice Department evidently returned to the FISA court in October 2016, the critical final weeks of the presidential campaign. This time, the Justice Department submitted a narrowly tailored application that did not mention Trump. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

Rather an odd thing to do in the final days of a presidency.

Bottom line.

Obama spied on Trump.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: SBMcG
Former Attorney General Mukasey agrees with Trump -- there likely WAS surveillance!

You left out a pretty important part of the article:

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey on Sunday said that President Trump is likely correct that there was surveillance on Trump Tower for intelligence purposes, but incorrect in accusing former President Barack Obama of ordering the wiretapping.

Right, it was most likely ordered by the DOJ. You know, those people like Lynch that worked with Obama, that met with Bill clinton on a tarmac (and only admitted it because a reporter found out) while investigating hillary.

The idea that Obama didn't know about the FISA requests is laughable. Are we really assuming the DOJ went rogue, attempted to wiretap Trump tower, and Obama had no idea?

Just because Obama didn't order the tap, he knew of them and could have stopped them, and it was his people that ordered the tap.

link   

The only thing I am sure of at this point, is that it is being speculated that Trump may have inadvertently set himself up for potential problems, because he may have revealed classified info with his tweet.

Hint hint, the election is over, remember?
Trump won.

Now POTUS, he has the authority to declassify.

Yes, he does.

I was only talking about the speculation of such issues.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Executive Privilege, he is the only one that can do it.

Savor that for a moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I'm sure your right-wing media sources are better. They have great stories, like the one about Obama's birth certificate being fabricated.

They sure are.

The birther movement does indeed have Democratic roots, long before Mr. Trump ever brought it up and made it an issue.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Careful, some folks get insulted when one points out facts like that.

Wouldn't want you to be called down for "hypocrisy."

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They sure are.

The birther movement does indeed have Democratic roots, long before Mr. Trump ever brought it up and made it an issue.

www.washingtontimes.com...

He says, as he quotes a well-known source with right-wing bias.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Anyway ... Obozo tapped The Don's comms ... and someone from Obozo's team (if not the Obozo himself) is gonna go to jail.

Well, this is a real nail biter all right - but I think one team is a wee bit more delusional than the next

I might be biased :-)

Assuming that Obama and his administration, the dark forces of the Deep State, and whoever else might see some justification in tapping Donnie's special private places (and who are also in a position to do so) it would make sense that they just went ahead and did so. An observant person at this point should begin to realize that things aren't looking too swell for The Toddler King

Firings, folks recusing themselves from positions where they might've actually been able to lend a hand, people turning down military jobs - conservatives and liberals asking for an investigation (which was already started a while back - let's just be honest). Then, holy cow! Bannon and Priebus tossed off Florida One! Each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way I guess :-)

Just for grins Snarl:

Trump's Russian/Kremlin Connections (with Citations & Links)

Breaking: another Ukrainian in the convoluted Trump-Putin story has died

Have You Noticed? Russian Diplomats "Dying Suddenly" All Over the Place

Obama admin saved Brit & Dutch intel on Russia contacts to prevent cover up

My favorite, even though it's just opinion:

Intelligence expert on Trump rants: 'target starts getting buggy, because he knows that he's caught'

All Daily Kos cause it was easy, but all of this verifiable - or not so much?

Like I said in the post you quoted - dark times for all of us. This is not a good place. But, as long as we're here - we in the peanut gallery get to let our imaginations run wild

:-)

edit on 3/5/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: always the small stuff

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Still though .. any backup for the National Review's unsubstantiated claims?

2nd request.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

From 2007.

And not a 'right winger'.

link   

Yes, he does.

I was only talking about the speculation of such issues.

And who is speculating on that?

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: SBMcG

But he had to not only know about, but approve of, the two FISA requests to -- Drum Roll Please! -- wiretap Trump.

No, that would be a Judge's job.

That was established in the first 5 pages.

No it wasn't. How do you know failed buffoon Obama didn't ORDER it?

You don't.

In the last 24 hours I have heard even leftist Obama supports express their reservations about the fact that after the first FISA request was turned down, someone ordered that it be re-submitted.

If Obama didn't know that was going on, then he's even more inept than I thought he was.
edit on 5-3-2017 by SBMcG because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Executive Privilege, he is the only one that can do it.

Savor that for a moment.

Could you point me to the law that says he can do it on an unofficial Twitter account?

Thanks.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

I see many of you moving the goal posts now to "Obama must have known"...

Too bad that's not what Trump alleged.
twitter.com...

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You're quoting Chris Matthews?

LOL.

My work is done here ...

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think people's hate for Trump is clouding their vision. You'd have to be a fool to believe Trump wasn't being surveilled by the Obama administration. And to think Trump would just make this accusation out of thin air, ridiculous. Trump isn't a saint, but Obama sure as hell isn't either, thinking Obama would be above spying on Trump, incredibly naive.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How about judges don't issue warrants without probable cause?
If there was a tap (I don't believe there was) then it means the justice dept thinks there's a crook in trump tower.
Lose/lose for trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join