It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So, they used the Russians to set up a legal way to spy on the Trump campaign and activities in Trump tower?

Spying on the opposition seeking to take Obama's office while promising to undo many of his legacy policies... No motive there?

This is some serious stuff.

Wow

There are so many intellectual backflips and barrel-rolls in that you should be in the Olympics.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

We don't know that - hence an investigation.

Then why are you saying Obama is in trouble, etc?

You don't have any details.

Of course he is in trouble. He is going to be dragged through Congressional hearings that will drag on for months. He'll be subject to questioning that he is not going to be comfortable with. He may not be indicted, but he is nonetheless going to be investigated. Just like Hillary was in trouble, but ultimately not indicted.

If he did not do what is claimed, how would that be trouble for him?

Just because the Republicans enjoy a good witch hunt does not mean he is in trouble.

I'd suggest that being dragged through Congressional hearings in front of the world is going to be troubling for him - innocent or guilty.

On the contrary: he is very eloquent and will be able to use the hearings to explain why the intelligence establishment suspects that Donald trump is being controlled by Russian intelligence. Even if it turns out that Trump is innocent, the question will be raised over and over again. Trump is crazy to give the bully pulpit over to President Obama.

Let the hearings begin. Let's get it all out in the open. God help those that were using executive power to spy on an opposition party if they have nothing. Either they have something and we've not seen it because they are using it behind the scenes or they have been lying to the American public about this whole Russian narrative in order to provide an excuse for spying and a way to undermine the President.

Trump just called their bluff.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wishful thinking, it will only prove that Obama wiretapped Trump for Hillary advantage to help her in her campaign and got caught.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme

of course you are
"there is no investigation it is a probe"

there is a paper trail for what the former potus has done

this will make nixon look like a boy scout in comparison

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So, they used the Russians to set up a legal way to spy on the Trump campaign and activities in Trump tower?

Spying on the opposition seeking to take Obama's office while promising to undo many of his legacy policies... No motive there?

This is some serious stuff.

Wow

There are so many intellectual backflips and barrel-rolls in that you should be in the Olympics.

Actually it captures the essence of the accusations quite well.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
anyone here think it is ok for the us govt to spy on its citizens?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wishful thinking, it will only prove that Obama wiretapped Trump for Hillary advantage to help her in her campaign and got caught.

I find it hilarious that you and the other Trump Tru-Believers here are now on record with this garbage.

This circus is not going to distract from Mr. Trump's incompetency, irrationality and likely treason.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't object to it. I have nothing to hide. However, they have to have a basis for spying. I don't think they should spy on anyone they like to without a valid basis.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Let the hearings begin. Let's get it all out in the open.

And if there are no hearings?

link   

Wild deflection.

No. I do think the government has the right to investigate criminal activity with probable cause that passes judicial muster, however.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Moreover, spying on the leader of the opposition party just before an election. The Stasi would be proud.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: marg6043

Not info on FISA warrants. That law is pretty specific on who can and who cannot see that. Even the judges that can be empanaled have to have top security clearance just to hear the complaint.
The law has been posted within this thread twice that I saw.

But Obama changed the rules on his way out the door to allow this info to be shared all across the government.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't trust Anonymous much, but I would love to hear what they have to say, after all they think they know everything.

Come out anonymous come and post your views on this bigger than life soon to become issue and the Obama former administration nightmare.

I also will like to hear from Snowden

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Could this be the mother of all fake news, or the camel that breaks Obamas back?

Neither. It is Trump's delusional paranoia gone wild.

Reuters

Under U.S. law, a federal court would have to have found probable cause that the target of the surveillance is an "agent of a foreign power" in order to approve a warrant authorizing electronic surveillance of Trump Tower.

CNBC

In a statement, Kevin Lewis, a spokesperson for Obama, rejected Trump's assertion. "A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice," he said.

"As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false," he added.

*eyeroll*

You folks have gone round the bend. All 124 of you: Trump, OP, and the flaggers. Actually, make that 62 million of you.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I'm really beginning to wonder if that meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton on that parked plane during the campaign might have had more to do with all of this than with casual conversation about family etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Moreover, spying on the leader of the opposition party just before an election. The Stasi would be proud.

So you've gone from "could be" to "definitely was."

Was there a shift-change?

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes he did, a hidden littler secret that he graced the nation with prior to leave the White house, I wonder why, backfire didn't it.

link   

Does anyone here think its okay to let Russia manipulate a United States election?

link   

I think the US government has no business spying on us, doing propaganda on us, or operating any mission based operations within the US borders that don't directly relate to their duty to protect our border.

I think that 80+ pages of discussion makes it impossible to track the story though. So i have no idea where its at after Obama's cronies commented and FISA information was discussed. But that was 40 pages back and some time last night.

link   

not a deflection
this goes straight to our core liberties

you do understand the nsa is forbidden by law to spy on us citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join