It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 388
<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I wonder when Trump will meet with Putin
Looks like LePenn has a pair like Donald does .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Nunes is realizing he played his hand too early giving away that he wasn't being non-partisan so he is desperately trying to save face before the rug is yanked out from under him and an independent investigator is appointed.

link   

A Nunes "spokesperson"? What happened to Nunes? Bumped off? He was on Hannity live last night.

link   

It appears he saw something shady. Frankly, I cannot wait to see what it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's only bizarre if you continue to believe that Nunes was ever acting as anything but a Trump operative ... in fact, it was coordinated with Ryan and the RNC.

Republicans fundraising off Trump's delusional claims about Obama spying on him - Daily KOS

The National Republican Congressional Committee is trying to fundraise off of House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes’ extremely suspicious claim that, as the NRCC email quotes Nunes, “Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election.”

edit on 24-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You and the rest of the House Intelligence Committee ...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No doubt. I think his running to the whitehouse can only mean one of two things. He's now a Trump surrogate, or the president is a victim.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So according to Nunes himself..

This was legal gathering under a FISA warrant..

He doesn't know if Trump Tower was tapped...

He doesn't know if any Trump staff were actually on any calls or intercepts..

Doesn't know where or how the intelligence was gathered..

He just knows that Trump Transition members were named when they were talked "about" as opposed to "US Person A"..

And he is desperately trying to walk back the whole drama...

He has glaringly disqualified himself as Chairman of the Committee tasked with investigating this. That much is clear.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No doubt. I think his running to the whitehouse can only mean one of two things. He's now a Trump surrogate, or the president is a victim.

I am confused by the word "now"?...He was a proud member of the Trump Transition team...when did he stop being a Trump Surrogate?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

He's been a Trump surrogate, there's little to no way to deny that fact.

His highly publicized "running to the White House" is just smoke and mirrors though, in my opinion.

Republican leadership will continue to provide cover for Trump as long as he seems useful to their agenda, and when he isn't, "new evidence" will be found proving collusion.

Or something along those lines....

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A Nunes "spokesperson"? What happened to Nunes? Bumped off? He was on Hannity live last night.

LOL ... Hannity, you mean Fox's resident Trump surrogate?

(Well, one of several, actually ...)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The Guardian has reported that the FBI applied for a Foreign Intelligence Service Act (FISA) warrant last summer to monitor members of the Trump campaign, but was denied in its initial attempt. Last November, former British MP and openly anti-Trump journalist Louise Mensch reported that the FBI had succeeded in its second request for a FISA warrant, which was later confirmed by the BBC.

SOURCE

If you look into it...as MANY JOURNALISTS HAVE...all the reporting roots back to Louise Mensch...

The article, published on the right-leaning, libertarian website Heat Street, did not create much of a stir at the time. But it has come under the spotlight after Trump, in a tweetstorm over the weekend, accused Obama ....

In Britain, Mensch is best known for her stint as a Conservative lawmaker

All the reporting sources Louise Mensch at the right leaning Heatstreat...

Democrats Embrace Conservative Conspiracy Theorist to Lead Russia Hysteria

On March 20, Mensch retweeted a tweet claiming, “We are at war with Russia.” Mensch has previously called for all out war on Russia, with “precision bombing raids. Bank hacks. Massive cyber war.” This war mongering hysteria from Mensch has lead her to claim that anything she disagrees with is a Russian plot, including her insistence that disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner was sexting a Russian hacker instead of a 15 year-old girl—despite the teen being interviewed in person. When Newsweek‘s Kurt Eichenwald was sent a gif by a Twitter user to trigger his epilepsy, Mensch claimed that a Russian did it, though the FBI recently arrested an American for the attack.

Her false claims venture into other topics too. In 2012, Mensch told reporters that she suffered ill-effects of taking hard drugs in her 20s while in the music industry. “I did serious drugs, and it messed with my head, and it’s a terrible thing, and I do not want to see other young people exposed to that by legalization,” Mensch said on BBC Question Time. In 2015, The Independent reported that Mensch tried to smear the U.K.’s Labor Party as anti-Semitic by citing her own search history. On January 27 of this year, she claimed that NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick was the single greatest recruiter for Donald Trump because he took a stand against racism.

Though many of her claims lack evidence, the Democratic establishment increasingly praises Mensch for her work. Former President Barack Obama’s Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe tweeted Mensch’s embarrassing recent interview with BBC, during which she defended propagating a conspiracy theory that Putin murdered Andrew Breitbart. “Mensch is now routinely cited as some sort of credible journalistic source on Russia conspiracies by unhinged, mainstream anti-Trump fanatics such as MSNBC and Harvard Law professor Laurence Tribe, who will launder any insanity as long as it promotes their Tom Clancy fever dreams of Trump as a Kremlin asset,” wrote Glenn Greenwald for The Intercept on March 7.

This embrace of Mensch and her Russian conspiracy theories from Democratic leadership illuminates how desperate the Democratic Party is to propagate the Russian hysteria narrative in lieu of advocating policy stances that would benefit voters. The party would rather praise conservative war hawks—who salivate at the thought of escalating military conflict with Russia—than develop meaningful policies.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I am confused by the word "now"?...He was a proud member of the Trump Transition team...when did he stop being a Trump Surrogate?

To tell you the truth I've never heard of Nunes before the other day. I wish I could spend all day traipsing through news articles but work gets in the way.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

He's been a Trump surrogate, there's little to no way to deny that fact.

His highly publicized "running to the White House" is just smoke and mirrors though, in my opinion.

Republican leadership will continue to provide cover for Trump as long as he seems useful to their agenda, and when he isn't, "new evidence" will be found proving collusion.

Or something along those lines....

Attributing malicious motives, and further assuming that we've attributed the correct ones, seems to me a little irrational.

link   
A bit more on Igor for those interested ...

Dr. Igor Panarin, a Russian Information Warfare expert, is interviewed in the below article and advocates some unusual initiatives.

Dr. Panarin is pushing for the creation of a “Russian internet”, separate from the Internet that you and I use. He says it “is not censorship and regulation”, but “protection”.

Last, and most alarming, is that Dr. Panarin advocates Russian military capabilities target civilian targets, specifically he says that Russian submarines should target the London Stock Exchange. This clearly violates the Law of Armed Conflict (LOAC) aka the Geneva Convention. Dr. Panarin’s background is as a KGB analyst, so he may not be conversant in the LOAC, but this idea needs to be immediately quashed.

Source

link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

That article is opinionated, partisan garbage.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Answer: Surrogate

From the Chairman of the Committee tasked with getting to the bottom of whether or not Trump colluded with Russia..

“I felt I had a duty and obligation to tell him because as you know he’s been taking a lot of heat in the news media,” Nunes said on Hannity’s Fox News show.

His duty and obligation?...To Trump..

His aim? To shelter him from "heat in the news media"

The guy he is tasked with investigating..

nymag.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

From the Chairman of the Committee tasked with getting to the bottom of whether or not Trump colluded with Russia..

“I felt I had a duty and obligation to tell him because as you know he’s been taking a lot of heat in the news media,” Nunes said on Hannity’s Fox News show.

nymag.com...

Duty and obligation to the president. Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Assigning"?

I'm describing known facts; can you dispute a single one of them?

This only seems irrational because it doesn't match your beliefs.

I see you're "on shift" this morning; I thought this thread was to be killed.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

nymag.com...

Duty and obligation to the president. Imagine that.

Congressmen have no duty or obligation to the President. They are supposed to fall under a separate branch of government and remain independent from the President. Congressmen's duty and obligation lie with the people who voted them into office, not the President.

top topics

<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join