It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 382
<< 379  380  381    383  384  385 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ah the Reagan years....how we should yearn for such simplistic days as those. When Doc Brown was making his debut. Simpler times. NAFTA blech...Reaganomics holy $hit. Yet, Reagan at the core meant well, much the way Obama did and likely now Trump does too (finding that core though comes with a variety of prepubescent actions).

Almost every day of my life I wake up and wonder why I bother....but then someone who meant a lot to me a long time ago said to me "One day, you'll see why it all will matter"...that day never came. So now I keep reminding myself that my reason to go on was to prove that b__ch was completely wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

You think that was "polite" ... it was literally chock-full of hyper-partisan terminology.

Ah well, gooses and ganders, I guess.

If you're really interested in personal chit-chat, we would be better served to discuss it in PM rather than scroll the open forum.

That said, on a thumbnail I would say that true conservatives are primarily attached to the "status quo" in any given scenario ... historical cultural roles, traditional "values," Constitutional government, fiscal responsibility and the value of capital-based enterprise at the local level, thus helping create the economic engines that literally created the America we knew rather than this saturnine and soulless multi-national corporatocracy apparently hell-bent on reducing the entire world to some post-apocalyptic nightmare in which the smallest productive populations can be maintained to serve their masters...

... or at least, that's one faction.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Indigo5

Land Development doesn't require intelligence...It requires BS, Money and bulldozers...

I have bought and sold land to developers as a side gig. I know your type well.

At least I now understand your loyal affinity for Trump.

So you are "good" at scientific logic compiled off an internet forum.

Hope this award makes you number one in your own mind..

When they start attacking you personally -- as they certainly have done to me here, you must be over the target.

I would normally never "go there", but the leftists have become so abusive (yes, I know this is the Mud Pit) that it's actually a new low for ATS standards.

Don't be sensationalistic...both sides are spewing their respective rhetoric...you only think "youre side" is right just as much as anyone else....yea, youre the victim, gimme a break

In this case, I was attacked personally by two other members. That changes things from partisan bickering to a whole different thing, wouldn't you agree?

I think there has been so much partisanship present in this thread that I believe 2 things have happened:

1) Extreme views on either side of the aisle are blinded by party loyalty

2) Extreme views on either side have forgotten what they're fighting about and instead revert to half-truths and innuendo

Both 1 & 2 end up becoming personal attacks which likely should have been expected ... magnified even more so that someone with an engineering background and vast disciplines as you have brought out for us here today; one would imagine you of all people should recognize that it would happen. As such, continue leaving on the big boy pants and throw the huggies away.

My "big boy pants" would make yours look like a tutu.

You know nothing about me, I responded with respect...so who is attacking?

I've just come to the point where the one-sided personal attacks against conservatives are not going to go unanswered in like kind anymore.

And so now, as a result, you're going to do what precisely?

You don't know anything about me. Telling me to "put on my big boy pants" was NOT respectful.

I carefully worded that response because I knew you were going to instinctively make that error. I didn't tell you to PUT them on (which would intimate that you were acting childish), instead I suggested that you leave them on (which instead indicates that up to this point you were acting like an adult, and don't lower yourself into NOT acting like an adult).

I drew you into that intentionally to show you where and why I see whats happening in this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I've copied your post to my desktop to give it the consideration it deserves.

Reminds me of what brought me to ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Land Development doesn't require intelligence...It requires BS, Money and bulldozers...

When they start attacking you personally -- as they certainly have done to me here, you must be over the target.

I would normally never "go there", but the leftists have become so abusive (yes, I know this is the Mud Pit) that it's actually a new low for ATS standards.

Don't be sensationalistic...both sides are spewing their respective rhetoric...you only think "youre side" is right just as much as anyone else....yea, youre the victim, gimme a break

In this case, I was attacked personally by two other members. That changes things from partisan bickering to a whole different thing, wouldn't you agree?

I think there has been so much partisanship present in this thread that I believe 2 things have happened:

2) Extreme views on either side have forgotten what they're fighting about and instead revert to half-truths and innuendo

Both 1 & 2 end up becoming personal attacks which likely should have been expected ... magnified even more so that someone with an engineering background and vast disciplines as you have brought out for us here today; one would imagine you of all people should recognize that it would happen. As such, continue leaving on the big boy pants and throw the huggies away.

I've just come to the point where the one-sided personal attacks against conservatives are not going to go unanswered in like kind anymore.

You don't know anything about me. Telling me to "put on my big boy pants" was NOT respectful.

I carefully worded that response because I knew you were going to instinctively make that error. I didn't tell you to PUT them on (which would intimate that you were acting childish), instead I suggested that you leave them on (which instead indicates that up to this point you were acting like an adult, and don't lower yourself into NOT acting like an adult).

I drew you into that intentionally to show you where and why I see whats happening in this thread.

Naw. You used a phrase you thought I would take personally (I didn't) and I simply ignored it by saying what I wanted to say.

The entire point I was trying to make is that there exists a double-standard between what can be said about liberals and what can be said about conservatives without triggering a personal attack.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ah the Reagan years....how we should yearn for such simplistic days as those. When Doc Brown was making his debut. Simpler times. NAFTA blech...Reaganomics holy $hit. Yet, Reagan at the core meant well, much the way Obama did and likely now Trump does too (finding that core though comes with a variety of prepubescent actions).

Almost every day of my life I wake up and wonder why I bother....but then someone who meant a lot to me a long time ago said to me "One day, you'll see why it all will matter"...that day never came. So now I keep reminding myself that my reason to go on was to prove that b__ch was completely wrong.

Notwithstanding personal commentary, I do hear you. (Decided your post merited more than "two thumbs up.")

In a very real way, I guess, human beings are composed of language. We (at the semantic level at least) are creatures of the stories that get told, the fables that turn out to be true, and the truths that turn out to be fantastic.

In other words ... Chaos.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Naw. You used a phrase you thought I would take personally (I didn't) and I simply ignored it by saying what I wanted to say.

The entire point I was trying to make is that there exists a double-standard between what can be said about liberals and what can be said about conservatives without triggering a personal attack.

You are just plain wrong. It was intentional. Go back and re-read my response, unless you are what you claim to be fighting against, you will see that.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You think that was "polite" ... it was literally chock-full of hyper-partisan terminology.

It was polite in that it did not contain any personal attacks. Partisanship doesn't bother me that much as long as the give-and-take is equal in the level of vitriol.

Again, absent personal attacks ("stupid", "uneducated", "racist", etc...).

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Not to butt in ... but I (and others here) from what I have seen live by the "don't start none, won't be none" policy.

That is, those that are worth-while to engage in conversation, anyway.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It was polite in that it did not contain any personal attacks. Partisanship doesn't bother me that much as long as the give-and-take is equal in the level of vitriol.

Again, absent personal attacks ("stupid", "uneducated", "racist", etc...).

As you say.

Consider though that someone can make a statement that is "stupid" without being stupid (or racist or uneducated) themselves.

We here assembled (with a few exceptions) don't know each "other." We know the words we see.

That said, you really can't think that your general posting tendencies aren't offensive to some in the same way you now state that you're offended ... can you?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Not to butt in ... but I (and others here) from what I have seen live by the "don't start none, won't be none" policy.

Carry on.

"What we've got here is, failure to communicate...some men you just cant reach. So you get what we had here last week...which is the way he wants it, well he gets it"

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Carry on.

That's always been my policy.

I didn't "start none" here. I was personally insulted first and for some reason was not in the mood for it today.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, we all have bad days ... or less "tolerant" days ... some of my last ones got me post-banned for a while ... Heh. Heh.

Perhaps, and I'm spit-balling here, you might have taken in a bit too much of the essence of the Mud Pit lately?

I really didn't see anyone insult YOU as much as your POST.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yep.

Spot on.

ETA: "Wish you'd stop bein' so good to me, Cap'n."

My whole life, I can't keep myself from spouting that line. (Or one simliar)
edit on 23-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You are just plain wrong. It was intentional. Go back and re-read my response, unless you are what you claim to be fighting against, you will see that.

I will grant you this -- I can see your point. I read it quickly and "continue leaving on the big boy pants" is not how I would have worded that phrase, but it does make more sense after reading it again.

So there it is. You win.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well, we all have bad days ... or less "tolerant" days ... some of my last ones got me post-banned for a while ... Heh. Heh.

Perhaps, and I'm spit-balling here, you might have taken in a bit too much of the essence of the Mud Pit lately?

I really didn't see anyone insult YOU as much as your POST.

I'm not having a bad day at all. Quite the opposite.

I think everyone reaches a saturation point from time to time and a certain individual who haunts the political threads like a cockroach called a conservative "stupid" one too many times.

Today that conservative happened to be me.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day in the country here in the Pacific NW.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That isn't available to us any more, apparently. In the current times, the days of the Mandela Effect, fake news and Alt-Tab-Ctrl-Right-and-Left ... there's no basis for real debate or even argument.

But none of that should prevent us from feeling vindicated

;-)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well, perhaps that "cockroach" feels the same about you ... perhaps that's where the "we're all God's children*" part comes in?

*Editor's note: God is of course merely a cultural reference to the personification of universal natural forces.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

That isn't available to us any more, apparently. In the current times, the days of the Mandela Effect, fake news and Alt-Tab-Ctrl-Right-and-Left ... there's no basis for real debate or even argument.

But none of that should prevent us from feeling vindicated

;-)

Heh. Yes!

Vindication for all today!

new topics

top topics

<< 379  380  381    383  384  385 >>

join