It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 359
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: UKTruth

Nothing you said actually addressed the simple point that this part of the investigation was initiated at Trump's request. Nunes has updated his President on significant and 'concerning' intelligence being widely passed around without his knowledge.

Was the info Nunes received today "investigated" by the committee? No. Only Nunes had looked at it and the rest of the committee had not even seen it. So it was not yet part of the investigation.

Schiff is unimportant in the equation - why would it need his approval for the CHAIRMAN of the House Intelligence Committee to update his President of findings about something the President asked him to investigate?

Did Nunes or the committee investigate the information before Nunes updated the President about the investigation?

What part of the Chairman of the Committee updating his President is odd to you?
Does he need to ask permission to update the President?
The information was not related to Russia.

He did not update the president on the status of the investigation. He took info he had received, ran straight to the WH and said "lookey what I got".

And? Whose permission did he need?

No one's.

He's made it clear that he is a lap dog doing the President's bidding ...

More political theatre in a Congressional "Investigation" ... next?

You are right that he needed NO approval.

Well, that remains to be seen ... if he disclosed Classified info because he wanted to provide his boss, Mr. Trump, with a sound-byte today ...

But, yes, technically, he should have kept the information in Committee as a confidential part of the "investigation."

Except, of course, anyone who's paying attention knows there's no real investigation here ... it's bread-and-circuses.

/shrug

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Was this news to you?

News is this is now referred to as collusion delusion.

Nancy Pelosi has a severe case of it, and she is passing
it around, careful it is contagious.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Nothing you said actually addressed the simple point that this part of the investigation was initiated at Trump's request. Nunes has updated his President on significant and 'concerning' intelligence being widely passed around without his knowledge.

Was the info Nunes received today "investigated" by the committee? No. Only Nunes had looked at it and the rest of the committee had not even seen it. So it was not yet part of the investigation.

Schiff is unimportant in the equation - why would it need his approval for the CHAIRMAN of the House Intelligence Committee to update his President of findings about something the President asked him to investigate?

Did Nunes or the committee investigate the information before Nunes updated the President about the investigation?

What part of the Chairman of the Committee updating his President is odd to you?

He did not update the president on the status of the investigation. He took info he had received, ran straight to the WH and said "lookey what I got".

No one's.

He's made it clear that he is a lap dog doing the President's bidding ...

More political theatre in a Congressional "Investigation" ... next?

You are right that he needed NO approval.

Well, that remains to be seen ... if he disclosed Classified info because he wanted to provide his boss, Mr. Trump, with a sound-byte today ...

But, yes, technically, he should have kept the information in Committee as a confidential part of the "investigation."

Except, of course, anyone who's paying attention knows there's no real investigation here ... it's bread-and-circuses.

/shrug

Perhaps Democrats in Washington shouldn't play partisan politics if they are going to cry when it happens to them.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
See my friends is an accidental wiretapping, nothing to see, it was just an "accident" you know, accidents do happens once in a while.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The Alt-Left/MSM alliance is now officially too stupid to know how stupid they are.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And? You specifically stated that he updated the President on the investigation they were conducting. If he did not share new info with the committee and investigate the matter, he did not update the president on the status of the investigation.

He took that new info and ran straight to Trump, without letting the committee investigate it.

So your assertion that it was an update on the investigation is absurd.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Technically, though not an overt accusation, is the fact that the NSA among other government organisations did indeed listen in on virtually every phone conversation in the country, and other countries making their leaders pretty angry if I recall correctly. Going back as far as Project Echelon, and probably farther, big brother has been listening in with no warrant or probable cause. That includes obama. And I would find it no surprise if he used that information to suit his purposes any time he felt like it. And there is also the possibility of other means of surveillance than mechanical wire tapping. "Tapping my phones" can be taken to mean a few different things other than a direct physical copper wire tap. Its a catch all phrase indicating some form of audio surveillance. A sensitive enough parabolic mic could be aimed at a window and pick up conversations inside the building. The lack of physical evidence is not in itself conclusive. It only eliminates one possibility, and even then it only means that the evidence was not present when the investigation took place, not that it was never there.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
See my friends is an accidental wiretapping, nothing to see, it was just an "accident" you know, accidents do happens once in a while.

I know lol... "we accidentally searched all our information for the ones that contained Trump and his team, forgot to mask it and accidentally passed it around after Obama signed a new EO to make spying on Trump and disseminating the information easy... honest, it was all a mistake that we were listening to transition team policy discussions just before the new President took office".

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Wait...What?
Trump has "hitmen" out after Nunes?
CNN should do a story on this...ASAP!

Or, you and UK could simply beat CNN to the punch and then have hopes of actually being relevant.

Hit a nerve there, did I?
Love it!

Ohhhhhhh.....is that what you guys are trying to accomplish here? Stupid me, thought you were trying to ascertain the truth by some logical means. Had I known this was simply a "lets see who can get on whose nerves first" I wouldn't have bothered with facts.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Wait...What?

Or, you and UK could simply beat CNN to the punch and then have hopes of actually being relevant.

Love it!

Ohhhhhhh.....is that what you guys are trying to accomplish here? Stupid me, thought you were trying to ascertain the truth by some logical means. Had I known this was simply a "lets see who can get on whose nerves first" I wouldn't have bothered with facts.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Your whole 'Trump's hitmen' narrative was chock full of facts. Keep on setting the bar high for the rest of us.

link   
a reply to: introvert

The story I read had this passage:

Nunes said he briefed House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on the revelation and will inform the White House later today. Nunes' statement comes after he and other congressional leaders pushed back on Trump's claims that former President Obama had his "wires tapped" in Trump Tower ahead of the election.

www.zerohedge.com...

Sounds like he briefed Ryan, then the media and was going to follow up with the White House. So how do you get that he ran to Trump first?

link   

You forgot to add, "we gave the information accidentally to Hillary camp because we knew for sure that she was going to be the next president

But hey it was an accident.

The credibility of our supposedly superior and elite spying agencies are now down the toilet, I am sure that our enemies around the world are laughing at how Americas spying agencies can spy on their own leaders and those to become leaders.

Better yet, is all by accident.

Trump has become an itch that will not go away and will drive many insane

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Nunes said he briefed House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on the revelation and will inform the White House later today. Nunes' statement comes after he and other congressional leaders pushed back on Trump's claims that former President Obama had his "wires tapped" in Trump Tower ahead of the election.

www.zerohedge.com...

Sounds like he briefed Ryan, then the media and was going to follow up with the White House. So how do you get that he ran to Trump first?

Shhhh.. you ruined the narrative.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You forgot to add, "we gave the information accidentally to Hillary camp because we knew for sure that she was going to be the next president

But hey it was an accident.

The credibility of our supposedly superior and elite spying agencies are now down the toilet, I am sure that our enemies around the world are laughing at how Americas spying agencies can spy on their own leaders and those to become leaders.

Better yet, is all by accident.

Trump has become an itch that will not go away and will drive many insane

Trump seems to be consistently setting up his enemies for fall after fall. It's funny and very interesting to witness.
One thing I agree with Democrats on - don't take him at face value.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Wait...What?

Love it!

Your whole 'Trump's hitmen' narrative was chock full of facts. Keep on setting the bar high for the rest of us.

who said hitmen? I said Nunes could be concerned for his well being, which I clarified why I thought that. It was all my personal opinion about why I thought him to be in a tough spot.

Stop trying so hard, you're simply making yourself out to be disingenuous

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wait...What?

Love it!

who said hitmen? I said Nunes could be concerned for his well being, which I clarified why I thought that. It was all my personal opinion about why I thought him to be in a tough spot.

Weren't you fearing for his family and friends a minute ago also?
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Alt-Left/MSM alliance is now officially too stupid to know how stupid they are.

Is the water? Drugs? It is positively mystifying---yesterday there was no surveillance---today it was "incidental" surveillance....what will they say tomorrow? Oh, that was left-over from the Bush era! Makes for the best comedy show I've seen since Hill's "vast right-wing conspiracy" putting out rumors that Slick did "have sex with that woman."

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

While technically not "straight" to Trump, my assertions still stands in regards to the committee.

I suppose I should check my own hyperbole from time to time as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

www.zerohedge.com...

Ryan is not on the investigating committee, either.

edit on 3/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wait...What?

Love it!

Weren't you fearing for his family and friends a minute ago also?

Not at all. I was merely positing it as an example of how he could be in a tough spot. It's not as though things like that don't happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join