It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 352
<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth
"Trump and his team were the subject of intelligence reports that ended up at this Whitehouse"

The above doesn't even have any meaning.

the "Subject of intelligence reports that ended up at this Whitehouse"

In whose stretch of the imagination does that even have value?

Remember Trump's philosophy about the Press ... any coverage is good coverage.

By the way, has the President expressed any regrets or support for the UK today, in light of the tragedy?

Or was he too busy being "somewhat vindicated"?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"Trump and his team were the subject of intelligence reports that ended up at this Whitehouse"

It does when he was talking about specific intelligence reports that he said were unmasked for the US citizens after being collected from recording foreign telephone calls not even related to Russia.

Then why didn't you say that and cite the source?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

By the way, has the President expressed any regrets or support for the UK today, in light of the tragedy?

Maybe he is waiting to get the full facts from Theresa May? What do you want? Off the cuff, which you criticise, or to wait for a while, which you criticise?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes. I often forget about that neonazi mantra.

I saw Rex Tillerson condemn it publicly. Have not seen whether or not Trump personally publicly decried the incident.

To be fair, he also could have been "grabbing" something, somewhere.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe he is waiting to get the full facts from Theresa May? What do you want? Off the cuff, which you criticise, or to wait for a while, which you criticise?

What facts are needed to express our national concern for an apparent attack? What rot.

You don't seem very disturbed yourself by the by ... perhaps the Midlands are too far away from Westminster?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why would he wait to get full facts, to publicly denounce a tragedy like that? Does it become somehow less tragic?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Perhaps he was grabbing Mr. Nunes ... hand ... to thank him.

Same thing, I guess.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
George makes some good points on this clip .

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Same thing, I guess.

hahaha....fair enough, I guess the lines start to blur.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What facts are needed to express our national concern for an apparent attack? What rot.

You don't seem very disturbed yourself by the by ... perhaps the Midlands are too far away from Westminster?

What can Trump do for my sister working in Westminster?
I am fully up to speed on what happened, and don't need any words from Trump to put my mind at rest.
You seem to want to deflect though as you are probably upset that it has been revealed that Trump was spied on.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Same thing, I guess.

hahaha....fair enough, I guess the lines start to blur.

More seriously ... Mr. Nunes has made it clear that his intention in the latest round of political theatre masquerading as Congressional Investigation and Oversight ... is the same as the last 20 or so investigations by the Republicans ... it's not intended to uncover the truth, but deliver sound-bytes to the right-wing news networks.

"Trump Vindicated" I'm sure is already being typed in at multiple blogs.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just heard......
Unmasked reports included conversations about Republican policy and also about Trump's family

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Let's see what we know ...

Representative Nunes, rather than updating his colleagues on the House Intelligence Committee instead ran with whatever "evidence" he's so excited about directly to the President.

The information he has is that communications within the Intelligence Community AFTER THE ELECTION included the unmasked names of Mr. Trump and some of his associates.

Mr. Nunes, Mr. Trump and various online surrogates are desperately attempting to spin this into evidence that the President Elect was being illegally surveilled.

I read an article on NBC News a few minutes ago and something caught my attention:

Robert Deitz, a former top lawyer for the CIA and the NSA, told NBC News that the fact that an American was picked up in surveillance of foreigners "in and of itself, doesn't mean a thing. All it means that a person on watch is talking to a U.S. person. The general rule is that the U.S. person identity is minimized, so all you have is the one side, unless a crime has been committed or the identity of the American is necessary to understand the intelligence."

Deitz said he thought it was "rather interesting," that more than one person on Trump's transition team were picked up, because it's not that common for Americans to be talking to foreign surveillance targets.

www.nbcnews.com...

It seems to me that if the IC played by the rules and the names were unmasked because of the reasons stated above, we may see some fireworks soon.

While some are trying everything they can to pass this off as a crime/injustice against Trump and his team, the possibility that laws were broken by Trump or his team remains solid.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am fully up to speed on what happened, and don't need any words from Trump to put my mind at rest.
You seem to want to deflect though as you are probably upset that it has been revealed that Trump was spied on.

My best thoughts go out to any who were actually near harm's way today ... at Westminster or anywhere else.

I'm not deflecting anything, I'm being perfectly clear.

Rep. Nunes ignored protocol and garnered headlines for his real "boss" at the White House.

/shrug

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am fully up to speed on what happened,

Yes, yes. You seem to be "fully up to speed" on just about everything....well, except logic...but what can we expect, evolution does not always favor intellect.

and don't need any words from Trump to put my mind at rest.

Who cares about YOUR mind, common human decency expresses condolescences for tragedy.

edit on 22-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It seems to me that if the IC played by the rules and the names were unmasked because of the reasons stated above, we may see some fireworks soon.

While some are trying everything they can to pass this off as a crime/injustice against Trump and his team, the possibility that laws were broken by Trump or his team remains solid.

Yep, I think you're right on track there.

If it doesn't turn out to be a sound-byte, what Mr. Nunes got so excited about today was clear evidence of just how far the criminal investigations have gone.

Fireworks indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yes.

Including here, of all places, where one would hope to avoid such missteps.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes.

Including here, of all places, where one would hope to avoid such missteps.

Agreed.

Sometimes, when a dancer missteps, they try to pass it off as "interpretive" ... LOL.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am fully up to speed on what happened,

Yes, yes. You seem to be "fully up to speed" on just about everything....well, except logic...but what can we expect, evolution does not always favor intellect.

and don't need any words from Trump to put my mind at rest.

Who cares about YOUR mind, common human decency expresses condolescences for tragedy.

Check the thread on it - I was updating people.

Anyhow, Nunes on again now.
Standing by his claims.

"President Trump is right to some degree"
"It does appear that his name and others ended up in intelligence reports"
"Most people would say that is surveillance"

I couldn't have put the words in his mouth any better

edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In possibly associated news ...

WASHINGTON ― Leaders of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee on Wednesday asked the Trump administration to turn over all information it has related to payments that former national security adviser Michael Flynn received from foreign governments or other foreign entities. Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and ranking Democrat Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) asked for the information in a letter sent to the White House, the FBI, the Department of Defense and the director of national intelligence.

“The Committee is reviewing whether Lt. General Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency and the former National Security Advisor, fully disclosed his payments from Russian, Turkish, or other foreign sources, including but not limited to payments he received from Kremlin-backed media outlet known as RT (formerly Russia Today),” the congressmen say in the letter.

HuffPo

General Flynn still under investigation it seems. Seems that Mr. Nunes isn't the only one who wants to know "who knew what and when they knew it."

Also, Introvert ... I think this speaks to your point as well from NBC.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Link

top topics

<< 349  350  351    353  354  355 >>

join