It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I don't have any faith in the credibility of your opinion's..

lol the irony...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Xcathdra

The FISA warrant was requested and obtained by the FBI, legally and by the book, not under some special circumstances that enabled Obama to order a covert surveillance operation on Trump.

and why did they keep the taps after the warrant expired then?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Under the FISA act, anyone who engages in electronic surveillance except as authorized by statute is subject to both criminal penalties[17] and civil liabilities.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

That Good lawyer remark becomes more clear.

The threshold for civil ligation is lower than criminal if I am not mistaken.

A good lawyer could take Obama to the cleaners.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Your are dense...

Without a court order

The President may authorize, through the Attorney General, electronic surveillance without a court order for the period of one year provided it is only for foreign intelligence information;[7] targeting foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. § 1801(a)(1),(2),(3)[12] in certain conditions; and there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party.[13]

The Attorney General is required to make a certification of these conditions under seal to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,[14] and report on their compliance to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.[15]

Since 50 U.S.C. § 1802(a)(1)(A) of this Act specifically limits warrantless surveillance to foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (1),(2), (3) and omits the definitions contained in 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (4),(5),(6) the act does not authorize the use of warrantless surveillance on: groups engaged in international terrorism or activities in preparation therefore; foreign-based political organizations, not substantially composed of United States persons; or entities that are directed and controlled by a foreign government or governments.[16] Under the FISA act, anyone who engages in electronic surveillance except as authorized by statute is subject to both criminal penalties[17] and civil liabilities.[18]

Under 50 U.S.C. § 1811, the President may also authorize warrantless surveillance at the beginning of a war. Specifically, he may authorize such surveillance "for a period not to exceed fifteen calendar days following a declaration of war by the Congress".[19]

what part do I need to explain to you using small words so you will understand?

Not sure how to help you? This exchange feels familiar...the profound reality disconnect..

I see you posting text...None of which supports what you are claiming?

What part of that do you think allows a US President to order a Wire-Tap an American Citizen?

Again so pay attention...

When the wiretap is directed a foreign government and a US citizen is incidentally caught up in it.

Then THAT is precisely NOT ..TRUMP: "TAPPING MY PHONES"

IF Trump is worried that he said stuff on the phone with a FORIEGN agent during the campaign whose phone might have been the subject of a FBI/NSA/CIA FISA tap...then perhaps he should explain THAT.

The public is all ears...
edit on 4-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

The FISA warrant was requested and obtained by the FBI, legally and by the book, not under some special circumstances that enabled Obama to order a covert surveillance operation on Trump.

What evidence do you have that they did?

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: darkbake

The terrorist Network CNN is saying that Donald Trump is sending out these tweets to distract from the Russians.

Correction: Clinton News Network ... Try to be as politically correct as possible here.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SBMcG

Russia did not cause Bill Clinton's inept, dying, drunken, corrupt, unaccomplished wife to lose the election. They had nothing to do with it. There is no evidence of any such thing. She lost. It's over.

I sure like to know how the EC was hacked.

Since it determines our elections.

I know. To suggest that somehow the Russians "hacked" the election and that's why the massively-flawed Bill Clinton's wife lost is laughable.

I do, however, believe it's entirely likely that Obama or his leftist minions would use the power of the White House to target the Trump Camp to try and influence the election.

I guess we shall see.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It was the FBI, not Obama

Oh, yeah Obama learned about it from the news talking heads.

Go ahead and believe that if you can perform that leap of logic.

What makes you think that the FISA warrant expired, and that surveillance continued anyway?

I did not say it "expired". Understand the term "narrow",
the two are not even close.

link   

Your are dense...

Without a court order

The President may authorize, through the Attorney General, electronic surveillance without a court order for the period of one year provided it is only for foreign intelligence information;[7] targeting foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. § 1801(a)(1),(2),(3)[12] in certain conditions; and there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party.[13]

The Attorney General is required to make a certification of these conditions under seal to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,[14] and report on their compliance to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.[15]

Since 50 U.S.C. § 1802(a)(1)(A) of this Act specifically limits warrantless surveillance to foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (1),(2), (3) and omits the definitions contained in 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (4),(5),(6) the act does not authorize the use of warrantless surveillance on: groups engaged in international terrorism or activities in preparation therefore; foreign-based political organizations, not substantially composed of United States persons; or entities that are directed and controlled by a foreign government or governments.[16] Under the FISA act, anyone who engages in electronic surveillance except as authorized by statute is subject to both criminal penalties[17] and civil liabilities.[18]

Under 50 U.S.C. § 1811, the President may also authorize warrantless surveillance at the beginning of a war. Specifically, he may authorize such surveillance "for a period not to exceed fifteen calendar days following a declaration of war by the Congress".[19]

what part do I need to explain to you using small words so you will understand?

Not sure how to help you? This exchange feels familiar...the profound reality disconnect..

I see you posting text...None of which supports what you are claiming?

What part of that do you think allows a US President to order a Wire-Tap an American Citizen?

Again so pay attention...

When the wiretap is directed a foreign government and a US citizen is incidentally caught up in it.

Then THAT is precisely NOT ..TRUMP: "TAPPING MY PHONES"

IF Trump is worried that he said stuff on the phone with a FORIEGN agent during the campaign whose phone might have been the subject of a FBI/NSA/CIA FISA tap...then perhaps he should explain THAT.

The public is all ears...

When did Trump say that?

He said his phones were tapped.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You are clueless..

Stop making stuff up.. It gets old.
edit on 4-3-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So he's going to end the NSA's illegal wiretaps of the American people?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What evidence do you have they didnt?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What evidence do you have they didnt?

and now...we are on the level of comebacks like this

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

We have an NSA centre in Canberra Australia its the whole planet actually

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Hahahahahaha ... You wanna bet he doesn't have taps on everything 0bama? LOL

I would!!

link   

So, you don't have any evidence and you're just making # up, promoting your own fake news and faux outrage! At least you're consistent!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Just bc Trump says it, doesn't make it true nor does it imply that he holds any evidence at all. It's just words from a guy who has been known to lie constantly.
I feel like if we just deported TRUMP, our nation would be great again. He's literally the stupidest President we've ever had. He makes Carter look like a genius and that is scary AF.

link   

oh wow. is this really your come back?

link   
Media is already in damage control. No more mention of this on the top stories on google, just regurgitated hit pieces about Russia from the Washington Compost.

link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: burntheships

Slight problem if you pull the trigger on Obama the Democrats will dump all Bush's dirt which includes 9-11 on his watch Trump has to decide whether he really wants to go there.

My answer to that is DUMP by all means DUMP!!!!!!!
edit on 3/4/2017 by brutus61 because: fix typo

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join