It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 349
<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Obfuscation and misdirection are being applied here, fairly feebly ... one wonders why.

I actually don't wonder why.

I wonder why here?

Why here where these "Truthers" are anything but. (for those apt to respond other than the intended recipient, please note the period at the end of this statement, as it's a rhetorical question and I could care less about opinion or commentary based upon it)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
More from Nunes:

He said it was possible that Trump's personal communications were picked up as part of incidental foreign surveillance NOT RELATED TO RUSSIA.
He said he was "alarmed" and he will be briefing the President on it.

Details were widely disseminated that had little to no foreign intelligence value.

Someone is going to jail. This is huge.

Even CNN are back tracking.
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The amendments to the platform came just after Carter Pages trip to Russia and just before the convention and the changes benefited Russia. It's documented that the language was changed and the change came directly from trump.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The initial question that serves as the basis of this thread was an unfounded accusation from President Trump that President Obama had ordered unlawful surveillance of him in his residence.

That has been cut into a myriad wild examples of fringe theorizing that has been dispelled by known facts.

Of course the legal or illegitimate nature of the surveillance of Americans is the issue. To say otherwise is to further attempt to muddy the water.

There have been illegal "leaks" that have apparently hit close to home (as one Trump associate resigned and one recused himself from any involvement in a major investigation).

Again, attempting to obfuscate and confuse the issue by claiming that FISA warrants have faded in and out of existence is absurd.

FISA warrants are court orders. They do not disappear (or, there is no evidence of such disappearance.)

Any FISA warrants that do exist are parts of an ongoing investigation. The only uncertainty that exists in any reasonable minds arises from the fact that these investigations are ON GOING and as yet UNRESOLVED.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The amendments to the platform came just after Carter Pages trip to Russia and just before the convention and the changes benefited Russia. It's documented that the language was changed and the change came directly from trump.

I have been through the changes in detail. I know exactly what happened.
There was a specific sentence changed in an amendment to the platform - no change to the platform at all. The amendment did not go in until it was changed. It removed the need for armed response. In other words it took away a commitment to war. We should be pleased.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Except that Nunes said it was legal, incidental, and after the election.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Someone is going to jail. This is huge
I am wondering if it was just one person and if so does it mean that a 10 year sentence for each case of unmasking ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

We need to know what it revealed and we need to subpoena financial records.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

hey hey.....trump is the messiah....please reframe from using logic and critical-thinking, this is a trump thread after all...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The initial question that serves as the basis of this thread was an unfounded accusation from President Trump that President Obama had ordered unlawful surveillance of him in his residence.

That has been cut into a myriad wild examples of fringe theorizing that has been dispelled by known facts.

Of course the legal or illegitimate nature of the surveillance of Americans is the issue. To say otherwise is to further attempt to muddy the water.

There have been illegal "leaks" that have apparently hit close to home (as one Trump associate resigned and one recused himself from any involvement in a major investigation).

Again, attempting to obfuscate and confuse the issue by claiming that FISA warrants have faded in and out of existence is absurd.

FISA warrants are court orders. They do not disappear (or, there is no evidence of such disappearance.)

Any FISA warrants that do exist are parts of an ongoing investigation. The only uncertainty that exists in any reasonable minds arises from the fact that these investigations are ON GOING and as yet UNRESOLVED.

The revelations today from Nunes suggest that Trump himself may have had his private conversations listened to, unmasked and shared, possibly conversations whilst he was at Trump Tower too.

There has been no denial from Comey or anyone else that Obama was not involved.

The only denial is that Obama did not order Trump Tower wire taps, but if it turns out the taps were a broad existing surveillance against all foreign entities and Trumps conversations were picked up from multiple sources and then shared, including to Obama, then Trump's tweet is 90% vindicated.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Let's have the actual quote rather than the paraphrased edition ...

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes said Wednesday that President Donald Trump's personal communications may have been picked up by investigators through "incidental collection."

Nunes said at a news conference he discovered the potential surveillance of Trump himself while reviewing intelligence reports, but said it was not related to Russia.

"This is a normal, incidental collection, based on what I could collect," Nunes said. "This appears to be all legally collected foreign intelligence under" the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

CNN

It appears that Mr. Nunes has blindsided other members of the Intelligence Committee. I supposed I'm not surprised that a former member of the Trump transition team appears at this moment to be attempting to further confuse the issues at hand.

How interesting that he's running to the White House to report to President Trump ... so much for objectivity-- so much for separate branches of government.

I had hoped for some non-partisan cooperation toward discovery of the truth for a change ... this suggests that it's business as usual.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Except that Nunes said it was legal, incidental, and after the election.

The surveillance was legal - and sounds like Trumps conversations could have been picked out from more than one foreign surveillance target, as it was NOT Russian.

It was not legal to unmask this information and then broadly share it. That is illegal.
Now to find out who did it and who knew about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes said Wednesday that President Donald Trump's personal communications may have been picked up by investigators through "incidental collection."

Nunes said at a news conference he discovered the potential surveillance of Trump himself while reviewing intelligence reports, but said it was not related to Russia.

"This is a normal, incidental collection, based on what I could collect," Nunes said. "This appears to be all legally collected foreign intelligence under" the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

CNN

It appears that Mr. Nunes has blindsided other members of the Intelligence Community. I supposed I'm not surprised that a former member of the Trump transition team appears at this moment to be attempting to further confuse the issues at hand.

How interesting that he's running to the White House to report to President Trump ... so much for objectivity-- so much for separate branches of government.

hahaha - so Nunes is lying now just because Trump's tweet is being vindicated.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

CNN

It appears that Mr. Nunes has blindsided other members of the Intelligence Community. I supposed I'm not surprised that a former member of the Trump transition team appears at this moment to be attempting to further confuse the issues at hand.

You're on record now.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

How does any of your prattle correlate to Trump's tweet being vindicated? It's not even close to being vindicated.

Oh wait, by your own admission that shouldn't even matter to you as you dismissed it out of hand as being completely unimportant.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well what do you know, fake news MSM and lefties caught with their pants down again.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It was not legal to unmask this information and then broadly share it.

How do you know that?
Nunes doesn't seem to say that anything illegal was done.
edit on 3/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Well what do you know, fake news MSM and lefties caught with their pants down again.

More like an egregious breach of the Separation of Powers by a former Trump associate (Nunes).

And of course, the very predictable crowing of the ATS Echo Chamber.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Obama wasn't anyone's political opponent. He was on his way out.
He supported trumps political opponent.
When do you want to talk about all those Russians. It's like a life size wack-a-mole.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The really important part of Nunes statement today is that Trump's conversations were recorded, unmasked and shared from foreign intelligence surveillance conversations that "had little or no foreign intelligence value" and not related to Russia.

This sounds like a case of existing spying operations being used to pick up any Trump conversations (and his team) and then that information spread around and leaked.

Nunes now saying the NSA is cooperating.

Nunes speaking now:

Nothing to do with Russia or Russian investigation
NSA is cooperating.
"possible surveillance activity"
"Dozens of reports"
"What I have read bothers me and it should bother the President and his team"
"What I have read is inappropriate"
"It definitely goes beyond what happened with General Flynn"
It is not yet known who ordered the masking...

"What I have read seems to me to be some level of surveillance activity, perhaps legal, but I do not know if it is right and I don't think the American people would be comfortable"

"We don't know who sent the taskings, but we are going to try and find that out"

WOW

"Trump and his team were the subject of intelligence reports that ended up at this Whitehouse"

top topics

<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join