It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You can always tell when someone is "triggered" because the only response they have to the person who pushed their button is to accuse them of being "triggered." Be careful, UK, you can be replaced by a bot.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth

We only have confirmation from the FBI that they were spying and of course the actual evidence of transcripts being leaked of secretly recorded phone calls.

So the FBI was spying, not an individual within Obama's cabinet?

Glad we cleared that up.

Yes and they get their authorisation from the Executive branch administration - under Obama at the time.

Which cabinet member gave that authorization?

The authorisation is implicit, as stated.
Perhaps read the AG's guidelines for FBI operations.

So no one within the Obama administration actually gave the order to spy on Trump's campaign.

Cool. We're making progress.

No, he'll just play a different word game. "Administration" has multiple meanings. Let's watch the monkey play with that.

I don't see how. The "administration" has always been comprised of the President, the VP and the cabinet.

The last I checked the AG is part of the cabinet and heads the DoJ. It is the DoJ who give authority to the FBI and therefore are accountable for their actions. No denying it.
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You can always tell when someone is "triggered" because the only response they have to the person who pushed their button is to accuse them of being "triggered." Be careful, UK, you can be replaced by a bot.

Would that be one of those "I know you are but what am I?" moments you keep talking about.
Can't say i use it much, but it sure is funny that you've succumbed to your own retort

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

And Donald Trump is directly accountable for his accusations. He has the authority to release the evidence he needs. Shouldn't you wait until he produces it before you start making these misleading claims, Troll? After all, you keep saying that it's wrong to jump to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It doesn't work that way exactly.

The NSa, FBI, CIA, DOD etc are not all under tell justice dept in terms of investigation abilities or nothing would ever be accomplished. Some of the Intel dept are not under justice at all.

Between Manafort and Flynn there is plenty of probable cause for any administration to green light.

Keep saying it's a witch hunt yet real witches have been found.

You should note this current justice dept is also investigating trump. Sans sessions.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

We don't know yet if there was explicit conversation between members of the Obama administration and the FBI regarding spying on the Trump campaign.

That conversation would have to take place for your assertion to hold true.

Neither the FBI in general or the head of the FBI is part of the Obama Admin.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

We only have confirmation from the FBI that they were spying and of course the actual evidence of transcripts being leaked of secretly recorded phone calls.

Glad we cleared that up.

Yes and they get their authorisation from the Executive branch administration - under Obama at the time.

So no one within the Obama administration actually gave the order to spy on Trump's campaign.

No, he'll just play a different word game. "Administration" has multiple meanings. Let's watch the monkey play with that.

I don't see how. The "administration" has always been comprised of the President, the VP and the cabinet.

The last I checked the AG is part of the cabinet and heads the DoJ. It is the DoJ who give authority to the FBI and therefore are accountable for their actions. No denying it.

Ok. Now can you prove the AG gave the order to the FBI to spy on Trump?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

We don't know yet if there was explicit conversation between members of the Obama administration and the FBI regarding spying on the Trump campaign.

That conversation would have to take place for your assertion to hold true.

Neither the FBI in general or the head of the FBI is part of the Obama Admin.

No, they got there authorisation from the Obama Administration.
We know for sure that was in an implicit sense as part of the DoJ published policy, we are yet to find out if it was explicit. As i said, I am sure Gowdy will be following up on that one.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Glad we cleared that up.

Ok. Now can you prove the AG gave the order to the FBI to spy on Trump?

The DoJ gave authorisation as they always do for all FBI operations.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

And Donald Trump is directly accountable for his accusations. He has the authority to release the evidence he needs. Shouldn't you wait until he produces it before you start making these misleading claims, Troll? After all, you keep saying that it's wrong to jump to conclusions.

There are no jumps to any conclusions.
I am speaking about what we know.
Yes, Trump is directly accountable for his accusations.
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Again, which cabinet member gave them the authorization?

We know for sure that was in an implicit sense as part of the DoJ published policy, we are yet to find out if it was explicit. As i said, I am sure Gowdy will be following up on that one.

So the FBI was following policy, not orders from specifically within the Obama admin.

The DoJ itself is not a member of the president's cabinet or administration. Only the AG is. For your assertion to hold true, you will have to prove the AG gave the order to spy on Trump.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The NSa, FBI, CIA, DOD etc are not all under tell justice dept in terms of investigation abilities or nothing would ever be accomplished. Some of the Intel dept are not under justice at all.

Between Manafort and Flynn there is plenty of probable cause for any administration to green light.

You should note this current justice dept is also investigating trump. Sans sessions.

I am only referencing the FBI as Comey is the only one to confirm, but yes it's very possible that more agencies were spying on Trump.

I am also not saying the spying was illegal, by the way. We just don't know the circumstances. It could have been perfectly legal.

In terms of legalities, the only crime we know about is the leaking of unmasked information on Flynn from the intelligence gathering.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Again, which cabinet member gave them the authorization?

So the FBI was following policy, not orders from specifically within the Obama admin.

The DoJ itself is not a member of the president's cabinet or administration. Only the AG is. For your assertion to hold true, you will have to prove the AG gave the order to spy on Trump.

The AG gave implicit authorisation - at least. She (at the time) headed up the DoJ and was part of Obama's cabinet. I am assuming you are not saying that the head of the DoJ is not accountable for the policies of the DoJ?

Yes the FBI was following policy - at least.

I am not saying that anyone 'gave the order', I am saying, factually, that the Obama administration authorised the FBI to spy on the Trump campaign. We'll find out over time whether that authorisation was implicit or explicit. Regardless , the DoJ, and therefore the head of the DoJ, is accountable.

Leaders are accountable for their teams and their dept's processes.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I guess "spying" is the approved term for the Echo Chamber ...

What rot.

Let's ask a more pertinent question, that is at least somewhat in line with the OP at this point, since it has been proven, conclusively, that Mr. Obama ordered no illegal surveillance of Mr. Trump ...

How is it that so many Trump supporters are completely blind to the fact that he was surrounded by those with questionable connections to foreign governments ... as Americans obviously deeply interested in our national security ... why aren't more of you owning up to the possibility that there are (or have been) several KNOWN threats to the US involved with Trump?

Mr. Trump was wrong about believing a Breitbart article and a Fox News infotainer ... and made two ridiculous blunders (accusing Obama and repeating what Napolitano claimed) ... why are you not more concerned about this man's competency?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I am only referencing the FBI as Comey is the only one to confirm, but yes it's very possible that more agencies were spying on Trump.

I am also not saying the spying was illegal, by the way. We just don't know the circumstances. It could have been perfectly legal.

In terms of legalities, the only crime we know about is the leaking of unmasked information on Flynn from the intelligence gathering.

Exactly.

And Flynn himself or he wouldn't be fired. His former campaign maanger appears to be going down as well.

Stone sure isn't making it any better either.

The FBI would not need to be ordered to investigate just so you know. They could have been. But they just need to be aproved for long investigations for procedures and resources available. I have seen 0 proof the AG initiated the investigation

In fact it yielded results Flynn was doing shady stuff.

The leak also let trump know specifics of the investigation which can be seen as helping him as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What rot.

Let's ask a more pertinent question, that is at least somewhat in line with the OP at this point, since it has been proven, conclusively, that Mr. Obama ordered no illegal surveillance of Mr. Trump ...

How is it that so many Trump supporters are completely blind to the fact that he was surrounded by those with questionable connections to foreign governments ... as Americans obviously deeply interested in our national security ... why aren't more of you owning up to the possibility that there are (or have been) several KNOWN threats to the US involved with Trump?

Mr. Trump was wrong about believing a Breitbart article and a Fox News infotainer ... and made two ridiculous blunders (accusing Obama and repeating what Napolitano claimed) ... why are you not more concerned about this man's competency?

We already know that it is POSSIBLE - otherwise there would be no investigation.
We should not however conclude based on possibilities.
As yet we have seen or heard of no evidence to support a conclusion of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What rot.

We already know that it is POSSIBLE - otherwise there would be no investigation.
We should not however conclude based on possibilities.
As yet we have seen or heard of no evidence to support a conclusion of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

You mean something like this.
Donald Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort secretly worked for Russian billionaire to 'benefit Putin government'

Then there is Flynn paid by multiple Russian agencies.

And Roger Stone bragging about leaking info to wiki leaks to tank Clinton.

edit on 22-3-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yet, you've been "concluding on possibilities" 344 pages or so ... as it suits you.

For any reasonable person at this point there is ample evidence that some Trump associates communicated with agents of the Russian government that was at the time working to influence the American Election.

THAT is a fact. Anything else is merely desperate obfuscation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The AG gave implicit authorisation - at least. She (at the time) headed up the DoJ and was part of Obama's cabinet. I am assuming you are not saying that the head of the DoJ is not accountable for the policies of the DoJ?

That's a different argument. It is fair to say they are accountable for policy, but you are saying the Obama admin spied on Trump. When in reality you should be saying that the policies set forth by the Obama admin gave the FBI the authority to do what they are doing.

Saying the Obama admin is spying on Trump is false, unless you can prove it was explicitly authorized by a member of his administration.

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join