It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 342
<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well the MSM said he was under investigations and was bugged
When did the MSM say that?

The MSM even released classified information on Flynn who was being tapped as well
Was it Flynn's phone which was tapped? Where did you get this information?

Irrelevant.
If you record a persons calls and also record and keep the persons side of the conversation they were talking to, then unmask it and spread it around including to the media, that is spying on both parties.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I thought spying was okay if it reveals criminal activities. Or is that only if the criminal is a Democrat?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What criminal activities has the spying and illegal leaks on Flynn revealed?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I see some are still playing semantics in a desperate attempt to deny reality.

The word "spying" has a specific meaning which does not equate to "investigating."

And yet, the truth remains, that of all the things we have had confirmed here ... active and on-going investigation into collusion between Trump associates and Russian government agents as well as active efforts on the part of the Russian government to manipulate our General Election last year, what we also have is a firm, clear statement that there is ZERO evidence that President Obama or the Obama Administration conducted any illegal surveillance.

Fox News officially, on air, denied having any knowledge as was claimed directly by Mr. Napolitano, i.e., that intelligence sources had informed Fox News of DIRECT collusion between Obama and the GCHQ ... and has indefinitely suspended Mr. Napolitano for doing so ... yet, not one of the supporters of that nonsense has the testicular fortitude to admit they were taken in (along with the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES) by fake news from infotainment talent on Fox.

SSDD.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The word "spying" has a specific meaning which does not equate to "investigating."

And yet, the truth remains, that of all the things we have had confirmed here ... active and on-going investigation into collusion between Trump associates and Russian government agents as well as active efforts on the part of the Russian government to manipulate our General Election last year, what we also have is a firm, clear statement that there is ZERO evidence that President Obama or the Obama Administration conducted any illegal surveillance.

Fox News officially, on air, denied having any knowledge as was claimed directly by Mr. Napolitano, i.e., that intelligence sources had informed Fox News of DIRECT collusion between Obama and the GCHQ ... and has indefinitely suspended Mr. Napolitano for doing so ... yet, not one of the supporters of that nonsense has the testicular fortitude to admit they were taken in (along with the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES) by fake news from infotainment talent on Fox.

SSDD.

Word games.

8 month counter intelligence investigation into the Trump campaign and we know that phone call transcripts including a Trump campaign team member were leaked. Spying.

You missed the part where people involved in the investigation have said there is no evidence of any collusion.

When the bluster is put to one side, the only crime we know about was committed against the Trump campaign. That is a fact.
edit on 22/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The spying is part of an ongoing investigation. Say, was Flynn under oath when he told Congress that he had no contact with the Russian Ambassador? Hmmm... he will be next time.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You missed the part where people involved in the investigation have said there is no evidence of any collusion.

Yet. Why do you keep missing the part where they say "ongoing?"

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The spying is part of an ongoing investigation. Say, was Flynn under oath when he told Congress that he had no contact with the Russian Ambassador? Hmmm... he will be next time.

No he wasn't - ergo no crime.
And yes, the spying is part of an investigation started under the Obama administration into the opposing campaign.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

SSDD.

Word games.
[snip]

Yes, without calling you out specifically, because you aren't the only one doing so, I was referring to your illegitimate use of the word "spying" in the context of describing on-going criminal investigations by the FBI and Department of Justice into some Trump associates (not "the Campaign") as pure semantics, i.e. word games.

(Along with your specious elision of "Obama Administration" with "FBI" and or "Department of Justice" etc.)
edit on 22-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Yet. Why do you keep missing the part where they say "ongoing?"

Because the fact it is ongoing does not mean that evidence has been found.
No evidence = No evidence.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

SSDD.

Word games.
[snip]

Yes, without calling you out specifically, because you aren't the only one doing so, I was referring to your illegitimate use of the word "spying" in the context of describing on-going criminal investigations by the FBI and Department of Justice into some Trump associates (not "the Campaign") is pure semantics, i.e. word games.

(As well is your specious elision of "Obama Administration" with "FBI")

Counter Intelligence investigations and we know that a call transcript has been leaked. Spying by any definition, and yes launched under the Obama administration.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

And yes, the spying is part of an investigation started under the Obama administration into the opposing campaign.

This is so freaking tedious. Obama was not involved. He was not running for office, so Trump was not "the opposing campaign." The investigation was started because Trump aids were stupid enough to talk to Russian agents that were being monitored for national security purposes.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Spying by any definition

Are you an American citizen? No. Are you monitoring conversations between American citizens on these boards? Yes. You're a spy. Confess!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

This is so freaking tedious. Obama was not involved. He was not running for office, so Trump was not "the opposing campaign." The investigation was started because Trump aids were stupid enough to talk to Russian agents that were being monitored for national security purposes.

We don;t know if Obama was involved. We do know it started under his administration and yes it was the opposing campaign being spied on. Obama was actively campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Spying by any definition

Are you an American citizen? No. Are you monitoring conversations between American citizens on these boards? Yes. You're a spy. Confess!

I would have to be looking at your posts without your knowledge (i.e. secretly) - I assume you are aware this is a public site?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

SSDD.

Word games.
[snip]

Yes, without calling you out specifically, because you aren't the only one doing so, I was referring to your illegitimate use of the word "spying" in the context of describing on-going criminal investigations by the FBI and Department of Justice into some Trump associates (not "the Campaign") is pure semantics, i.e. word games.

Counter Intelligence investigations and we know that a call transcript has been leaked. Spying by any definition, and yes launched under the Obama administration.

If it is "counter intelligence" then it is primarily against illegitimate foreign involvement. So, surveilling foreigners might qualify as spying in the strictest sense, but following up on information so gained in an investigation of American citizens would not be ... that would be a criminal investigation, which this is.

Referring to the FBI generically as "the Obama Administration" or certain Trump associates as the "Trump Campaign" is just pure rhetorical nonsense.

The entire Obama Administration was not involved in what the FBI is doing.

The entire Trump Campaign was not being investigated.

Again, you make the obvious error of generic versus specific reference.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

SSDD.

Word games.
[snip]

If it is "counter intelligence" then it is primarily against illegitimate foreign involvement. So, surveilling foreigners might qualify as spying in the strictest sense, but following up on information so gained in an investigation of American citizens would not be ... that would be a criminal investigation, which this is.

Referring to the FBI generically as "the Obama Administration" or certain Trump associates as the "Trump Campaign" is just pure rhetorical nonsense.

The entire Obama Administration was not involved in what the FBI is doing.

The entire Trump Campaign was not being investigated.

Again, you make the obvious error of generic versus specific.

The spying included listening and recording at least one conversation involving a US citizen. The intent may have been to spy on someone else but the information on a US citizen was not minimised, it was shared and leaked. This secret recording, sharing and leaking of a US citizens conversation is spying.

I did not say it was the whole Obama administration - I said the counter intelligence investigation began under the Obama administration. We do not know who in his administration was involved.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I would have to be looking at your posts without your knowledge (i.e. secretly) - I assume you are aware this is a public site?

But the Russians assumed they were being monitored, so I guess it wasn't spying after all.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'm sure that the FBI is also investigating illegal leaks of information, but the fact that certain information (not all of the results of the investigations to date, as you loosely suggest) was leaked DOES NOTHING to prove that "the Trump Campaign was spied on by the Obama Administration" as you keep repeating.

So now you want to play word games with "Obama Administration." You've made the statement multiple times, on record here, for all to see.

Of course we know who was involved in the investigations under discussion ... the FBI and the Department of Justice. Those are the facts.

Anything else is merely the smelliest of RED HERRING.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

But the Russians assumed they were being monitored, so I guess it wasn't spying after all.

Lol, if your argument is that reading posts on a website is the same as secretly recording phone calls, then I will just leave your argument to fall on it's own.

new topics

top topics

<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join