It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 337
<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Under Obama's watch the FBI were spying on Trump campaign members.

Are you implying Obama had anything to do with it?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
This is a very important part to understand

Mike Rogers knew exactly how many people at NSA would have the authority and ability to unmask a name.

I was disappointed that James Comey could not say how many within the FBI had that authority and ability.

I was disappointed that James Comey would not disclose whether they had even started their investigation into the leaking.

I was disappointed that when asked whether or not he had briefed Pres. Obama regarding the name, he would not divulge that information.

This is going to be a very long year.

for Trey Gowdy!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The FBI reports into the DoJ.

The FBI is part of the DOJ. Their job is to collect evidence that can be used in prosecuting a case in a court of law. To gather permissible evidence, they must have a warrant, as provided by the Constitution. To acquire a warrant, they must have probable cause. We now know that there was probable cause to investigate members of the Trump campaign for colluding with a hostile foreign power. (That's actually a pretty high bar.)

That we now know.

We also now know that Obama had nothing to do with it, based on the Director's testimony, and that of others.

It's also highly likely they were recording calls whilst Trump campaign members were inside Trump Tower.

Really? I suppose if NSA were monitoring their mobile phones, and the suspected traitors were foolish enough to phone from inside Trump tower....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Here's my take on it since they are all adamant that trump tower was not tapped in any way.
They certainly were investigating his staff . I do not think they bugged these guys person and they didn't bug trump tower. So they listened to them hence the reported FISA warrants which Comey didn't confirm.
But not to trump or his home or office.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The FBI reports into the DoJ.

The FBI is part of the DOJ. Their job is to collect evidence that can be used in prosecuting a case in a court of law. To gather permissible evidence, they must have a warrant, as provided by the Constitution. To acquire a warrant, they must have probable cause. We now know that there was probable cause to investigate members of the Trump campaign for colluding with a hostile foreign power. (That's actually a pretty high bar.)

That we now know.

We also now know that Obama had nothing to do with it, based on the Director's testimony, and that of others.

It's also highly likely they were recording calls whilst Trump campaign members were inside Trump Tower.

Really? I suppose if NSA were monitoring their mobile phones, and the suspected traitors were foolish enough to phone from inside Trump tower....

Yes, so the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign - we know that now.
We do not know anything about the probable cause for the FISA warrant. It could have been related to Trump operatives or merely the threat of Russian hacking.
Comey did not say Obama had nothing to do with it - he said he had no evidence Obama ordered a wire tap on Trump Tower.

edit on 20/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Are you implying Obama had anything to do with it?

No I am saying, as Comey did, that the Obama administration were running a counterintelligence operation which included Trump campaign members. They were spying on the Trump campaign, unless the FBI disregarded all their surveillance capability (unlikely).

No one has said yet whether Obama was involved in this counter intelligence effort against the man that was opposing his favoured candidate.
I am sure we will learn more as the investigation continues. Gowdy started this process today by asking if Obama was being briefed.

I do suspect today's narrative is a set up - Comey is with Trump in my view. Be careful not to be played.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes, so the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign - we know that now.

We know that the Trump campaign was under suspicion, and that evidence was being legally gathered against it. Keep spinning, though. I'm looking forward to the denouement of this panto. (Oh no he didn't! Oh yes he did!)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

We know that the Trump campaign was under suspicion, and that evidence was being legally gathered against it. Keep spinning, though. I'm looking forward to the denouement of this panto. (Oh no he didn't! Oh yes he did!)

There is zero spinning to say we do not know the evidence used to obtain a FISA warrant. The only spin would be to suggest that the existence of a warrant implicates the Trump team. That is unknown.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I do suspect today's narrative is a set up - Comey is with Trump in my view.

He did torpedo Hillary Clinton, didn't he?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So...evidence was being gathered.

i.e., wiretapping phone calls

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No one has said yet whether Obama was involved in this counter intelligence effort against the man that was opposing his favoured candidate.

Actually, Comey confirmed that today. He said there was no evidence and no authority.

I do suspect today's narrative is a set up - Comey is with Trump in my view. Be careful not to be played.

Agreed. You are following the narrative.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I do suspect today's narrative is a set up - Comey is with Trump in my view.

He did torpedo Hillary Clinton, didn't he?

Put it this way.

Sessions had to authorise Comey to say what he said.
Trump will have had pre-knowledge and may even have been involved in crafting the exact words.

I sense a game being played a few moves ahead.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Actually, Comey confirmed that today. He said there was no evidence and no authority.

Agreed. You are following the narrative.

Once again - Comey did not say Obama was not involved in the counter intelligence effort.
He said there was no evidence for Trumps claims in his tweets.
The ordering of surveillance is a red herring in the question of whether Obama was INVOLVED.

link   

You remember the little tweet today by Trump ? www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
dbp
edit on 20-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So...evidence was being gathered.

i.e., wiretapping phone calls

The phone calls of Russian diplomats are routinely "tapped." This is completely legal. If someone is stupid enough to say things on a line he knows to be tapped....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
dbp

Another good point - providing the appearance that Comey is non partisan will stifle any calls for a special prosecutor/counsel. Already has in fact - saw a statement today from a Democrat discussing how Comey needed to stay non partisan.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The ordering of surveillance is a red herring in the question of whether Obama was INVOLVED.

Keep moving those goalposts. Say, you should probably join a Moon Landing Hoax thread. You would fit right in!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Point being, this is the play.

Of course lines were tapped. To use the colloquial. I guess they were tapped in the same way i xerox copies on an HP printer. But you get the point. He was surveiled, which is the gist of his accusation (you can't hang him on terminology when he uses a 140 character medium, and clearly states it isn't his communication style) and what spurred the hearings.

He made an accusation against Obama that was merely a different take on what the MSM had been reporting: that he'd be surveilled during the election.

I think the MSM will come out the big loser here. And I think its a good thing, as we've all had a litany of complaints flowing for years.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Keep moving those goalposts. Say, you should probably join a Moon Landing Hoax thread. You would fit right in!

What goal posts - we already know Comey said Trump's tweet was a lie.

We've moved passed that and now, given the revelation that Obama's administration was spying on the Trump campaign, Obama's involvement is being questioned (hence Trey Gowdy's question on whether Obama was briefed on Flynn and also whether he had access to unmasked information).

Keep up.

new topics

top topics

<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join