It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

1. By the sheer nature of investigations President Trumps associates would not and could not be investigated without that moving to an eventual investigation President Trump himself....No if someone would say we have looked into his people and will get to him but haven't yet I would take that. But to say you are or have looked into his organization but didn't look at him at all???? If you buy that I have a bunch of other things for sale too!!!

That is an assumption on your part.

2. I don't expect you to read 300+ pages of this thread but I already said I don't think Obama "ordered" the surveillance per say but he did know about it and it started on his watch so Trump was correct In his assertion "Obama tapped my phone" as the buck stops with the commander in chief does it not??

No. Obama or any other president does not have that authority.

3. You are the one implying Obama used that info to effect some change and I agree with you.

I made no such implication. What I posted was a question.

But to imply Donald Trump worked with the Russians is a little much without evidence.

I made no such implication.

Kind of like the evidence provided today by Comey.....Confirming the claim that Trump was tapped while Obama was in office

Trump was personally tapped? I did not hear that claim being made.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

How was that done then, or was that conjecture on your part?

Not sure. You may want to ask the FBI and the rest of the IC. They are the ones that decided further investigation was warranted.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You just confirmed that your self satisfaction on a tweet being a lie is your primary concern, in fact only concern it seems, whilst laws are being broken.

I just confirmed that a lie from the President of The United States leveled at a former President of The United States, no matter the medium, is not only NOT self-gratifying, but abysmally insipid.

At least we know you don't have any perspective on what is important and are driven purely by political points scoring.

I think if my intent were to score political points, I would simply be agreeing with the rest of you sycophants and racking up the stars....I don't.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth

You just confirmed that your self satisfaction on a tweet being a lie is your primary concern, in fact only concern it seems, whilst laws are being broken.

I just confirmed that a lie from the President of The United States leveled at a former President of The United States, no matter the medium, is not only NOT self-gratifying, but abysmally insipid.

At least we know you don't have any perspective on what is important and are driven purely by political points scoring.

I think if my intent were to score political points, I would simply be agreeing with the rest of you sycophants and racking up the stars....I don't.

I think you got what you needed. By the letter of Trump's tweets, he lied. Have a biscuit and relax as you've said you are not interested in anything else.

edit on 20/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

"Lies" not confirmed as lies.

The FBI and JD having no knowledge doesn't automatically mean other agencies were not involved in deep cover domestic surveillance.

It's all classified anyway.

And the Flynn leaks prove somebody was "listening".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No assumption...I am VERY familiar with investigations and the tactics used to get what you're looking for...lol to say someone is assuming the FBI is NOT using proper investigation technics as a counter argument is pretty thin...I would think even you hope the FBI is using all tactics and following ALL leads to get to the bottom of this...Comey even said himself there are no sacred cows which is code for we are and will investigate anyone....even the president...How you don't understand what he meant?

Like I said I don't think Obama went down to the court house and asked for the surveillance however as commander in chief to say he wouldn't know about investigation into a foreign government attempting to undermine our elections or that the FBI was looking into Trump is just Naïve...I think we all know better than that.

Ok to answer your question again, yes I would not put that past Obama to use information gathered from intelligence briefings to inform Hillary of ongoing investigations on her challenger. I'm not a fool and can read into what people are saying, like when Hillary was on the campaign trail stating big news was coming against Trump....her only problem was they couldn't find the fire before Trump beat her in the elections.

You didn't imply that but a lot of people have and that's what I meant by "they"

Trump organization and Trump are the same thing. You can investigate one without the other...Period..

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

lol to say someone is assuming the FBI is NOT using proper investigation technics as a counter argument is pretty thin

I said no such thing. Why do I continually have to argue about points I never even made?

There was no confirmation that Trump was part of any investigation. To say so is pure speculation or assumptions.

Like I said I don't think Obama went down to the court house and asked for the surveillance however as commander in chief to say he wouldn't know about investigation into a foreign government attempting to undermine our elections or that the FBI was looking into Trump is just Naïve...I think we all know better than that.

That does not mean Trump was correct in saying Obama tapped him.

Trump organization and Trump are the same thing. You can investigate one without the other...Period..

You can, or you can't?
edit on 20-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You may want to ask the FBI and the rest of the IC. They are the ones that decided further investigation was warranted.

Like how Comey decided further investigation was warranted
when looking at the emails on Weiner's laptop?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It's already been clarified that Trump was talking about the Obama administration. Whether that was a cop out is another matter, but in that sense the original tweet has already been clarified.

Today we found out that the Obama Administration was indeed running surveillance on the Trump campaign. It's not confirmed by them that this swept up some Trump communications too, but I find it unlikely that it did not. I also find it highly plausible that some of the Trump team's phone conversations spied on would have take place in Trump Tower.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

You may want to ask the FBI and the rest of the IC. They are the ones that decided further investigation was warranted.

Like how Comey decided further investigation was warranted
when looking at the emails on Weiner's laptop?

That's a silly response.

Please don't waste my time.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's already been clarified that Trump was talking about the Obama administration. Whether that was a cop out is another matter, but in that sense the original tweet has already been clarified.

I know. Trump's people spend a lot of time going back over what he said to make it appear as if he didn't say what he said, or didn't mean what he said.

No matter what, Trump comes out the fool this time.

Even you had to add the caveat that there is a possibility of his "clarifications" being a cop-out.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Don't put facts out there...It just messes up the CTR crowd. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Obama was commander in chief...Investigation started while he was in office, therefore Obama's administration AKA Obama wire tapped Trump...PERIOD...

The only speculation or assumptions here is you saying our government stopped at investigating President Trumps associates only....The FBI by their own admission today have been watching Trump and/or his associates sine July 2016 and still are.

Maybe for your argument they will give an exact date on when Trump was pulled into the investigation but he was pulled in non the less therefore he was and is being investigated.

OK pumpkin??

edit on 20-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I know. Trump's people spend a lot of time going back over what he said to make it appear as if he didn't say what he said, or didn't mean what he said.

No matter what, Trump comes out the fool this time.

Even you had to add the caveat that there is a possibility of his "clarifications" being a cop-out.

I think his 'clarification' was a cop out in the sense he knew he hadn't been clear and then when the sh** hit the fan had to wind it back. That does make him look foolish. Hardly the first time a President has looked foolish or had to walk back a lie.

I'm still baffled by the focus on the tweet when his administration has already effectively said that he didn't mean exactly what he tweeted.

Take away the laser focus on proving he technically lied and you are still left with the fact that the Obama Administration did put the Trump campaign under surveillance (at the same time that Obama himself was campaigning for Hillary by the way) and there was a crime committed against a Trump campaign member in General Flynn.

I would have thought those points would be concerning to the American people, especially as they have not been provided any evidence that Russia hacked the DNC to provide any clear motive for surveillance, and have had to rely on the word of the very administration that put Trump's campaign under surveillance.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Obama was commander in chief...Investigation started while he was in office, therefore Obama's administration AKA Obama wire tapped Trump...PERIOD.

Which member of the president's cabinet ordered the surveillance?

The only speculation or assumptions here is you saying our government stopped at investigating President Trumps associates only....The FBI by their own admission today have been watching Trump and/or his associates sine July 2016 and still are.

Is it "and" or "or"? I did not say they did or did not stop at only Trump's associates. You are speculating and assuming that Trump has, in fact, been a focus in this investigation. Nothing I have read confirms or denies that.

Maybe for your argument they will give an exact date on when Trump was pulled into the investigation but he was pulled in non the less therefore he was and is being investigated.

Ya, I'd rather have solid proof before making assumptions...if I can help it.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Too close to home eh?
I can understand why you dodged that answer...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think his 'clarification' was a cop out in the sense he knew he hadn't been clear and then when the sh** hit the fan had to wind it back. That does make him look foolish. Hardly the first time a President has looked foolish or had to walk back a lie.

True. Add the fact that he did it on twitter like a jaded teenage girl and I can see why they were quick to "Clarify".

I'm still baffled by the focus on the tweet when his administration has already effectively said that he didn't mean exactly what he tweeted.

Perhaps it's because Trump is known for being a "straight talker" and saying exactly what is on his mind. It's become quite clear that we cannot believe what Trump says. We have to wait for clarification by one of his staff.

Today's events and the way many people are defending him only further highlights the fact we cannot take Trump for his word.

Take away the laser focus on proving he technically lied and you are still left with the fact that the Obama Administration did put the Trump campaign under surveillance (at the same time that Obama himself was campaigning for Hillary by the way) and there was a crime committed against a Trump campaign member in General Flynn.

Which member of his cabinet ordered the surveillance? I've missed that.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Too close to home eh?
I can understand why you dodged that answer...

The two cases are not comparable.

You're not trying to debate a specific aspect of the topic at hand. You're trying to make irrelevant, childish comments that are a complete waste of our time.

Come back when you are willing to step away from the kiddee table and have an adult conversation.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Which member of his cabinet ordered the surveillance? I've missed that.

I'm sure we will get some info on that soon enough....I'll check back with you personally when it comes out Obama not only knew but he or his staff was behind the warrants on Trump and his associates.

Until then we will have to agree to disagree as to who is behind this and their motives.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Could this be the mother of all fake news, or the camel that breaks Obamas back?

As it turns out, the mother of all fake news....who saw that coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join