It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Disappointed with the hearing... Nothing but political grandstanding, repetition of unsubstantiated claims and a whole lot of "cant comment" due to the info being classified / confirming / denying investigations etc. Thus far the public hearing has not really answered any of the questions I had.

As for the discussion about Obama ordering something the answer was specific and dealt solely with Trump Tower and wiretapping. It did not include any questions dealing with any other properties that were Trump related or any other type of surveillance.

Also when Comey answered the question about a warrant he answered it from the domestic criminal side only. He stated a few times they are prohibited from discussing anything FISA related. That would include FISA related warrants.

The first 45 minutes was quite revealing, especially the confirmation of the IC operation into Trump associates, but it went downhill and turned into a conspiracy theory show and Comey seized up completely (probably because it had degenerated into conspiracy).

I do think there is something being missed though.. ask yourself why Jeff Sessions gave Comey authorisation to confirm the investigation... I highly doubt it was to hurt Trump. My guess is he wanted, as did Trump, the people to know that Trump associates were indeed under surveillance.

I wonder were any of the "wire taps" carried out on any Trump associate whilst they were in Trump Tower?
edit on 20/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That wasn't said that I saw and you can check the other thread I was watching from opening statements.
(almost wrote opening arguments)
Comey stated from the beginning that no conclusions should be drawn by his inability to answer any question as to denial or confirmation.
I have,watched as a few tried to work around one road block only to come upon another one guarding the same issue.
I can see where it appears damaging for trump but if I follow Mr Comeys instructions( and after seeing his ability to absolutely protect classified information no matter how it's probed I think I will) then I cannot say that for sure.

I also have to say that I agree with Trey Gowdy on this one point. Any vacuum left by unanswered questions will be quickly filled by you and I.
edit on 3202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I gave you a star for this part.

I also have to say that I agree with Trey Gowdy on this one point. Any vacuum left by unanswered questions will be quickly filled my you and I.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

See we can agree on things that are clear cut.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Sorry, I'm not biting.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: UKTruth

We certainly need to know exactly who was involved in order to get to the leaker, so they can go to jail.

Leaker?
Or NINE leakers?

Gowdy is nailing this down now.

This is the crux of the matter....evidence.
And witnesses....

Not propaganda pieces from the NYT.....
And troll armies from CTR.

edit on 20-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruthIt's a near certainty that the Obama Administration was spying on the Trump campaign.

No. It's a near certainty that Trumps associates got swept up into an investigation involving Russia attempting to influence the outcome of the election.

Either/or. The Obama administration used counter intelligence surveillance to tap into conversations including Trump campaign members and then unmasked information about a US Citizen (at least one) was leaked to the press.

The first part is unlikely to be illegal - the second part is.

I think the distinction is pretty important. It's not an either/or scenario. Saying Obama ordered spying on the Trump Campaign is NOT tantamount to claiming that Trump and his associates are being investigated for possible connections with an attempt to derail the US election process by teh Russians.

It becomes a little less important because the information was unmasked and leaked. Under those circumstances, the reason for the spying is not as important as the fact that electronic surveillance was used to collect a US citizens (a Trump associate) conversation and then leaked in raw format. The motive for doing that is also not hard to figure out, as was discussed today.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Gowdy nails it ...He usually does .lets hope that the vacuum he talks about collapses so quickly and tightly that MSM political crap will never be seen again ...a guy can dream eh

I sure hope that Gowdy gets to question Andrew McCabe at some point .

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: Kryties

So you agree then?? Trump and his team were "spied on" while Obama was in Office??

That no longer needs to be a question.
It was confirmed today. We are yet to get the specifics of how Trumps associates were spied on, where they were spied on and whether Trump himself was spied on as part of the operation.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Sorry, I'm not biting.

Ok I'll try it this way....Has President Trump or members of his organization been under the investigation by the FBI for possible collusion with the Russians since July 2016??

My next question is who was President during the year of 2016??

My next question....do you think presidents are informed about intelligence indicating an attack on the US or collusion of it's citizens with foreign governments to say, over throw elections?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

We certainly need to know exactly who was involved in order to get to the leaker, so they can go to jail.

Leaker?
Or NINE leakers?

Gowdy's questions started listing them out and it was interesting to hear him grill Comey on the Whitehouse's access to unmasked info. At this stage we still need to know if Obama himself handled the unmasked info and until we know he can not be written off as a suspect on the leaks.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I see the pro-Trumpers are still clinging to hope despite the facts.

How very sad.

I feel like I'm talking to house plants ... did you see the same broadcasts I did? Because apparently some folks saw something completely different.

Apparently now, being investigated by the FBI is equal to being spied on by the Obama Administration.

That's the only hysterical claim that's getting made here, and that's about as irrational as they come.

Am I missing something?

Yup, watched most of it via Internet stream while I was playing Battlefield 1. It seems that some people simply do not want to admit they were wrong, whether that be because of pride or arrogance - who knows.

You're not missing anything mate.

What we also did not miss is the fact that once Comey confirmed that an investigation was indeed taking place, the narrative began to build that the leaks were a more important focus.

Trump supporters, and even Gowdy, dismissed the last narrative being squashed and moved on to the next one without skipping a beat.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not biting.

Ok I'll try it this way....Has President Trump or members of his organization been under the investigation by the FBI for possible collusion with the Russians since July 2016??

My next question....do you think presidents are informed about intelligence indicating an attack on the US or collusion of it's citizens with foreign governments to say, over throw elections?

Give up, these people are not interested in facts - only running around claiming that an investigation means Trump is colluding with Russians and claiming some kind of weird 'win'. I only see sillyolme being interested in what was actually said.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You don't understand. This is a common thread between him and I.

Oh. Well then carry on.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I see the pro-Trumpers are still clinging to hope despite the facts.

How very sad.

I feel like I'm talking to house plants ... did you see the same broadcasts I did? Because apparently some folks saw something completely different.

Apparently now, being investigated by the FBI is equal to being spied on by the Obama Administration.

That's the only hysterical claim that's getting made here, and that's about as irrational as they come.

Am I missing something?

Yup, watched most of it via Internet stream while I was playing Battlefield 1. It seems that some people simply do not want to admit they were wrong, whether that be because of pride or arrogance - who knows.

You're not missing anything mate.

What we also did not miss is the fact that once Comey confirmed that an investigation was indeed taking place, the narrative began to build that the leaks were a more important focus.

Trump supporters, and even Gowdy, dismissed the last narrative being squashed and moved on to the next one without skipping a beat.

I think they were perfectly happy with that part and probably knew anyway that it was going to be mentioned, unless you actually believe that Jeff Sessions authorised Comey to reveal it and Trump was not in the loop?

We were told today that the Obama Administration were running counter intelligence operations that included members of the Trump campaign team, that Obama did not order the wire tapping of Trump tower, and that only certain people that can be identified as a group would have had access to unmasked information.

As yet the only crime we know of remains that Flynn was spied on and the unmasked details of one of his conversations was leaked to the press. The criminal who did that is still at large and as yet unidentified.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It becomes a little less important

No, it doesn't really because...

electronic surveillance was used to collect a US citizens (a Trump associate) conversation

is perfectly acceptable while...

then leaked in raw format.

...is not.

So, if Trump's associates were in fact being investigated with probable cause then the surveillance was justified, case closed.

Only case remaining is the criminal proceedings for those involved in any alleged leaking and steps taken.

All of which is a FAR stretch from making the irrational and irresponsible tweet flurry of "Obama wiretapped my phones".

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not biting.

I do not understand what the point is of those questions.

Clearly, the investigation began under Obama's presidency. But I'm not sure why that matters. Comey specifically stated that a president cannot order such surveillance.

Are we still trying to assert that this was an act by Obama against a political opponent, even though the IC confirmed today that there was an investigation taking place...which means there are legitimate reasons for doing so?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You don't understand. This is a common thread between him and I.

He's constantly informing me about stuff he doesn't know. To the point where he tried telling me what was really happening once in California where I live. He refused to accept that perhaps, that me living right in the spot were were talking about might mean I know what I'm talking about. But he insisted out of arrogance that I needed him to tell me what was happening where I actually live.

Don't remember that, but it's a sure bet your were indeed talking sh**.
It must have been some time ago.. perhaps you should not let it bother you so much as to be affecting your posts so long after?
I'm flattered that you are still simmering, but honestly, let it go... don't be such a prissy little fellow

edit on 20/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Did the FBI inform Obama that they were investigating Hillarys emails again days before the election?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think they were perfectly happy with that part and probably knew anyway that it was going to be mentioned, unless you actually believe that Jeff Sessions authorised Comey to reveal it and Trump was not in the loop?

Of course they knew. That is why Gowdy was prepared to change the focus to the leaks.

We were told today that the Obama Administration were running counter intelligence operations that included members of the Trump campaign team

I did not get to catch the hearing in it's entirety. Can you provide a quote from the hearing on that?

As yet the only crime we know of remains that Flynn was spied on and the unmasked details of one of his conversations was leaked to the press. The criminal who did that is still at large and as yet unidentified.

I know. That is now the new focus. You guys follow suit very well.

It seems we cannot take a moment to realize that a specific narrative, one in which the Russia aspect was considered to be "fake news", has been completely trashed.
edit on 20-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join