It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
For the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to be tweeting absurdities and lies that he read on Breitbart at 3 AM clearly suggests a severe lack of sanity and connection to the real world.

There is no one debating this except for irrational zealots, and there's no reason to be reasonable with irrational zealots.

i think he must realize this but will never admit it...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

For the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to be tweeting absurdities and lies that he read on Breitbart at 3 AM clearly suggests a severe lack of sanity and connection to the real world.

There is no one debating this except for irrational zealots, and there's no reason to be reasonable with irrational zealots.

You make a statement that tweeting at 3am to make an accusation "clearly suggests a severe lack of sanity" and you call me a zealot?

I'll assume you are joking.
edit on 19/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

You are giving examples that you have given your opinion of and I disagree with your opinions. I see nothing undignified or unjustified in his dealings with the press. I see very little unprofessional about his approach, certainly no more or less than any other President. I certainly am not going to suggest that a President is unfit if he lies, unless all Presidents in recent times were unfit (and probably most before that).

You will not hold a president to the same or higher criteria you see fit for the media?

I've seen you complain about the lies the media tells, but you do not find the lies a president tells to be undignified, unjustified or unprofessional?

Are you being silly, or hypocritical?

So if i think the media is unprofessional then I must also think Trump is unprofessional???

Why? Because you say so?
What if i have different criteria to you to make such assessments?

Try not to project your opinions onto me.
Thanks.

Hypocritical it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You are giving examples that you have given your opinion of and I disagree with your opinions. I see nothing undignified or unjustified in his dealings with the press. I see very little unprofessional about his approach, certainly no more or less than any other President. I certainly am not going to suggest that a President is unfit if he lies, unless all Presidents in recent times were unfit (and probably most before that).

You will not hold a president to the same or higher criteria you see fit for the media?

I've seen you complain about the lies the media tells, but you do not find the lies a president tells to be undignified, unjustified or unprofessional?

So if i think the media is unprofessional then I must also think Trump is unprofessional???

Why? Because you say so?

Thanks.

Hypocritical it is.

Why? Because you say so?
You want your opinions and assessments to be the only ones?
I see.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i think he must realize this but will never admit it...

I "must" realise the President is insane because you don't relate to what time he tweets and is (probably) incorrect in his accusation?
You guys certainly seem to demand that everyone take your opinions as the truth a lot... or they must be zealots or irrational... that is more a sign of an unstable mind than anything Trump has done.

So two different things have to be the same and Trump has to be insane or else I am an irrational zealot.... right... oh dear.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Why? Because you say so?

Thanks.

Hypocritical it is.

Why? Because you say so?
I see.

I've said nothing of the sort.

Just because you've decided to entrench yourself in the most idiotic line of reasoning does not mean you get to make things up.

Perjury isn't lying...

edit on 19-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I see you have finally decided to abandon any appearance of rationality. Well played.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Why? Because you say so?

Thanks.

Hypocritical it is.

Why? Because you say so?
I see.

I've said nothing of the sort.

Just because you've decided to entrench yourself in the most idiotic line of reasoning does not mean you get to make things up.

Perjury isn't lying...

Perjury is not the same as lying... you are correct.
I would have thought that would have been obvious a long time ago as the definitions are well documented.

Like I said before you can lie and NOT commit perjury - that should be enough for you to realise your mistake.

More importantly, nothing you can do or say will change the fact that Bill Clinton was impeached for committing perjury, not because he lied. Presidents are not impeached for lying, only perjury according to precedent.

As for assessments of the media and Trump wrt professionalism and integrity, I judge them the way I see fit, not your way.
You seem to have a hard time with dissent from your opinions. You didn;t even ask for any clarification, just projected your own views to draw a conclusion on me.
You might want to curb that type of authoritarian behaviour. It's rather ugly.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I see you have finally decided to abandon any appearance of rationality. Well played.

No i will stay in the realms of this reality, where perjury is different from lying.
The former requires that you are under oath (as well as several other criteria already documented), the latter does not.

You can lie all day every day (a la CNN
) and not commit perjury.. there is your clue.
I hope it is enough for you to return to the real world.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Perjury is not the same as lying... you are correct. I would have thought that would have been obvious a long time ago.

Perjury is lying...by it's very definition. My post was laughing at you because you've taken your argument to the point of it being sadly pathetic.

Like I said before you can lie and NOT commit perjury - that should be enough for you to realise your mistake.

But you cannot commit perjury without lying. Your argument is absurd.

As for assessments of the media and Trump wrt professionalism and integrity, I judge them the way I see fit, not your way.

I know. You have lower standards for the president of the US than you do the lowly press that you like to complain about. You're letting your partisanship affect your thinking.

You seem to have a hard time with dissent from your opinions.

I do not care if someone's opinion is different than mine. At least have a consistent, logical, non-hypocritical basis for your opinion.

You didn;t even ask for any clarification, just projected your own views to draw a conclusion on me. You might want to curb that type of authoritarian behaviour. It's rather ugly.

Making things up again, I see.

As usual, you make absurd comments to deflect.

edit on 19-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Perjury is not the same as lying... you are correct. I would have thought that would have been obvious a long time ago.

Perjury is lying...by it's very definition. My post was laughing at you because you've taken your argument to the point of it being sadly pathetic.

I know. You have lower standards for the president of the US than you do the lowly press that you like to complain about. You're letting your partisanship affect your thinking.

You seem to have a hard time with dissent from your opinions.

I do not care if someone's opinion is different than mine. At least have a consistent, logical, non-hypocritical basis for your opinion.

You didn;t even ask for any clarification, just projected your own views to draw a conclusion on me. You might want to curb that type of authoritarian behaviour. It's rather ugly.

Making things up again, I see.

As usual, you make absurd comments to deflect.

Actually no, perjury is not lying by it's very definition.
The definition of perjury has been posted.
You can lie and NOT commit perjury, therefore the defintions must be different - at least in the real world which you seem to have abandoned.
You have nowhere to turn to deny that inconvenient truth whenever you step back into reality.

Therefore a statement that 'perjury is lying by it's very definition' shows you don't know what you are talking about.

Your opinion of standards are your own, I don't share the way you judge standards.
Like I said, it sounds like dissent from your world view really upsets you. Try to focus a little less on yourself, it might help you.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You make a statement that tweeting at 3am to make an accusation "clearly suggests a severe lack of sanity" and you call me a zealot?

Again you're misrepresenting what I said (another form of lying).

Listen carefully this time ... when the PRESIDENT of the United States tweets a string of lies at 3 AM that he read at Breitbart accusing the former President of "wiretapping" him, then yes, that tweeting is insane.

Normal people don't even do such crazy things ... much less the PRESIDENT.

You've completely left any semblance of respectability in your posts. Your posts have gone full-blown Trump apologist as well as showing a marked lack of rationality even regarding the most basic and simplistic concepts.

I don't really think it's worth anyone's time attempting to converse with that level of absurdity.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
and to see the ones defending "lying" and prove that perjury just last summer now up in arms over the same is surreal

appearantly morality depends only on party affiliation

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Listen carefully this time ... when the PRESIDENT of the United States tweets a string of lies he read at Breitbart accusing the former President of "wiretapping" him, then yes, that tweeting is insane

you can tell me the sun is purple as well
still does not make it so

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I wasn't referring to your narrow and somewhat circular hairsplitting over lying; I am referring to your nonchalance towards mental illness in high places.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
and to see the ones defending "lying" and prove that perjury just last summer now up in arms over the same is surreal

appearantly morality depends only on party affiliation

No one here is "defending lying."

Quipping in with such a ridiculous remark merely demonstrates that you don't have anything worthwhile to say on the topic.

And partisans who live in glass houses shouldn't throw partisan rocks.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Actually no, perjury is not lying by it's very definition. The definition of perjury has been posted. You can lie and NOT commit perjury, therefore the defintions must be different - at least in the real world which you seem to have abandoned.

But you cannot perjure yourself without lying. A fact you continue to pass by. At this point it's becoming clear that your partisanship is more important than your honesty.

Please explain to me how one can commit perjury without lying.

Your opinion of standards are your own, I don't share the way you judge standards. Like I said, it sounds like dissent from your world view really upsets you. Try to focus a little less on yourself, it might help you.

It doesn't upset me in the slightest. You're just projecting and making things up as you go. That is what you do. You like to make little snarky pot-shots in order to deflect.

Not going to work here.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

Listen carefully this time ... when the PRESIDENT of the United States tweets a string of lies he read at Breitbart accusing the former President of "wiretapping" him, then yes, that tweeting is insane

you can tell me the sun is purple as well
still does not make it so

Another absurd remark that adds nothing to the conversation.

Why would you think I'm trying to convince you of anything?

I made a clear, obvious statement of fact, observable by any rational person that isn't blinded by Trump worship.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Again you're misrepresenting what I said (another form of lying).

Listen carefully this time ... when the PRESIDENT of the United States tweets a string of lies he read at Breitbart accusing the former President of "wiretapping" him, then yes, that tweeting is insane.

Normal people don't even do such crazy things ... much less the PRESIDENT.

You've completely left any semblance of respectability in your posts. Your posts have gone full-blown Trump apologist as well as showing a marked lack of rationality yourself even regarding the most basic and simplistic concepts.

I don't really think it's worth attempting to converse with this level of absurdity.

Well a rationale mind would accept the reality that perjury and lying are different, so I think it's me who is on firm ground.

Posting a tweet at 3am to accuse Obama is insane in what way? You can claim it, but on what grounds? IS any accusation against Obama insane? Is a 3am tweet insane? Or is it the combination of both?

What is wrong with a 3am tweet? Is staying up late at the weekend somehow odd?
What makes Obama above being accused of something?

Where is you assessment coming from?

My points remain the same.
Perjury by its very definition (posted) is different from lying.
I see no evidence that Trump is insane.
I see no precedent to suggest the silly list posted is grounds for a declaration of the President being unfit for office.

You seem to translate that into me being an irrational Trump apologist. That translation would tell me that it's you being irrational here.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Actually no, perjury is not lying by it's very definition. The definition of perjury has been posted. You can lie and NOT commit perjury, therefore the defintions must be different - at least in the real world which you seem to have abandoned.

But you cannot perjure yourself without lying. A fact you continue to pass by. At this point it's becoming clear that your partisanship is more important than your honesty.

Please explain to me how one can commit perjury without lying.

Your opinion of standards are your own, I don't share the way you judge standards. Like I said, it sounds like dissent from your world view really upsets you. Try to focus a little less on yourself, it might help you.

It doesn't upset me in the slightest. You're just projecting and making things up as you go. That is what you do. You like to make little snarky pot-shots in order to deflect.

Not going to work here.

So? What if you cannot perjure yourself without lying? That does not make them the same.
Like I said, you CAN lie without perjuring yourself. So they must be different in some way.

They are of course.
To perjure yourself you must lie under oath relating to something material to the issue you are being questioned on. There are legal ramifications to committing perjury.

You can lie under oath without committing perjury and you can lie all day when you are not under oath without breaking the law.

Quite how you conclude that the definition of lying and perjury is the same is mind boggling. I don't think it is me that is entrenched...

You are indeed projecting your opinions onto me because you made a conclusion that my views about the media professionalism (which I have never mentioned) are somehow at odds with my views on Trump's professionalism. You made up your own story based on your own opinions and standards to fit an insult you wanted to hurl.
Now that will not work with me. I just call it out as the BS it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join