It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has just directly accused Obama of wiretapping Trump residence.

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: alphabetaone

"Lying" and "Lying under oath" have 2 different legal contexts.

It seem the so called experts who don't like foreigners can't quite grasp the concept.

I love foreigners.

That doesn't make your opinion worth anything, irrespective of that.

If the truth doesn't matter to you, then that is a life choice you make.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It seem the so called experts who don't like foreigners can't quite grasp the concept.

I love foreigners.

That doesn't make your opinion worth anything, irrespective of that.

If the truth doesn't matter to you, then that is a life choice you make.

Truth matters....but I will concede only marginally....anyone who has ever had to answer the inevitable "do these jeans make me look fat" knows precisely how marginal "Truth" really is.....

But what I was specifically referring to was that your opinions don't matter in this case, not the truth because they are independent of each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Correct me if I am wrong, as I have not been able to read the entire discussion, but I think the premise here is that if the President continues to lie and to the point that it creates certain issues, both domestically or internationally, Trump could potentially be removed from office by the VP and Congress...by invoking Section 4 of the 25th amendment.

No perjury necessary.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You're wrong.

Deal with it.

I'll deal with the truth - the undeniable fact that Bill Clinton was not impeached for lying AND that I answered the question posed.

As history tells us, Billy boy was impeached for lying under oath - more specifically perjury.

Facts matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

As history tells us, Billy boy was impeached for lying under oath - more specifically perjury.

I see. Now it's all starting to come clear....I wish I had seen this before.

Lying under oath, is not lying. >.>

Facts matter.

Oh.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Correct me if I am wrong, as I have not been able to read the entire discussion, but I think the premise here is that if the President continues to lie and to the point that it creates certain issues, both domestically or internationally, Trump could potentially be removed from office by the VP and Congress...by invoking Section 4 of the 25th amendment.

No perjury necessary.

Pence and the majority of the heads of the exec branch could invoke XXV for any reason, technically.
Given the declarative statement that Trump IS unfit for office for the reasons in the silly list, I continue to ask for any evidence to back that up. So far nothing. Even some precedent might be nice.. which is why we got to Billy boy, but alas it does not hold up because he was not impeached for lying.

edit on 18/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

but alas it does not hold up because he was not impeached for lying.

Introvert, you moron, didn't you know that lying under oath is not lying?

Don't make the same mistake I've made.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

No, lying under oath is not the same as lying. A child is taught such things in school.

Facts matter...and the undeniable fact is that Bill Clinton was not impeached for lying, he was impeached for perjury, or lying under oath.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

No, lying under oath is not the same as lying. A child is taught such things in school.

Facts matter.

You're 100% right!

I was taught from early on that lying is not the same thing as lying.

I am now in complete agreement with you, what are you fighting?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

Facts matter.

You're 100% right!

Changing or omitting words won't help you.
Lying is not the same as lying under oath. The latter is called perjury, which is what Bill Clinton was impeached for.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

Facts matter.

You're 100% right!

Lying is not the same as lying under oath. The latter is called perjury, which is what Bill Clinton was impeached for.

Now I need help to agree with you? What do I need help with?

Lying isn't lying....I agree with you. Whadda ya want, an Affa David with a notary republic or sumthin?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

Facts matter.

You're 100% right!

Now I need help to agree with you? What do I need help with?

Lying isn't lying....I agree with you. Whadda ya want, an Affa David with a notary republic or sumthin?

You are almost there... you just need to force yourself to make the next step back into reality... by saying that lying isn't perjury... go on , I know you can do it. I'm rooting for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Maybe you could work Plagiarism in to show the distinctions .

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yet, it wasn't the question asked. There was no "legal context" in the question.

But "Context" is the point.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Pence and the majority of the heads of the exec branch could invoke XXV for any reason, technically.

Indeed. If the President is found to be a habitual/compulsive liar and it has an effect on his ability to carry out his duties, it's possible it could lead to his removal from office.

Given the declarative statement that Trump IS unfit for office for the reasons in the silly list, I continue to ask for any evidence to back that up. So far nothing.

There are a couple items on that list that are rather subjective or relative, but I'm confused as to why you have not considered at least the 4 first on the list.

We know he has lied. Just look at his statement about the murder rate for the past 40 some years as an example.

As president of the US, lying is absolutely irresponsible.

He has conducted himself in an undignified manner. Look to how he treats the press.

Lastly, he has been unprofessional. Accusing the former President of wiretapping or the UK-spy issue was unprofessional and if there was/is truth to it, it should have been handled in a much different manner.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That scenario would have to involve a deep conspiracy by more than one person.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Facts matter.

Oh.

"Lying" and "Lying under oath" have different legal context.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I didn't want to get in to that part of the argument because it's absolutely absurd.

Lying is lying. Period. Lying under oath only changes the circumstances, and possible consequences, in which the lie is told.

It's still the same act of attempting to deceive.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Indeed. If the President is found to be a habitual/compulsive liar and it has an effect on his ability to carry out his duties, it's possible it could lead to his removal from office.

Given the declarative statement that Trump IS unfit for office for the reasons in the silly list, I continue to ask for any evidence to back that up. So far nothing.

There are a couple items on that list that are rather subjective or relative, but I'm confused as to why you have not considered at least the 4 first on the list.

We know he has lied. Just look at his statement about the murder rate for the past 40 some years as an example.

As president of the US, lying is absolutely irresponsible.

He has conducted himself in an undignified manner. Look to how he treats the press.

Lastly, he has been unprofessional. Accusing the former President of wiretapping or the UK-spy issue was unprofessional and if there was/is truth to it, it should have been handled in a much different manner.

All Presidents lie. We can go back and forth on how much and take our relative (opposing) sides on the matter if you like (but please, let's not). If a person ever lies in their lives are they a liar? Technically yes, but then most people are. Regardless no President has ever been declared unfit for lying, hence the opinion that he is unfit for such is nothing more than that - an opinion.

What about those that believe he is justified in his treatment of the press and it is not undignified? Do they count? Who gave you the moral compass for all?

Same with the subjective term 'professional'. I think in the main he has been very professional. His campaign was executed brilliantly, his cabinet choices were excellent, his policies are spot on in my view.

There is nothing in the law that takes these terms and assesses any behaviour associated to them as a determination that a President would be unfit. There is no precedent that suggests that these will be reasons for him being declared unfit.

I am perfectly fine with opinions that he is unfit for whatever reason, but when declarative statements are made based on whiny lists of subjective reasons, then they are begging to be called out for the BS that they are.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I didn't want to get in to that part of the argument because it's absolutely absurd.

Lying is lying. Period. Lying under oath only changes the circumstances, and possible consequences, in which the lie is told.

It's still the same act of attempting to deceive.

One is illegal, the other isn't.
One has never been used to impeach a President, the other has.
Lying is not the same as perjury. Period.

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join